Aircraft maint issues

Code words?
In Accordance with,
Out of limits,
No fix no fly,
RTS test failed,
Parts NIS.

Anyone care to add to the list.
Sarcasm of course but these are actual reasons aircraft go out of service.

IAW is exactly how we all work.
OOL is exactly what it is Out Of Limits. No brainer here.
No fix no fly, depends on the issue at hand.
RTS test failed, It is what it is.
Parts NIS- Holy crap we have a huge issue with this at SWA right now. And I ask WHY is that???

Then fix it!!!
Stupid.jpg

Reactions: swamt
IAW is exactly how we all work.
OOL is exactly what it is Out Of Limits. No brainer here.
No fix no fly, depends on the issue at hand.
RTS test failed, It is what it is.
Parts NIS- Holy crap we have a huge issue with this at SWA right now. And I ask WHY is that???
Parts issue is all about cost.
I was informed after the BK that keeping parts on the shelf costs money. Airlines in the USA pay taxes on parts sitting on the shelf based on their value. Having spare parts obviously costs money. American has some detailed agreement after the BK where they sold a large amount of spare parts inventory to some third party company to save costs. This was then. I don't know if its still this way. I lost interest and really dont care much about stuff like this anymore. But this is the issue with spare parts inventory. It's the cost.

Parts issue is all about cost.
I was informed after the BK that keeping parts on the shelf costs money. Airlines in the USA pay taxes on parts sitting on the shelf based on their value. Having spare parts obviously costs money. American has some detailed agreement after the BK where they sold a large amount of spare parts inventory to some third party company to save costs. This was then. I don't know if its still this way. I lost interest and really dont care much about stuff like this anymore. But this is the issue with spare parts inventory. It's the cost.
Correct. That's one of the biggie reasons we left Denver was the parts taxes were way too high. SWA had to get it in writing a new agreement about taxes and we also started storing off airport property as those taxes were even worse.
We have some morons that run our parts inventory. Not long ago they wanted to see about saving money on inventory so they too sold some parts to another airline. Come to find out we needed those parts noty even a week later. The airline that bought them from us re-sold them back to us but for double the price we sold them to them for. Now that's saving money, huh??? Ya just can't fix stupid...

Correct. That's one of the biggie reasons we left Denver was the parts taxes were way too high. SWA had to get it in writing a new agreement about taxes and we also started storing off airport property as those taxes were even worse.
We have some morons that run our parts inventory. Not long ago they wanted to see about saving money on inventory so they too sold some parts to another airline. Come to find out we needed those parts noty even a week later. The airline that bought them from us re-sold them back to us but for double the price we sold them to them for. Now that's saving money, huh??? Ya just can't fix stupid...
Hopefully they fired the Moron. Our Trax parts shelf in MDW is pathetic, nothing by ATA, have hunt by looking at the boxes, been that way for 3 years.-I see in an Email they are pushing live Maintenix back till Feb 2020. That's when the Maxs and 800s, were supposed to go in! You guys at American don't have 3 computer systems to track maintenance do you?

I spoke to a union representative who is in constant touch with the 591 officers and the TWU international. There is a strong consensus (unverified/unofficially)
that a fine is likely heading our way over the TRO filed by the company.
We will see when the two sides go to court next month. If so I said history repeats itself. Ask anyone in the APA. They conceded the fine for contractual concessions. The company is not stupid. On the other hand the association will or has been out played again. Like I said its unverified but you all know things like this usually turn out to be somewhat on the money. No pun intended. Let's see what happens in July. I hope the two sides get back to negotiations real soon. The financial clock for many of us is ticking away.

I spoke to a union representative who is in constant touch with the 591 officers and the TWU international. There is a strong consensus (unverified/unofficially)
We will see when the two sides go to court next month. If so I said history repeats itself. Ask anyone in the APA. They conceded the fine for contractual concessions. The company is not stupid. On the other hand the association will or has been out played again. Like I said its unverified but you all know things like this usually turn out to be somewhat on the money. No pun intended. Let's see what happens in July. I hope the two sides get back to negotiations real soon. The financial clock for many of us is ticking away.
Pretty sad that a company would have to do this to their employees or union. Guess they are pretty pissed at the Asso right now.
I hope you guys get back to the table soon as well. I also hope you guys hold out for ILC and top us, good luck to all...

Pretty sad that a company would have to do this to their employees or union. Guess they are pretty pissed at the Asso right now.
I hope you guys get back to the table soon as well. I also hope you guys hold out for ILC and top us, good luck to all...
Sorry but this is business as usual for our USAIR management team.
They treat the customers and employees equally. You can come to your own conclusion.

Rumblings I heard out of DFW is that fines are expected to be levied around July 1st. Company is planning on waiving the fines in lieu of bring the current offer to a vote.

Reactions: bigjets
Rumblings I heard out of DFW is that fines are expected to be levied around July 1st. Company is planning on waiving the fines in lieu of bring the current offer to a vote.

Afraid so. This could also be a plus for the title 1 membership and a kick in the butt for the International. We'll see come July.
I recall a while back that all groups have to have a T/A in place or no one can vote on a JCBA. Since this TRO was primarily directed to Title 1 guys and if a package will be voted on as mentioned does that mean the other groups are forced to vote on their T/A because of us? This association was put together on a whim. As usual we the members take the heat for the greed of preserving union dues on both sides.

Last edited:

Good thing there isn’t a video of TWU President threatening for a long hot summer, then putting video on YouTube.