Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

Now just think how powerful the mechanics industry could get by doing things like this on a regular basis. I hope this is a new beginning for the future of all a/c mechanics. Glad to see all these different groups working towards one true goal on outsourcing.
    Thanks Rogallo for the link and info. I double posted but it really belongs here in the mechanics thread for the outsourcing of a/c maint.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Superheroes among us: Hail damage heroes

Weather is one thing that no one at the airline can control. And sometimes really bad weather can cause serious problems. When a hail storm not only caused a flight diversion to El Paso, Texas (ELP), but also seriously damaged an aircraft, the hail damage heroes appeared. A team of aviation maintenance technicians from PHX flew out to ELP to repair the plane. See their story in the Annual Leadership Conference space on Jetnet. This is the third in a series of team member stories we’re highlighting to showcase the superheroes among us.

3. YouCanFixStupid

So what is the Point. Hell why not make it one Great Big Association. That way they can all keep our union dues. LMFAO. The only reason they do stuff like this is to eat and drink and party on the union members money. wake up people.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

But didn’t the Company sue because people weren’t making Field trips? Besides the fact that guys just looking to cash in aren’t Superheroes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

Do you think it would have been better if we had both IAM and TWU leadership at LGA town hall, rather then one TWU president making a sound bite. Personally I think a show of unity is better then threats.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

Are you saying that Tulsa is taking away work from LUS OH?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. So now that the company tested the waters in TULE with cross utilization and got zero pushback. They are emboldened to do the same at DWH. LUS A321 539 headed to DWH from DFW with tail vibration issues. ANOTHER clear violation of the cross utilization agreement.

8. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Give it a real good looking over guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. swamt

swamt Veteran

And the same drum keeps beating on. I still have not seen any injunctions or rulings from the Judge, (just as in our case at SWA). There is no job action people. It's just an uptick in safety write ups (legit ones) as well as The Max groundings, weather delays (DFW was a big one with the recent to big storms folks).
    Just keep plugging along guys keep em safe and remember, if you feel intimidated or pressure not to write a safety item up, make that ever protected call out to the FAA. Our guys had to do it as it gotten so bad and out of control...

Labor Tensions Fade At Southwest Airlines But Rise AtAmerican Airlines

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. swamt

swamt Veteran

My God, you believe everything the co. writes or says. There was no job action, there are legit write-ups, mechanics still doing downlines and o/t it is just a chess move by the company just as our co did with us weezal. Get a clue, open your eyes. Also take notice weezal boy, there still to this day is NO ruling or injunction telling the mechanics to stop it. Wonder why that is weezal boy???

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Why do you even reply to him. He's not aircraft maintenance. He knows nothing about our responsibilities other than what he was told because he does not engage in our work. Kind of like a Monday morning quarterback. I don't tell him how to do his job because it's not my job. I respect that boundary but obviously it's not reciprocating. Discussions are more productive when alike professionals engage in the same issues that we have experienced. I like to keep it that way on the specific Aircraft maintenance topics.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

In other words if they continue to talk to me they may over time see how bad a salesman you are and that you have nothing left in your bag that anyone wants to buy?

Trying to silence the messenger doesn’t silence the message.

AMFA
    IAM
    IBT
    TWU

Working Together. Oops, how the hell did you miss that one?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Apparently I hear some people are too stupid to understand that this comment was said very facetiously.

Amazing how those same people like to claim they’re educated.

What a shame. (AMFA, IAM, IBT, TWU, Working Together)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Hey where is the mighty association? Samuelson taking a nap or something? The company is violating the cross utilization agreement at both TULE and DWH. Nothing but crickets from the paper tiger "Association".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

I’m willing to bet that AA offered OT to the TUL mechs to get that plane back in service, and I bet they took all they could get.

Which is great, nobody is better for this work then TULSA, AA should not look past or even have a second thought of taking any AA plane there for heavy work. We need to get past us and them for AAs planes.