Aircraft maint issues

Just got word this morning the judge has decided to let the union fine its members if we violate the TRO. I don't have any info yet. It was just released this morning. Any links please post. Thanks.

It's little more than that.

Union officials, the heavy hitters, will have to go to the Line stations and tell the midnight guys to return to normal operations. Those in attendance will have to sign a letter stating they understand the TRO.

They'll have to have the same meetings with Local Representatives.

They'll need to advise everyone that any further disruptions could lead to fines or disciplinary actions.

... And they'll need to do that with AA management present. :eek:

Just got word this morning the judge has decided to let the union fine its members if we violate the TRO. I don't have any info yet. It was just released this morning. Any links please post. Thanks.
"In its filing submitted Wednesday, American said it considered filing a motion for contempt. But, it said its main objective is to stop the slowdown, not seek damages from the unions. American said it reserves the right to seek contempt sanctions if the alleged slowdown continues".

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/07/10/american-airlines-mechanics-slowdown.html

As far as the fining of members, what about this posting by Vort.? Does it not apply to fining the members? Or does this ONLY cover if the asso. get sued by the company they just can't pass along the asso's fines to the members?? Here's his post:

Well, the company probably doesn't give a damn, even though I don't recall saying that.
On another subject, you have been suggesting that the Association could pass on the judges fines to the membership. Out of curiosity I looked it up, and it turns out we cannot be fined. Read the last few lines of the last paragraph. This is right out of the Taft - Hartley Act.

TITLE III [Title 29, Chapter 7, Subchapter IV, United States Code] suits by and against labor organizations Sec. 301. [Sec. 185.] (a) [Venue, amount, and citizenship] Suits for violation of contracts between an employer and a labor organization representing employees in an industry affecting commerce as defined in this Act [chapter], or between any such labor organization, may be brought in any district court of the United States having jurisdiction of the parties, without respect to the amount in controversy or without regard to the citizenship of the parties. (b) [Responsibility for acts of agent; entity for purposes of suit; enforcement of money judgments] Any labor organization which represents employees in an industry affecting commerce as defined in this Act [chapter] and any employer whose activities affect commerce as defined in this Act [chapter] shall be bound by the acts of its agents. Any such labor organization may sue or be sued as an entity and in behalf of the employees whom it represents in the courts of the United States. Any money judgment against a labor organization in a district court of the United States shall be enforceable only against the organization as an entity and against its assets, and shall not be enforceable against any individual member or his assets.

Union officials, the heavy hitters, will have to go to the Line stations and tell the midnight guys to return to normal operations. Those in attendance will have to sign a letter stating they understand the TRO.

They'll need to advise everyone that any further disruptions could lead to fines or disciplinary actions.

Same thing happened at SWA during our operation emergency. The company had the copy of the lawsuit. The ALRs started at MDW with management, then went all the other maintenance stations, ask Swampy. Then next thing you know we had a contract to vote on.

Same thing happened at SWA during our operation emergency. The company had the copy of the lawsuit. The ALRs started at MDW with management, then went all the other maintenance stations, ask Swampy. Then next thing you know we had a contract to vote on.

It's a predictable process. Amazing how unions continue to walk through that trap door.

Reactions: swamt
Stupid.jpg

Anyone that knows me knows that I can't stand the twu or the ass but this judge is bought and paid for. The lawyer that the company hired was a clerk for the very judge that is overseeing this case. The proposal that the company put together must either have not been read or he does not know anything about the railway labor act. From what I am told it is a violation of the railway labor act for a union to fine its members in this situation. This is nothing more than a method of intimidation on the part of the company. So this means that the add on to the TRO that the judge approved is illegal. Maybe the judge should be at home drinking warm milk instead of sitting on a federal bench. I don't think it will be very long for the FAA to get more involved in this situation. What are the parameters of the fines? An hours pay for the first right up and a years pay for the second right up???? Good luck trying to collect. For all the piece of crap management people reading this go screw yourself. Personally I don't care if the twu or the iam get fined but I am not going to let the company intimidate me from doing my job. The bottom line is that the company wants us to put unsafe aircraft in the air with a judges help and put the flying publics lives at stake. The management at this company might be able to sleep at night if a plane becomes a lawn dart and kills a couple of hundred people but I would not be able to. So I will continue to my job by the GPM and any other company manual along with maintenance manuals and FAA regs. Also it's my decision when to work O/T and when not to.

Good.

Take the opportunity to "communicate" your feelings to management.

giphy.gif

Of course we know upper management won't show their face. They will dupe some fresh out of college pencil neck or send some yes man who thinks if he does enough "dirty work" he actually has a shot at the big leagues. Maybe WeAAsles should apply for that position. He has proven he is a loyal tool.

Last edited:
I for one am glad and happy for what I have.

I work as much ot as I can. I always follow procedure based on FAA and company regs. Protect the company, the passengers, crews and my license.

I am so happy to get 5 holidays for 4 extra hours of pay each. I'm glad to get 5 sick days a year and am thankful for the 5 weeks of vacation.

I'm thankful the company wants to give me $3k signing bonus, continue my fantastic medical coverage and share the profits with me at 3% of my pay..

I thank my union for negotiating such a great deal and I think it should be put out for a vote so we can vote it in or out and move on. I support them in that way only and unfortunately sometimes folks take posts on this forum out of context.

I do not support any illegal slowdown. I have continued to do my job the same way I have done since I hired in 30+ years ago. Follow procedure, any job worth doing is worth doing right, the first time.

I would like to see a retro pay for the past 2 years instead of a 3000.00 signing bonus minus taxes leaves me about 1500.00. The company wants to get away cheap! Also early outs by seniority, not pick and choose what stations will receive the early outs!!!!

I for one am glad and happy for what I have.

I work as much ot as I can. I always follow procedure based on FAA and company regs. Protect the company, the passengers, crews and my license.

I am so happy to get 5 holidays for 4 extra hours of pay each. I'm glad to get 5 sick days a year and am thankful for the 5 weeks of vacation.

I'm thankful the company wants to give me $3k signing bonus, continue my fantastic medical coverage and share the profits with me at 3% of my pay..

I thank my union for negotiating such a great deal and I think it should be put out for a vote so we can vote it in or out and move on. I support them in that way only and unfortunately sometimes folks take posts on this forum out of context.

I do not support any illegal slowdown. I have continued to do my job the same way I have done since I hired in 30+ years ago. Follow procedure, any job worth doing is worth doing right, the first time.
Why do I feel like I just watched a paid for advertisement?

Latest posts