Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

I will at the least say, that this is the first time I have heard a "current" leader say he has no clue why the previous leadership took that avenue. This statement alone speaks volumes from the TWU side, does it not? To me, the way he said it, he does not agree with the fiasco asso. being merged together between the two unions.
    I kinda starting to like this guy a little bit, but very cautiously.
    You guys hearing any tid bits on how much longer this "ice" will last? Any hints from company or union on movement?? Maybe after this summer huh???

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

All we hear from the union is, AA is going to only have night shift only days off will monday and Wednesday, and AA will fire us all if it weren’t for the TWU. Our local managers are in the dark trying to do their best with an unmotivated work force.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. we're screwed

we're screwed Member

You realize the ASS will drop the ball and then trip over it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Lol, well they need to produce something so you guys can say no, then maybe get a better deal. Unless they are afraid you will vote it in.

6. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

These people are to stupid, they will vote for anything they are offered. Pathetic.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TopCat870

TopCat870 Senior

In fairnes, if the Association agreed to the level of outsourcing at SWA I dont think it would be an issue getting the SWA contract.
    While some will say I dont care about outsourcing, just give me more money. I have to ask, where does it stop? We can keep going in that direction and have 10 AMTs on the seniority list all making great money. If you dont already know the term sellout, that's what it means. Sell everyone else out to get something for yourself. SWA is one of the original sellouts in the industry.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. swamt

swamt Veteran

No sir, SWA is one of the gems in the industry. Can you pls tell us who YOU think the SWA mechanics sold out to get the contract we just voted in? With great detail. Be prepared.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Thats the problem we have, people that will not even bother to read the contract and or the proposal but still want to vote. Its unbeleivable they will ***** but will not come up with any solutions on how to get the contract we deserve. Yet they will vote for anything put in front of them. They ***** because it tooking so long, they ***** when the guy does something. But they will not get involved and their biggest excuse is we hate the twu. Im no fan of the twu and the association but what is the alternative right now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Another union! Any union! How about the Credit Union! Any other union as long as I get to vote on it.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Ive been signing amfa cards and amp cards for 25 years. Please **** 6000 cards to force an election until then this is what we have. Or sit and *****.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Hate to tell you this on top of the problem of getting enough cards, the majority of amfa does not want us. The membership of southwest and alaska are concerned that we are to big of a membership and will take control of it. To be honest i wouldnt want us either as fractured as we are, we couldn't get on the same page if we wanted too. Do you really think if the name on the door changed, that there woukd be more involvement in the union? Or attendance at the meetings woukd improve? Would you actually go to a union meeting? What excuse would you use then?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Sorry, I can’t support an ASSociation I had no voice in. Nor can I support the union who sanctioned it. I went to my share of union meetings only to hear too many “THEY CAN DO THAT, BROTHERS.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Sadly the TWU has mastered the Divide and Conquer strategy whether it was line vs oh or mechanic vs fleet. There will always be TWU lovers just as there will always be TWU haters.
    Do you remember the AMFA vote where dead, retired And former mechanic - management were counted? How about the teamsters in cahoots to save the TWU and nix AMFA?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. swamt

swamt Veteran

I know and I hear ya loud and clear. Your right, most will not read the entire contract, they will simply scan the "highlights" pointed out to them by the company and the union. Hell, we had guys voting without even receiving their numbers of the retro amounts.
    I'm mainly waiting for him to stick his foot in his mouth about what we sold the industry out for. We didn't do anything but improve the wages for the future. All the outsourcing here at SWA has been this way since 40 plus years ago when the IAM and teamsters were at the controls here.
    I understand where he is coming from, but trust me, the majority (about 80-85%) like the way we have it. Yes we run lean and mean, but as long as we all keep our jobs and SWA keeps growing and hiring, no reason to rock that boat at all...

• Winner Winner x 1