Aircraft maint issues

https://www.wsj.com/articles/american-airlines-sues-mechanics-unions-11558379984

How funny. The lawsuit says it's a mechanics union. I wish it was a mechanics union or better yet a union all together.
Yes since the bus drivers in New York decides our international. And that’s a joke also with a line man president of the aviation division. We amt must be the laughing stock of the major us airlines without our own maintenance union. Even delta mechanics must be laughing to the bank better pay and benefits then we do and no union dues. Come on aa amts wake up sign the amp cards lets get a maintenance union that we control. Not some yahoo from new York and a united board member

The TWU does such a good job of representing the bus and rail division, many mechanics work there and treat AA as the part time job.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/american-airlines-sues-mechanics-unions-11558379984

How funny. The lawsuit says it's a mechanics union. I wish it was a mechanics union or better yet a union all together.

Yes since the bus drivers in New York decides our international. And that’s a joke also with a line man president of the aviation division. We amt must be the laughing stock of the major us airlines without our own maintenance union. Even delta mechanics must be laughing to the bank better pay and benefits then we do and no union dues. Come on aa amts wake up sign the amp cards lets get a maintenance union that we control. Not some yahoo from new York and a united board member

Play by Play how SWA did it guys.
Just keep working like we always do fellas. Be compliant, follow the books, and never take a shortcut to get an a/c to the gate for service. IT's not worth your licence guys. Stay strong, stay united, and by all means stay compliant...

Play by Play how SWA did it guys.
Just keep working like we always do fellas. Be compliant, follow the books, and never take a shortcut to get an a/c to the gate for service. IT's not worth your licence guys. Stay strong, stay united, and by all means stay compliant...
I really didn't think there was any job action. I believe it's a company tactic right after talks stopped. This is probably the next step AA took to protect themselves for any action coming down the road. So if a job action should arise since negotiations are not moving favorably the company just covered that angle. The association is not smart enough to counter the company.

Reactions: B737 driver
I really didn't think there was any job action. I believe it's a company tactic right after talks stopped. This is probably the next step AA took to protect themselves for any action coming down the road. So if a job action should arise since negotiations are not moving favorably the company just covered that angle. The association is not smart enough to counter the company.
Look guys, it's not a job action if you are working like we are suppose to. I could care less what the co. WANTS to call it. Legit write ups, per MPM SRM and MM and other documents is not a job action, it is mechanics doing their jobs and keeping the public safe. I agree with you 100%, I too do not think there is any job action. Don't worry about any kind of injunction or order from any Judge. That Judge will have NOTHING to say or do as far as stopping the mechanics from doing their "LEGAL" jobs period. FAA will stop all that crap with one phone call.
SWA did it to us and our mechanics just kept on writing up legit write ups and no one, I mean no one was punished, suspended, intimidated or fired for doing so and the cancellations continued even after the co filed because they were and still are legit write ups to this day.
The co. is trying to intimidate right now just before the busy summer travel season. If you guys had a real union, one of your officers should have by now been on the phone with the FAA about this intimidation and threats, it will stop in a heartbeat, I guarantee you this. Never be afraid to make that call, you will be covered and protected under the whistleblower laws. Good luck fellas, I hope you get your long awaited ILC soon.
Stay tuned our results will be out after about another hour on our new offer to us.

Then why did you ask? You really are a clown.

American Airlines Contract Negotiations: The Latest | FOX23

American Airlines Sues Mechanics Unions - The Wall Street ...

Same thing happened to us guys. Don't let it bother you, just keep doing your legal and ethical jobs. Don't let the co intimidate you guys...

OOPS!! I meant to post this in the mechanics thread where it matters most and they care...
Every news article and video I have saw throughout this morning at the end of all of them compare this issue with AA, with the SWA issue when they sued us over what they THOUGHT was a job action and it all backfired on them because they were all legit write ups...

Excellent post crowsfoot. And great timing I might add. I kinda forgot about that video. Seham at his best once again.
Wath it AA guys. Know your rights. Know that you will be well protected under the WB act. They can intimidate all they want, then the FAA will shove it right back in their face as they did here with our cases. Even won the suits filed during our WB issues against the co.

Reactions: Vortilon
SWA mechanics pass the new contract...
Almost 95% participation
94% YES
5% NO
1% didn't care to vote

AMFA – SWA AMT Tentative Agreement Ratification Referendum Results
May 21, 2019 -- The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:
Read More

Here's the official numbers:

AMFA – SWA AMT TENTATIVE AGREEMENT RATIFICATION REFERENDUM RESULTS

The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:

Eligible Voters
Votes Cast 2541
2379 (93.62% participation)
Accept 2251 (94.62%)
Reject
128 (5.38%)

Jay Johnson
National Secretary/Treasurer

Here's the official numbers:

AMFA – SWA AMT TENTATIVE AGREEMENT RATIFICATION REFERENDUM RESULTS

The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:

Eligible Voters
Votes Cast 2541
2379 (93.62% participation)
Accept 2251 (94.62%)
Reject
128 (5.38%)

Jay Johnson
National Secretary/Treasurer
Congratulations

Excellent post crowsfoot. And great timing I might add. I kinda forgot about that video. Seham at his best once again.
Wath it AA guys. Know your rights. Know that you will be well protected under the WB act. They can intimidate all they want, then the FAA will shove it right back in their face as they did here with our cases. Even won the suits filed during our WB issues against the co.
Hey foot last Local 4 meeting I was in for AMFA this past Friday, there was a Air21 filed against a manager out west. It does work. Use it to your advantage American Airlines mechanics.

Thank you CH. I do hope it helps you guys more to get to yours.
Judging from the numbers, the membership finally got what they deserved. Tooka long 6 plus years, but well worth it now as we saved all scope challenges. No added outsourcing to what we were doing and NO SCOPE changes. It was a win win for both sides.
Good luck to all the mechanics on getting an ILC, now you guys have another comparo to go by.

Hey foot last Local 4 meeting I was in for AMFA this past Friday, there was a Air21 filed against a manager out west. It does work. Use it to your advantage American Airlines mechanics.
You referring to the Las Vegas one? Or are you hearing of a new one again from that way??

Every news article and video I have saw throughout this morning at the end of all of them compare this issue with AA, with the SWA issue when they sued us over what they THOUGHT was a job action and it all backfired on them because they were all legit write ups...
Yes holes in class D cargo bin panels, and missing fire seals on pylons, and lightning strike findings are all grounding items, when they are part of your task card on your Ron maintenance, or grounding crew write ups.