Aircraft maint issues

SWA get 61.88 top out in 5 years! The association better get us at least that!
I have not been with our economist as of yet, but are you sure of the 61.88 top out after 5 years? That would be great. Hope you are correct...

SWAMT if you don't mind could tell us what the swa mechanics base pay and premiums are. If you would rather PM me that would work to.

SWAMT if you don't mind could tell us what the swa mechanics base pay and premiums are. If you would rather PM me that would work to.
NP.
Current Base is 38.59, Lic. prem. is 4.00 for (2) lic., long. is 1.30 for over 12 years (.10 cents per year before that), and shift diffs are .51 & .58 for eves and graves. No line premiums.
Leads and Inspectors are 6% above topped out mechanic, and a Lead Inspector is 6% above a topped out Lead or Inspector.
767, I have not ran any numbers yet and have not yet met with our economist to go over any of the numbers as they are still trying to get it to a T/A. Waiting for T/A to start doing any figures. I also have no clue if Matt is correct or not on the 61.88 after 5 years top out. He sounds close and as I was thinking we will be somewhere around 60-ish at the end. I will pass on more info and more exact numbers and figures when we get them, I know you want them for you nego's.
BTW; Our contract is fully accessible online at amfanational.org or amfa11.com. Articles 14-16 for pay premiums. Hope this helps. You have any other questions feel free to ask, I don't mind sharing about contracts as it helps us all out. Take care...

Oh, and I do know what's out there. I get emails listing job openings for AMTs all over. They can not find people.
I get 2-3 phone calls/month and several emails from 3rd party vendors and man power companies.

If the company wants they'll figure a way. Either foreign or domestic outfits where regulation is lax. And, what's more, one way or the other the FAA will bless it...

Congrats to the SW guys, hopefully it's an agreement you can vote for.. I saw the highlights of pros but I wonder what the cons are...

I am not sure.

It was years ago.

Why do you ask?

Because after the A scalers sold us out with the SRP program they slowly emptied out the back shops of AMTs and replaced them with anyone who could pass a basic math test. The door shop being one of them. Some shops went back to AMT after management realized they screwed up.

2C2761C9-E250-4A6F-8820-490915AC5D6A.jpeg

What do you guys think of this Forbes contribution written by Dan Reed about the AMFA Agreement?

This guy is clearly showing absolute hatred and vitriol towards AMFA.

“Well, Southwest fought AMFA for six years, apparently thinking it eventually could wear down the mechanics’ will to fight. Instead, AMFA’s leaders, and some of its members became so frustrated that rather than settling just to be done with it all they played the safety card. And it hurt Southwest enormously“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...sive-deal-with-its-mechanics-to-end-feud/amp/

Because after the A scalers sold us out with the SRP program they slowly emptied out the back shops of AMTs and replaced them with anyone who could pass a basic math test. The door shop being one of them. Some shops went back to AMT after management realized they screwed up.
These were not SRP's.

These were A&P mechanics that worked on the dock.

And what does that break down to average each mechanic? Here it breaks down to an average, if split equally, to 60K-65K per mechanic. But, let's not forget 2 things, 1- It's NOT a bonus.
And 2- It's in reality our retro for the past 6 plus years. If I am not mistaken you guys are only right 3 -4 years into it right?

What do you guys think of this Forbes contribution written by Dan Reed about the AMFA Agreement?

This guy is clearly showing absolute hatred and vitriol towards AMFA.

“Well, Southwest fought AMFA for six years, apparently thinking it eventually could wear down the mechanics’ will to fight. Instead, AMFA’s leaders, and some of its members became so frustrated that rather than settling just to be done with it all they played the safety card. And it hurt Southwest enormously“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...sive-deal-with-its-mechanics-to-end-feud/amp/

Funny you ask, because he has no clue what he is talking about. His long and drawn out article if filled with false information and GUESSES all on his part. It actually shows how much of an idiot he is to the subject matter at hand.
He's just one of those reporters that thinks A/C mechanics are way overpaid. And he is trying to make something that both sides will more than likely be celebrating into some kind of negative for the co. and investors. Fact is, the Pilots contracts cost way more than ours do typically and now they too are going into nego's next year with our F/A's already nego.

And what does that break down to average each mechanic? Here it breaks down to an average, if split equally, to 60K-65K per mechanic. But, let's not forget 2 things, 1- It's NOT a bonus.
And 2- It's in reality our retro for the past 6 plus years. If I am not mistaken you guys are only right 3 -4 years into it right?

Funny you ask, because he has no clue what he is talking about. His long and drawn out article if filled with false information and GUESSES all on his part. It actually shows how much of an idiot he is to the subject matter at hand.
He's just one of those reporters that thinks A/C mechanics are way overpaid. And he is trying to make something that both sides will more than likely be celebrating into some kind of negative for the co. and investors. Fact is, the Pilots contracts cost way more than ours do typically and now they too are going into nego's next year with our F/A's already nego.
Swampy I just remember they made Jim S the fall guy for the 2 million spent trying to make Trax work for us in maintenance, plus other reasons. Do you really think they brought in the Alaska guy just to make peace. With a big price like than Landon and McGrady best get their resumes updated, they will need them.

Only if you are willing to match scope and mechanic/per aircraft.
Let me know how that works with the TWU/IAM abortion.

So you want to agree to those numbers then don’t you?

And I bet you would just LOVE to vote Title 2 into oblivion if you could get more money into your pocket.

Swampy I just remember they made Jim S the fall guy for the 2 million spent trying to make Trax work for us in maintenance, plus other reasons. Do you really think they brought in the Alaska guy just to make peace. With a big price like than Landon and McGrady best get their resumes updated, they will need them.
No sir. Sokol was not the fall guy of the Trax fiasco. Sokol saw the writing on the wall, trust me I talked to him as others have before he left, in person. The Trax fiasco is on another man that is still here, and why? We all are wondering. But that was some time ago. Sokol was not removed, he removed himself...