Aircraft maint issues

Unfortunately I remember reading years ago an Airline Industry Analyst predicted that SWA would grow to the point that one day it would act no differently than the other Major players.

SWA is no longer a nimble nitch carrier. It’s a Legacy Airline. (I guess no more beer parties on the roof at Love Field either)
Beer parties are still a go weekly and every week. And now more often than before as new rooftop was installed on the hangars over at tech ops.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southwest-airlines-faces-an-operational-emergency/

After viewing this, I must admit I got a good laugh about the union's complaint about fatigue if mechanics are forced to work overtime.
But when it comes to mechanics working cs doubles and ot after a double on their own volition. I guess that's ok. fatigue doesn't matter then!
Can anyone say HYPOCRISY?

I haven’t worked a CS or signed up for OT in over a decade. And I completely despise when management comes around with that mandatory overtime slip.

Some people prefer money to the detriment of their sleep and health and others prefer their sleep and health more.

After viewing this, I must admit I got a good laugh about the union's complaint about fatigue if mechanics are forced to work overtime.
But when it comes to mechanics working cs doubles and ot after a double on their own volition. I guess that's ok. fatigue doesn't matter then!
We have guys that do tripples all the time for the double time, and to time out.

Can we all now see what happens when we turn down OT, of course we all hear the guys who can't live without OT say "I'll do more damage on the clock and take their money" then finish job real quick and go on break. Can anyone say HYPOCRISY?

What scares me the most is, how a guy in Oklahoma and Texas can't make it on $100k a year.

Can we all now see what happens when we turn down OT, of course we all hear the guys who can't live without OT say "I'll do more damage on the clock and take their money" then finish job real quick and go on break. Can anyone say HYPOCRISY?

What scares me the most is, how a guy in Oklahoma and Texas can't make it on $100k a year.
dude you really need to get over yourself.

That's my point. We can't have a union cry FATIGUE if its members are forced to work ot when we have mechanics voluntarily working more CS hours than ot
Yes some mechanics do work several hours, doubles and even triple o/t to get overtime $$$. And some don't work any o/t, no doubles, and never a triple, so the unions outreach of fatigue is simply that, about the mechanics that are not use to it to please speak up if it comes to it, that is all. Not all mechanics are use to working even 12 hours, so when or if it gets to mandatory o/t, remember that some are not use to it.

Yes some mechanics do work several hours, doubles and even triple o/t to get overtime $$$. And some don't work any o/t, no doubles, and never a triple, so the unions outreach of fatigue is simply that, about the mechanics that are not use to it to please speak up if it comes to it, that is all. Not all mechanics are use to working even 12 hours, so when or if it gets to mandatory o/t, remember that some are not use to it.
And alot of guys live for overtime and the trades, so let's be totally honest here. When you given a task card, and you follow that to the letter, stuff ends up broke in the morning. When you are happy stuff flies unless it is really broke. So if you unfortunately a mechanic in on of our emergency stations because pissed up people are more diligent during that time, you have to suffer for it.

Last edited:
And alot of guys live for overtime and the trades, so let's be totally honest here. When you given a task card, and you follow that to the letter, stuff ends up broke in the morning. When you are happy stuff flies unless it is really broke. So if you unfortunately a mechanic in on of our emergency stations because pissed up people are more diligent during that time, you have to suffer for it.
Say what???