Aircraft maint issues

What if one day you were one of those “foul ups”

How much should they spend on you?

BTW do you work with birds?

Can’t believe you don’t know the difference between a mech who makes a mistake and one of those guys that gets fired several times throughout their career

Remember when we signed those contracts in 2003 and 2012 to save jobs. How did that work out for us?

How many guys did we have working in MCI TULE and AFW in 2003 and how many do we have working in these stations now?

Nice word play though, protecting our seniority. Wow losing money everyday for something that cannot be garenteed.

Remember when we signed those contracts in 2003 and 2012 to save jobs. How did that work out for us?

How many guys did we have working in MCI TULE and AFW in 2003 and how many do we have working in these stations now?

Nice word play though, protecting our seniority. Wow losing money everyday for something that cannot be garenteed.
Big jets , I come to conclusion in my career at SWA, I have two things my seniority, and what I get paid, that's it.

Reactions: bigjets
Big jets , I come to conclusion in my career at SWA, I have two things my seniority, and what I get paid, that's it.

What I have concluded is, I work 40 hours, AA pays me for 40 hours. Every month the TWU takes 2 hours of pay and my seniority doesn’t mean a whole lot during a station closing, because the rules change every time.

What I have concluded is, I work 40 hours, AA pays me for 40 hours. Every month the TWU takes 2 hours of pay and my seniority doesn’t mean a whole lot during a station closing, because the rules change every time.
He really doesn't have a clue brother. he is only concerned with his future alone. He could care less about anybody else. His postings have revealed that a many times over. Just saying man.

Glad to see that FAA action, basically saying enough of this crap.

Pointless of the FAA to write that letter. As if a fed is going to pressure an AMT to work faster or take short cuts. From what I understand management brought this extra scrutiny on themselves. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

He really doesn't have a clue brother. he is only concerned with his future alone. He could care less about anybody else. His postings have revealed that a many times over. Just saying man.
Do you just stalk people that don't think like you?

Glad to see that FAA action, basically saying enough of this crap.
Yes sir. And now, some media is throwing SWA and AA into the same boat, just because both of us are in negotiations. I will add link at bottom.

Pointless of the FAA to write that letter. As if a fed is going to pressure an AMT to work faster or take short cuts. From what I understand management brought this extra scrutiny on themselves. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Pretty sure he was referring to the letter the FAA sent to SWA and AMFA. At least that how I took it. I did not get what you posted from the FAA letter. My take is they are very concern with the safety management system going aray if this is not settle pronto. A warning shot, if you will. They are basically saying, get this done or we will start to get more involved. More internal investigations, more oversight than they are already doing which has been increased 10 fold at SWA.

Guaranteed.

I see it as aimed 95% at the company, its not good PR for trying to sell plane tickets.

Edit::: And whats the company going to do say the FAA is wrong? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
So when is the next round of nego's for you guys?
Haven't seen much lately.
We will meet next week 12-14. Hoping for some conclusion this next week. Hopeful, but not guaranteed. We will all see. Good luck to you all, as well as us, we all need it at this point and time.

So when is the next round of nego's for you guys?
Haven't seen much lately.
We will meet next week 12-14. Hoping for some conclusion this next week. Hopeful, but not guaranteed. We will all see. Good luck to you all, as well as us, we all need it at this point and time.

Week of March 18 in DFW.
Week of April 22 in FLL.