Aircraft maint issues

I drew that conclusion from all your past AMFA hate but now, all of a sudden, "In reality AMFA isn't that terrible", you say. Could it be you are turning into an AMFA supporter?
Foot I am not crazy about them, but it remains our only avenue to achieve a contract. So I hope they know what they are doing. Plus tired of stressing about it. It's not productive.

Just saw a TWU video about AMFA. From 2005 I’m thinking. It’s funny how everything they said AMFA gave up TWU eventually gave up. Just 10 years later.

Video titled AMFA failures​

Those AMFA guys at NWA, had an overinflated view of their worth to NWA.

Foot I am not crazy about them, but it remains our only avenue to achieve a contract. So I hope they know what they are doing. Plus tired of stressing about it. It's not productive.

It’s hard to fight a culture of a company or management team.

SWA culture lots of work from a min of employees.

AA we do everything

USair we do mostly line and outsource 50% OH.

America West seems like outsourceing good chunk of OH and flexibility to outsource some overnight work when they deem necessary.

It’s hard to fight a culture of a company or management team.

SWA culture lots of work from a min of employees.

AA we do everything

USair we do mostly line and outsource 50% OH.

America West seems like outsourceing good chunk of OH and flexibility to outsource some overnight work when they deem necessary.
Big jets 100% agree with you. I think everyone learned from the Northwest mistakes. We all like to think as mechanics that the company can't get along without us. Somehow our Airlines always come out on top. So your union argues as much as they can-and they make the best deal they can, because no one wants disaster.

B2D2B1C9-0901-46B5-8B4B-07068298EE06.jpeg

C096957E-8805-4483-B1EC-C7B8E8703447.jpeg

Thanks. I picked Fargo because my godchild lives there now. She gained her doctorate in psychotherapy last August. When she told me she was moving there, I said "Maybe you're the one who NEEDS psychotherapy." She responded with "You should see the amount of money they are paying me to come to Fargo." Couldn't argue with that. However, during the exceedingly bad weather there earlier in the season, there was a headline on the front page of the Dallas Morning News...FARGO, N.D. WIND CHILL -61 DEGREES. Can you imagine trying to do maintenance in that kind of conditions?
No. I cannot imagine that. I live in Tx for that reason. Said no to NW years ago as well as CA. No way in hell I would live in the there cold states.

The stress will get to overload if no agreement after the next 3 days of nego's does not produce a T/A period...

The stress will get to overload if no agreement after the next 3 days of nego's does not produce a T/A period...
I would say SWA doesn't want anymore bad press, with the flight cancellations, Now two Max 8 crashes. Sometimes stuff converges to make both sides make a deal. SWA will probably pay more than they wanted to, and will have some language changes, but it will be good enough to pass and move on. In the end SWA may make some upper management changes, that produced the bad blood. Just like AMFA members will get rid of our problem children.

The company spent millions on the new headquarters and now spending more money on a new class room for 787 training in Philadelphia. I feel it is a slap in the face when the company won’t keep the IAM contract medical insurances which was a bankruptcy insurance.

Just saw a TWU video about AMFA. From 2005 I’m thinking. It’s funny how everything they said AMFA gave up TWU eventually gave up. Just 10 years later.

Video titled AMFA failures​

Those AMFA guys at NWA, had an overinflated view of their worth to NWA.

I don’t think they had an overinflated view of themselves, so much as they underestimated the company’s contempt for them? Maybe we’re saying the same thing here...

No. I cannot imagine that. I live in Tx for that reason. Said no to NW years ago as well as CA. No way in hell I would live in the there cold states.

You never get used to it. Ever. Lol.

There have been a couple days where it’s literally been too cold to deice.
I believe it. The article that carried that awful "-61 Wind Chill" headline mentioned that anyone going outside must wear goggles because at those temps and wind chills the corneas of the eye can freeze in a matter of minutes!!!!!

Last edited:
I believe it. The article that carried that awful "-61 Wind Chill" headline mentioned that anyone going outside must wear goggles because at those temps and wind chills the corneas of the eye can freeze in a matter of minutes!!!!!
Ouch!!