Aircraft maint issues

What I have concluded is, I work 40 hours, AA pays me for 40 hours. Every month the TWU takes 2 hours of pay and my seniority doesn’t mean a whole lot during a station closing, because the rules change every time.
They take 1.25% of your pay in UNION dues.

I am not sure what a topped out mechanic makes. Let's assume you make $93,000.00. That comes out to be $1,162.50

So you just have to ask yourself if you think you get $1,162.50 worth of service from your UNION and how much you think you would make if you had no UNION.

If you ask me $93,000 dollars (plus the companies share of the cost of benefits) is a pretty good return on a $1,162.50 annual investment.

Yes, Pay 1162 and make 30,000 more in return. Too bad its necessary but it is.
Some Unions are better than others. In reality AMFA isn't that terrible, sometimes when they overplayed their hand it didn't end well. I just like the Teamsters better.I will just be glad whenever we get a ratified contract. I like money just like the next guy, I just never worried about if I was the highest paid or not, as long as we got regular raises.

Some Unions are better than others. In reality AMFA isn't that terrible, sometimes when they overplayed their hand it didn't end well. I just like the Teamsters better.I will just be glad whenever we get a ratified contract. I like money just like the next guy, I just never worried about if I was the highest paid or not, as long as we got regular raises.

You are one mixed up dude .

Last edited:
Maybe if they held the negotiations in (let's say) Fargo, N.D., with the negotiations beginning on January 2nd, and you couldn't leave until an agreement was reached, there would be some incentive to get to a point of agreement.:rolleyes: Not judgin'. Just sayin'.
I agree Jim. I clicked funny because you made me laugh first.
I just hope we can get an agreement this week. Rumors are positive, but just that, rumors. Maybe if we get ours done the AA mechanics can get theirs done too. Hopefully it will also help them get to the +7% rather than the +3%. I know SWA not used in the co's comparo, but pretty sure it will help them out if we had our agreement done too.

I agree Jim. I clicked funny because you made me laugh first.
I just hope we can get an agreement this week. Rumors are positive, but just that, rumors. Maybe if we get ours done the AA mechanics can get theirs done too. Hopefully it will also help them get to the +7% rather than the +3%. I know SWA not used in the co's comparo, but pretty sure it will help them out if we had our agreement done too.
Thanks. I picked Fargo because my godchild lives there now. She gained her doctorate in psychotherapy last August. When she told me she was moving there, I said "Maybe you're the one who NEEDS psychotherapy." She responded with "You should see the amount of money they are paying me to come to Fargo." Couldn't argue with that. However, during the exceedingly bad weather there earlier in the season, there was a headline on the front page of the Dallas Morning News...FARGO, N.D. WIND CHILL -61 DEGREES. Can you imagine trying to do maintenance in that kind of conditions?

Any idea where in DFW the negotiations are being held next week?

Thanks. I picked Fargo because my godchild lives there now. She gained her doctorate in psychotherapy last August. When she told me she was moving there, I said "Maybe you're the one who NEEDS psychotherapy." She responded with "You should see the amount of money they are paying me to come to Fargo." Couldn't argue with that. However, during the exceedingly bad weather there earlier in the season, there was a headline on the front page of the Dallas Morning News...FARGO, N.D. WIND CHILL -61 DEGREES. Can you imagine trying to do maintenance in that kind of conditions?

There have been a couple days where it’s literally been too cold to deice.

Reactions: B737 driver
It comes to the point especially in social media, you just quit complaining, because as one person you can argue till you are blue in the face. It will not change people's minds. Until they as a whole want change, and let's leave it as that.

I drew that conclusion from all your past AMFA hate but now, all of a sudden, "In reality AMFA isn't that terrible", you say. Could it be you are turning into an AMFA supporter?

Last edited:

Latest posts