Aircraft maint issues

What I have heard is that the Mechanics are finished and the Association is waiting on the Fleet Service.
You guys have seen the chatter about the Fleet Scope but Maintenance cannot settle without the Fleet.
Buck just read an update today that states mechanics are not done with scope.
Hey weezy, repost the update...

What I have heard is that the Mechanics are finished and the Association is waiting on the Fleet Service.
You guys have seen the chatter about the Fleet Scope but Maintenance cannot settle without the Fleet.
According to the update weez posted the mechanics scope is nowhere near finished. The folks I speak with say the same. below are two parts of the latest update that confirm that the mechanics are not done.
Yes weez, I used your update post.

This is for AANOTOK.

Trying again to talk about American Airlines.

February 9, 2019

Brothers and Sisters,
"We will also refocus next week’s discussions in Atlanta on the open Scope items for all groups."

And

"Company negotiators made it as clear as they could – they want us to concede the work we do. Their proposals and positions at the bargaining table attack every Association classification. They want to eliminate massive numbers of jobs in overhaul maintenance, increase the amount of line maintenance that can be performed by others internationally, decimate the skill and amount of facilities maintenance performed in-house, and vendor out any Fleet work they see fit. Every classification is affected by these draconian Company proposals."

Future mediation dates scheduled:

The week of February 11- ATL
The week of March 18- DFW
The week of April 22- FLL
Fraternally,

Your Association Executive Negotiating Committee

Quotations added by me to highlight the para's talking about mechanics work.
Deletion of other para's as to only highlight the scope issues still remain for mechanics as well as for all groups contained in these nego's.
So I would entail miles away still. What says you Buck???

According to the update weez posted the mechanics scope is nowhere near finished. The folks I speak with say the same. below are two parts of the latest update that confirm that the mechanics are not done.
Yes weez, I used your update post.

Quotations added by me to highlight the para's talking about mechanics work.
Deletion of other para's as to only highlight the scope issues still remain for mechanics as well as for all groups contained in these nego's.
So I would entail miles away still. What says you Buck???
Basically looks like alot of work, so in two years of mediation have they really only addressed compensation, and not really T/A ed the work rules?

4FE156AB-55AB-4357-810B-74DBF0222F80.jpeg

Through the grapevine the recent meeting with the company is they are willing to throw a bunch of money at the mechanics. In return they want to farm out all GSE and catering. Also as mechanics retire do not back fill the positions, so they can farm out more maintenance.

Through the grapevine the recent meeting with the company is they are willing to throw a bunch of money at the mechanics. In return they want to farm out all GSE and catering. Also as mechanics retire do not back fill the positions, so they can farm out more maintenance.
Mechanics don’t do catering.

Don’t believe rumors.

Is GSE part of the mechanics contract? As people retire it makes it harder for people to move up, without the backfill. Is that mostly in the shops and overhaul, and not line maintenance?

Basically looks like alot of work, so in two years of mediation have they really only addressed compensation, and not really T/A ed the work rules?
Not exactly. They (members) still have not seen any compensation in writing as of yet. They are being told it will be 3% above Delta or United which ever is higher. All this after they were promised 7% above, and then later Parker back pedaled and said 3%. I am being told that their NC is nego for the 7% or higher but we will see in the end. I hope they get it with the 7% as promised as it will only help us that much more now that the UPS contract is done.
They have done about the exact same as us after we hit the two year mark with our mediations. I would say they have a while to go, however, with that said, I am also afraid this EC now in charge of their nego may just start agreeing with some company stuff just to get it done and out for a vote to show that they did work fast to get something out as they said the EC was taking over for that reason, to "speed nego's up" we shall see.

Interesting. Of course they are willing to throw a bunch of money at ya. What will that end up costing the membership is the real question. I know you indicated "grapevine" but we all know good and well how they usually come out, mostly true. This also confirms the ask from the union went way up and even over the 7% above. just hope you guys don't have to give up the farm to get there. Good luck fellas.