Aircraft maint issues

Oh .. another thing.. early out not by seniority but by operational need. So you could have senior guys not eligable for early out because some manager doesnt man his station right.

On top of all this.. they not at the table, filed an injunction, negotiating with the membership on jetnet. And parker and the boys collecting millions while the company makes billions and the performance is in the tank..

Wow 86! I had no idea it was that bad. Some on these threads just seem to blow by all that stuff. You guys are in it for a long run, as we were. Can only hope something will give soon so you guys can move forward. Also hoping you guys can save as much scope as possible during this whole process. I wish you guys the best...

The 401k issue is big NO from me alone. The language and funding method is unacceptable.

I hope people remember that if an item does not have rock solid language in the contract, it is worthless. The way the 401k language is written, it is worthless.

Oh .. another thing.. early out not by seniority but by operational need. So you could have senior guys not eligable for early out because some manager doesnt man his station right.

The only good thing about the early out package is that if it is included as worded in the contract and it passes, that the company will screw all the yes voters that were promised handfuls of silver, out of the early out they thought they were going to get. I will absolutely vote NO for any contract that has any early out package.

On top of all this.. they not at the table, filed an injunction, negotiating with the membership on jetnet. And parker and the boys collecting millions while the company makes billions and the performance is in the tank..
So what they just want to vote, who cares about tge future. When cry about that later

But hey lets vote anyway...

Well, in my mind, I don't think we should vote on the language that the company put out since it is highly concessionary. Since I’ve taken the time to educate myself on the entire picture, not an imaginary one or one that I’m wishing for, I have reached this conclusion. I’m fairly certain that if this package was put out for the vote, we would vote it in and then one year down the road we would be screaming that our union screwed us. That’s just how we as mechanics roll collectively.

I think we should keep the pressure on in every area, for example I know for a fact that Sammys video getting in Isoms face isn’t just isolated to AA folks, many people far and wide have seen it and I even gotten positive feedback from folks I know not connected to airlines or organized labor.

You see Dallas morning news putting out articles about the sheer greed of the “masters of the universe”.

The company bit off more than they can chew with the new summer schedule with pressure on equipment and people, its already cracking just 2 weeks in.

It’s going to be a “long hot summer” for these people and we should keep up the pressure when and where we can.
It is our duty to keep the airplanes in a safe configuration for the passengers and crews.

And, we should support our negotiation committee. I’m no fan of the association, who’s leading it (although I am a Sammy fan) and how we got it, but it is what it is and it is what we have right now so we need to get in line and support the stupid thing so we don’t end up with another concessionary agreement.

Reactions: swamt
I hope people remember that if an item does not have rock solid language in the contract, it is worthless. The way the 401k language is written, it is worthless.

The only good thing about the early out package is that if it is included as worded in the contract and it passes, that the company will screw all the yes voters that were promised handfuls of silver, out of the early out they thought they were going to get. I will absolutely vote NO for any contract that has any early out package.

There should never be an early out package tied to a contract vote. Period. Those are two completely separate items. Matter fact an early out option shouldn't even be voted on, either you take it or you don't, that simple. Throwing it into a contract vote is just the company trying to drum up more YES votes. Who the hell wouldn't vote yes if you are going to retire as soon as the contract goes thru and you get your buy-out. A very disrespectful move by the company and the asso. allowing it to happen is just as much to blame. Just another matter where the company and the asso. are working together to try and drum up yes votes. No union should allow a buy-out offer be part of a contract vote, period...

Well, in my mind, I don't think we should vote on the language that the company put out since it is highly concessionary. Since I’ve taken the time to educate myself on the entire picture, not an imaginary one or one that I’m wishing for, I have reached this conclusion. I’m fairly certain that if this package was put out for the vote, we would vote it in and then one year down the road we would be screaming that our union screwed us. That’s just how we as mechanics roll collectively.

I think we should keep the pressure on in every area, for example I know for a fact that Sammys video getting in Isoms face isn’t just isolated to AA folks, many people far and wide have seen it and I even gotten positive feedback from folks I know not connected to airlines or organized labor.

You see Dallas morning news putting out articles about the sheer greed of the “masters of the universe”.

The company bit off more than they can chew with the new summer schedule with pressure on equipment and people, its already cracking just 2 weeks in.

It’s going to be a “long hot summer” for these people and we should keep up the pressure when and where we can.
It is our duty to keep the airplanes in a safe configuration for the passengers and crews.

And, we should support our negotiation committee. I’m no fan of the association, who’s leading it (although I am a Sammy fan) and how we got it, but it is what it is and it is what we have right now so we need to get in line and support the stupid thing so we don’t end up with another concessionary agreement.
I agree my posts were sarcastic, you have a few here online that will not take the time to get educated. Probably the same ones ready to vote yes on a half written incomplete contract. Im no fan of the association either, unless someone will **** a couple of thousand cards we are stuck with it. What i find ironic are the ones ready to vote but have not read the proposal, just listen to **** house lawyers. Guess you just cant fix stupid.