Aircraft maint issues

I will never support the association. I never voted for them to represent me. We should have had a deal 2 years ago. But there tough guy act has cost us all. I’m on team AA I get a check every 2 weeks from them. This association has done nothing but cost me money

Reactions: swamt
I’m sorry did I miss the Part of the meeting where Sammy said we would be Boy Scouts until the blood bath commences. Let’s get real here, there will never be a blood bath or a strike.
Exactly. Some people tend to mouth off without thinking. Pretty sure it was Sammy's statement on film that triggered the suit.

Exactly. Some people tend to mouth off without thinking. Pretty sure it was Sammy's statement on film that triggered the suit.
It was definitely the cherry on top of their case that’s for sure. Most smart people said that at the time. I mean really a week after the company filed the suit he said that stuff on camera. He’s not a smart person that’s for sure

Wow Swampy we are famous. We tell them to get new representation. Two SWA mechanics , I don't remember telling to do something stupid. To get an injunction. I feel sorry for these guys.

I will never support the association. I never voted for them to represent me. We should have had a deal 2 years ago. But there tough guy act has cost us all. I’m on team AA I get a check every 2 weeks from them. This association has done nothing but cost me money

You should go into management then, sounds like you have one foot in and the other out. Go all the way!!

Weazz was right about the TWU being there for 70 years-and not going anywhere. When you are conditioned to take either concessions or so so, everyone accepts it, and nothing changes.

I think the TWUs longevity has less to do with great representation, but having decent representation for more then half the total of AA mechanics working at Tulsa with weekends holidays off in a low cost of living area.

If you don’t like it move to Tulsa.

I think the TWUs longevity has less to do with great representation, but having decent representation for more then half the total of AA mechanics working at Tulsa with weekends holidays off in a low cost of living area.

I think you give far too much credit to Tulsa sir.

If I had to guess I would say discrepancies with GEO pay probably predate your hire date. I am sure you knew this to be an issue early in your career.

In fact if I had to guess I would say it predates every employee currently on the clock. You can hardly blame that on the current employees of Tulsa.

As far as weekends and holidays off, what can I say, operational need. Maintenance is simply a different environment than line. The line will never be weekends and holidays off, it is simply not viable. Do you fault your UNION brothers for this perk of circumstance?

Last edited:

If I had to guess I would say discrepancies with GEO pay probably predate your hire date. I am sure you knew this to be an issue early in your career.

In fact if I had to guess I would say it predates every employee currently on the clock. You can hardly blame that on the current employees of Tulsa.

As far as weekends and holidays off, what can I say, operational need. Maintenance is simply a different environment than line. The line will never be weekends and holidays off, it is simply not viable. Do you fault your UNION brothers for this perk of circumstance?
Tulsa definitely isn’t weekends off anymore. I haven’t had one off in years

No sir I don’t blame the mechs, I do blame a union that takes my dues but makes sure one station gets all the perks.

Water under the bridge and now TULE is in our boat now.

Some very good points you made though.

For years, decades, the Members have voted for the tough guys that promise the world. When they can't get it, it becomes the fault of others. The fingers are pointed towards the Base guys, the Fleet guys, the NMB, the Mediators, the Company, whoever the CEO is, ect.

The voters haven't realized their frustrations come from misaligned expectations, not other workgroups.

For years, decades, the Members have voted for the tough guys that promise the world. When they can't get it, it becomes the fault of others. The fingers are pointed towards the Base guys, the Fleet guys, the NMB, the Mediators, the Company, whoever the CEO is, ect.

The voters haven't realized their frustrations come from misaligned expectations, not other workgroups.

I'm pretty sure AMTs at AA know where the blame lies for our current predicament. This topic has been covered ad nauseam, it is a combination of all of the above. Misaligned expectations? Hell, we know better than to have expectations when it comes to the TWU. Unless you want to consider the expectations of being lied to, or not informed period.

I don't know NYer.

Not long ago I was frequently attacked and called "antiUNION" by the majority of this forum, and though that does still happen with some frequency (as recently as last week), many of the attitudes and perceptions seem to have evolved over time. Many no longer see me as the enemy but as someone who is trying to make a contribution by pointing out the mechanics of manipulation tactics employed by the UNION. Even if they don't agree with me at times it is nice to see that people are being a bit more open and willing to entertain other points of view.

That in itself gives me hope that people will see those "misaligned expectations" for what they really are, which of course is polarization. I chose that word (polarization) with great care. I mean to attribute all 3 definitions of the social sciences to the UNION.

• Polarization (economics), an economic process where middle-class jobs disappear more than those at the bottom and the top (headcount over securing high pay and low cost benefits)
  • Polarization (psychology), the process whereby a social or political group is divided into opposing sub-groups (anybody in the TWU knows how the workforce has been divided into opposing sub-groups)
  • Political polarization, the process by which the public opinion divides and goes to the extremes (instead of representing the workers and enforcing the contract the UNION is more interested in funding the Democratic Party and encouraging member voting habits)
I am elated to see that over the years this forum has changed from polarization to civility (for the most part). It is my hope that this is a glimpse into the future open mindedness (as opposed to socially engineered and conditioned) and civility of the membership.

In fact I think more and more do realize it but change is slow.

I thank any and all who have taken the time to reflect on what I had to say even if they did not agree with me. I also would like to thank any and all who have offered opposition in a civil manner.

Have a good weekend.