Aircraft maint issues

It is somewhat the same and some of the reasons are the new guys will have even less opportunity for shift and days off due to reduced scope. Their medical will be more. They wont get profit sharing in line with folks at other airlines. Their vacation weeks will be less. And theres more in ac maint and what about facilities and stores... Gone...

Good points except I don’t agree with shifts, we all work bad shifts. But whatever contract is voted in, there won’t be separate contracts depending on your hire date.

Not that it matters as we are on the back burners, and looking like FAs and Pilots will have another new contracts be us. How cool would it be if APA and APFA refused to meet with AA until a contract is in place with us.

The thing is, with a scope the company wants (which will be better then all other airlines) those affected by new scope won’t even be at AA or association.

What the A scalers did was bring in new mechanics at half their pay for 10 years working side by side with them. At the time all airlines did their own maint and what our AA scalers did was bring a new era for all airlines to pay new people less to enrich themselves. Then in 2012 voted in Bk contract, took the buyout and left AA and then turned around and sued to get some of our equity.

So not really the same as the A scalers. the the mechs affected negatively by this contract will never even know it, because they will never be hired by AA or pay dues to the association. Unlike all us B scalers.
So you attrition jobs out, everyone gets a raise, they still have to hire, just not as many.

Yep we showed AA by not taking pay raises in 2008 and 2010 (over $70k in cash alone) because it wasn’t restore and more. But I’m going to work all the OT I can and take their money.

Direct quotes from AFW mechanics as they were working in ORD as mechanics junior to them were in DFW and DWH.
It failed because it screwed people under 50 medical retirement

It failed because it screwed people under 50 medical retirement
Yes retiree medical given up just like all the airlines at that time period, where it was taken in bankruptcy from EVERY employee.

So we ALL lost retiree medical along with pension frozen and we got nothing in return other then we had the right to say, restore and more send them back into negotiations. Just like now AA doesn’t have to negotiate unless it wants to, just because some loudmouth says AA has to do something doesn’t me squat. I wonder how much more we are going to refuse to take from AA.

It disturbs me that even with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight that you wouldn’t want $70k in cash 27 more days of sick time more VC and even got personal days. All this at a time when there was 9% unemployment and all other airlines had went bankrupt took away pensions retiree medical and outsourced most of their OH less then 2 years into the Great Recession, not sure if that’s greed arrogance or just stupidity. I’m going with all 3. I like listening to the AFW guys brag how they turned down that contract but then ***** how expensive Chicago is. I guess karma is very unforgiving.

AA proved it didn’t have to give us anything to get their contract extension like the book face heroes would say. Now even having best scope clause in the industry isn’t good enough.

So you attrition jobs out, everyone gets a raise, they still have to hire, just not as many.

That’s about it, plus we would still have best scope in the industry. Our CEO has said repeatedly that he would sign any contract out there, including SWA and they would all be cheaper then AA’s.

How true that is, I don’t know as we will not get to see anything that is a TA until association says so. I’m curious to see what that will finally be and if two different unions can be satisfied with one company’s proposal.

Code words? C'mon man. If this is the case then they will need to sue all supervisors out there as well. Everyday in our morning meetings we are told to "work safe", "Be compliant", "Make sure you have all your paperwork in order". That's just part of our jobs and AA wants to call it "code words". I can list several sups, managers and directors that have used these very same phrases each and every day. Let's not also forget our Senior VP of maint (LN) used the phrase "Be Compliant, work compliant" several times over and over. AA is just reaching for straws in order to get their TRO approved. And when TRO's are approved with false and misleading information, they actually are no longer valid...

American says unions used code words as 'call to arms'

Code words? C'mon man. If this is the case then they will need to sue all supervisors out there as well. Everyday in our morning meetings we are told to "work safe", "Be compliant", "Make sure you have all your paperwork in order". That's just part of our jobs and AA wants to call it "code words". I can list several sups, managers and directors that have used these very same phrases each and every day. Let's not also forget our Senior VP of maint (LN) used the phrase "Be Compliant, work compliant" several times over and over. AA is just reaching for straws in order to get their TRO approved. And when TRO's are approved with false and misleading information, they actually are no longer valid...

If you tell a lie enough times you can beleive it...

Just read the Court Order Memorandom, Samuelson doesn’t sound like such a tough union guy, I bet Isom and the BOD is really scared now.

I wonder if Isom is going to make Samuelson apologize on video and post on YouTube and then Isom will walk out of the room with AA negotiators not to be seen for another year.

Why is it the APA and APFA can negotiate contract improvements for their members 5 or 6 YEARS ago, and we get nothing.

Let’s see what’s different? Oh yeah, the association with two different unions and no membership input.

Reactions: MetalMover

Code words?
In Accordance with,
Out of limits,
No fix no fly,
RTS test failed,
Parts NIS.

Anyone care to add to the list.
Sarcasm of course but these are actual reasons aircraft go out of service.

Just read the Court Order Memorandom, Samuelson doesn’t sound like such a tough union guy, I bet Isom and the BOD is really scared now.

I wonder if Isom is going to make Samuelson apologize on video and post on YouTube and then Isom will walk out of the room with AA negotiators not to be seen for another year.

Why is it the APA and APFA can negotiate contract improvements for their members 5 or 6 YEARS ago, and we get nothing.

Let’s see what’s different? Oh yeah, the association with two different unions and no membership input.
Because the APA and APFA represent one work group under one union. One union, one voice.