Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

Ut oh, looks like we have another Bob Owens, there aren’t enough mechanics to replace us, there aren’t enough places to do our OH, they can’t possibly replace us WE ARE TO IMPORTANT!
    I look forward to your financial reports on what AA can afford. Nothing better then having a beer in your basement playing airline CFO.

Say we do go on strike, do you think everybody at DFW would walk? I don’t. Do you think the mechs working at AAR would like to make $50 and hour. The guys from eagle not to mention all the guys at A&P schools, Spirit. Etc

This is why we need to remember the past. One thing I see a lot of especially from the senior guys who haven’t looked for or have been out of work. They don’t look at what jobs are out there and what they are offering. Even under this cruddy contract, it’s still better then most. Same with our health ins. it’s not the best but not the worst either.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Well both AMFA and SWA signed off AIP, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

5. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

Were AMERICAN airlines by name only ran by a/w managment that’s flown the airline into ground you mean the sham bk

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

There written for an A&P . There written for ones that knows how the systems. Work I have no problems understanding them nor work cards that are sometime airworthiness directives. That we take legal responsibility for till the works is supper seeded

7. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

So would you say Cone the TWA purchase was the boat anchor, or other stuff. Do you think Parker can run it, or it will turn into an Texas Air Corporation , and one side of the Airline, eventually survives?

8. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

And Ap

Attached Files:

9. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

I have no confidence in Parker. I see bk in future unles board of directors get tough and get us a leader who can run this airline. And not put the worst seats and smallest bathroom in the max. Now they are remodeling the -800 with a contract agent who never herd of bolts. And use tyraps instead. When we did 757/767 overhaul they were clean.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. swamt

swamt Veteran

Conehead, we have received notice of an AIP. They will re-engage on Mon. to work on it becoming a T/A. Not all info has been released as of yet, but as already posted there are some highlights. Still waiting on IO language and LOA 1. Here are the highlights for all interested. No road shows will be done as we will just skim over the differences between the two offers.
    Still hoping you guys get an agreement soon as well, good luck...

Joint Memo: AMFA and SWA Agreement in Principle
    March 16, 2019 -- After a week of mediation, including many long nights and early mornings, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) and Southwest Airlines have reached an Agreement in Principle (AIP) on Saturday, March 16, 2019, toward a new collective bargaining agreement. We are very pleased with the efforts of both Teams to find common ground on a new contract that is good for our Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and for Southwest Airlines.

Download: [​IMG] 20190316_AMFA_SWA_Joint_Memo_re_AIP.pdf
    Read More

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

That's sad, unfortunately when you have MBAs that are only money men, and not really CEO material you get the slow death spin, until the board of directors wize up, and kick him or her to the curb.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Our local AMFA 4 business meeting is March 21 st..So good news. I hope the American guys get something soon, especially if we ratify.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Happy for you guys driver. Unfortunately there is ZERO evidence or reason for us to expect anything resembling a ratifiable TA in the foreseeable future. "We will get them next time".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Vortilon

Vortilon Veteran

Too important? Those are your words, not mine.

Not sure where you are coming from. I don't remember advocating for a strike that there would ever be a need to replace those who picketed.
    In fact, if you have been reading any of my posts - it would become more clear to you that I prefer in-house overhaul, but the consensus in the breakroom is we are done accepting less pay and benefits for future headcount.

So, your hypothetical strike scenario is a non starter anyway.
    AAR? Anybody working there, is there for a reason. There will always be a few exceptions but; for the most part, this AAR talent is lacking an A&P license, can't pass a drug screen, can't pass a background check, or not enough experience for minimum requirement at a major.
    Eagle? God bless them, if they wanted to, they would have already been here.
    Spirit? Got a few of them already, only about 50 left.
    School recruits? Lol,

Oh, and I do know what's out there. I get emails listing job openings for AMTs all over. They can not find people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

How does one that knows how systems work install an entry door component backwards?

Why is it engineering had to be called when you had several licensed A&P's at the time present on the aircraft?

The flaw with your claim of understanding systems is over time technology will no doubt introduce you to systems that you don't know how they work.

Think of how much engine technology has changed over the years.

I am glad you have no issues but you are probably a senior mechanic that has been working on the same air frame for the last 20 years. If you had to work on say..... a 787 you might have some issues. Then again you might not.