Aircraft maint issues

And to save jobs.

I have noticed a pattern here. When guys are more junior on the Seniority list they’re more willing to give up pay than be laid off. That’s understandable since who knows how long they could potentially be out if they voted themselves out. Sure they would come back to a higher paid gig but how much could they lose in the interim?

Senior guys are more willing to throw the junior guys under the bus to keep their pay and benefits or even to get more. I guess it’s just a matter of when you’ve gotten high enough up that ladder you can pretty much tell when you’re in the clear that it’s not you who’s on the chopping block list any longer.

When you were the Junior guy would you have been willing to go out for maybe a few years to come back to a higher paying job later? How many years would you have been ok with being out?

I have noticed a pattern here. When guys are more junior on the Seniority list they’re more willing to give up pay than be laid off. That’s understandable since who knows how long they could potentially be out if they voted themselves out. Sure they would come back to a higher paid gig but how much could they lose in the interim?

Senior guys are more willing to throw the junior guys under the bus to keep their pay and benefits or even to get more. I guess it’s just a matter of when you’ve gotten high enough up that ladder you can pretty much tell when you’re in the clear that it’s not you who’s on the chopping block list any longer.

When you were the Junior guy would you have been willing to go out for maybe a few years to come back to a higher paying job later? How many years would you have been ok with being out?
You’re forgetting the unions were more than happy to follow that path. In the end, ALL members benefitted senior and junior alike. But this notion you have of trying to save every unborn puppy in the pound so your tombstone can say at least you died trying is useless.
This is going to go on for years and at the end we will wind up with what is on the table or worse. Im not saying accept it, but that’s the probability.

Last edited:
I’m calling for a boycott of association AMT celebration, until we get to vote on representation!!!!!!!

:)

I think the union can go take a flying leap! The AMT day is in recognition my trade. I feel the company at least recognizing my professionalism! Eat the food and take the free tools.

Swampy I see Weasel mentioned Eastern Airlines, those guys the mechanics never got to officially strike Eastern management went to a judge claimed they were going to sabotage the airplanes, and they were locked out.Case closed on the IAM.
He's trying hard to make them look good. Your right it wasn't the IAM's decision to strike, it was the co.'s injunction thru the legal system that finally got them locked out.

I do remember. I also remember people started to come back in droves after about 2 years. Meanwhile, our rocket scientist negotiators had us locked into a 5 year POS contract with no snap backs of any sort. Completely gutting decades of work for pay and benefits. To no surprise, here we are still working under the same work rules and benefits 16 f'n years later. What logical person could even consider this as reasonable?

And to save jobs.

I’m calling for a boycott of association AMT celebration, until we get to vote on representation!!!!!!!

:)

I think the union can go take a flying leap! The AMT day is in recognition my trade. I feel the company at least recognizing my professionalism! Eat the food and take the free tools.

And they also took my nice shiny new snap-on ratchet! And before that my ratcheting screwdriver!
So, have any of you heard of any hints on when this asso is going to send a rebuttal over to the co's side? Over 2 weeks and still not a peep from the asso.
Oh but believe me, they will indeed come and ask for all your support so they can go back to the table and demand what they want to demand.
I really don't see the mechanics passing this current offer due to scope, health and 401K-retirement. Why in the world is this asso. being so quiet? How do they expect to get support when they call for it. Pathetic...

Reactions: B737 driver
Whats the point of saving future jobs that very well may not exist in another decade anyway? Everything below the wing on the ramp (Sans MX) could be automated right now with current tech.

So, have any of you heard of any hints on when this asso is going to send a rebuttal over to the co's side? Over 2 weeks and still not a peep from the asso.
Oh but believe me, they will indeed come and ask for all your support so they can go back to the table and demand what they want to demand.
I really don't see the mechanics passing this current offer due to scope, health and 401K-retirement. Why in the world is this asso. being so quiet? How do they expect to get support when they call for it. Pathetic...
Probably because they have nothing to bring. Eventually the mediator will force them to bring something to a T/A just like us Swampy. The guys better pay attention or they might get a crappy deal voted in. Best to vote it down if it sucks, and send them back to the table.

Swampy I see Weasel mentioned Eastern Airlines, those guys the mechanics never got to officially strike Eastern management went to a judge claimed they were going to sabotage the airplanes, and they were locked out.Case closed on the IAM.

The AMTs bragged about sabotaging the airlines performance in a doc on YouTube called the battle for eastern airlines

Just think they turned down a contract that was better then AA/TWU contract.

Ask yourself why is the TWU and IAM are so scared to post what they are asking the company to give us. Ask yourself why the TWU didnt make BOTH sides equal when the company gave us the money. Why are we in a ASS. with another union on the same floor. Where one side has MORE than the other. Ask yourself why did they give a MORON like GP a position on the International. Ask yourself why they found it ok to form the ASS without a vote.
The answer is right on this site. It because we are stupid and keep putting these same idiots in office. If we cant get rid of the TWU. Why not start a drive to removed ALL of them from office. Every one of them. WAKE UP. ITS TIME.
Could not agree more. Just don't think it is even possible now, but I would support, yet again, another drive. Just not sure if the membership has really had enough yet.

Reactions: B737 driver
I don’t trust my union to do the right thing. US Airways was the only union to have retro give backs. I have 6 years left, I want our young technicians to get paid but most importantly have jobs. I personally feel that this association is not looking out for our best interest.

I don’t trust my union to do the right thing. US Airways was the only union to have retro give backs. I have 6 years left, I want our young technicians to get paid but most importantly have jobs. I personally feel that this association is not looking out for our best interest.
The problem is Matt is becomes part of money grab for dues money, and the rest is history.