Aircraft maint issues

So you’ll be ok with less holidays, less sick time, higher cost lower coverage health insurance and no double time?
And you IAM guys if you line guys could outvote the overhaul and back shops for UPS wages, you would do it in a heartbeat , and wouldn't give a **** about who lost in overhaul, as long as you had seniority on them.

Don’t put words into my posts. The Association wasn’t happy and didn’t bless it, unfortunately your CBA allows it.
I didn't put words in your posts. And yes you are right about our CBA. But the TWU is crying foul that is OUTSOURCING! Then so is LHR and CDG and every other country that has AA employees.
\

I didn't put words in your posts. And yes you are right about our CBA. But the TWU is crying foul that is OUTSOURCING! Then so is LHR and CDG and every other country that has AA employees.
\

If basic Line Maintenance needs to be done to get an Aircraft up and flying from LHR or CDG back to the USA then that’s not outsourcing.

And again since we talked about this before, who cares if we have International American Airlines Employees. I care about Donestic International American Airlines Employees.

Let other Countries worry about their own citizens.

AA has had their own line maintenance mechanics in LHR, CDG and other European cities for decades. They are AA employees, not vendors. And a Twin Engine airplane flying back from Europe is required to have a line ETOPS check done before it is airworthy to fly.

So do the LAA mechanics want to end ETOPS European flying, use a Vendor or use AA European Mechanics?

Don’t care who they hire or what hat they want other people to wear in Foreign Nations. They are not in the IAM or TWU here in the USA and they do nothing as far as my pay, benefits or Seniority.

Let me know when we gain true open borders and I can put in a transfer abroad in my Job and keep my Contract language and representation and then we’ll talk.

It does effect you.

Ok let AA end all ETOPS flights so that eliminates all widebodies, so AA doesn’t need line mechanics to do the required line maintenance work, can close some heavy maintenance bases, lay-off lots of overhaul employees, and get rid of lots of ramp workers at all US cities since they can eliminate all ETOPS flying and of course that would reduce profits also, so let AA file bankruptcy to cut you’re wages, benefits and jobs. And since their would be no International flying, I can reduce domestic flights and narrowbodies as AA doesn’t need the feed anymore, so I can lay-off more ramp and mechanics. AA won’t be buying any four engine airplanes to replace ETOPS operations. So yes those foreign based AA employees do effect the bottom line.

You don’t see the big picture.

Let their own Unions in their own Countries Negotiate for them. I don’t live in Bora Bora or Athens.

And who said anything about wanting to end any International flying anyway?

Huh?

If basic Line Maintenance needs to be done to get an Aircraft up and flying from LHR or CDG back to the USA then that’s not outsourcing.

And again since we talked about this before, who cares if we have International American Airlines Employees. I care about Donestic International American Airlines Employees.

Let other Countries worry about their own citizens.
WeAAs. SC, PS, AC2 and B CHECKS are LINE CHECKS . What's the difference where they're done? Doesn't matter if it's Europe, Asia, Central, South America, Caribbean or wherever...The main concern about Brazil is doing heavy checks. But then again we are already outsourcing a lot of heavy checks.
Maybe the TWU wouldn't object if they unionized them.

WeAAs. SC, PS, AC2 and B CHECKS are LINE CHECKS . What's the difference where they're done? Doesn't matter if it's Europe, Asia, Central, South America, Caribbean or wherever...The main concern about Brazil is doing heavy checks. But then again we are already outsourcing a lot of heavy checks.
Maybe the TWU wouldn't object if they unionized them.

If they have Unions that they pay to represent them I’d like to hope that’s what they’re doing, wouldn’t you also feel that way.

Again I’m feeling a little Deja Vu on this subject and the last time my point was misconstrued so I’m not sure I’m interested in delving into it yet again.

I’m personally just more interested in what happens where dear old Uncle Sam lives myself is all.

After reading the Association update, its time to ask to be released from negotiations so we can seek self help, since both sides are firmly entrenched into their positions. AA wants to outsource more like the other airlines and the association is saying that AA is going to lay-off thousands and we will have bad days off and shifts. According to the association neither side is moving.

After reading the Association update, its time to ask to be released from negotiations so we can seek self help, since both sides are firmly entrenched into their positions. AA wants to outsource more like the other airlines and the association is saying that AA is going to lay-off thousands and we will have bad days off and shifts. According to the association neither side is moving.
Self help is a loooong way off.

Never going to happen. The Association and/or the TWU could have agreed to arbitration in 2012 like the APA and APFA did. And the IAM and the TWU have NEVER agreed to Arbitration in Section 6 Negotiations in the Airlines.
The IAM and twu used arbitration to decide crew chief seniority. So now these two unions are going to try and come up with an agreement with AA.