Aircraft maint issues

So let's put this in some kind of sane order.
The judge ordered the association to discipline the membership and fine the membership if they violate the TRO.

Once this is somehow put in some kind of process such as type of violations, amount of fines, severity of punishment, how to properly identify and determine if a violation was initiated, having management witness and report to a union officer or his manager, determine the amount of a fine based on the violation and so on. Then after a union member gets disciplined by the union who collects the fine?
Where does the money go?

Then comes the next thing.
The same union has to defend me.
I pay union dues to be disciplined and defended by the same union.

Court Order Memorandum 6/20/19--UPDATED 7/11/2019
https://www.local591.com/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=764176

Another update already?

We get it, somebody or someone(s) are definitely running scared!

Anyone that knows me knows that I can't stand the twu or the ass but this judge is bought and paid for. The lawyer that the company hired was a clerk for the very judge that is overseeing this case. The proposal that the company put together must either have not been read or he does not know anything about the railway labor act. From what I am told it is a violation of the railway labor act for a union to fine its members in this situation. This is nothing more than a method of intimidation on the part of the company. So this means that the add on to the TRO that the judge approved is illegal. Maybe the judge should be at home drinking warm milk instead of sitting on a federal bench. I don't think it will be very long for the FAA to get more involved in this situation. What are the parameters of the fines? An hours pay for the first right up and a years pay for the second right up???? Good luck trying to collect. For all the piece of crap management people reading this go screw yourself. Personally I don't care if the twu or the iam get fined but I am not going to let the company intimidate me from doing my job. The bottom line is that the company wants us to put unsafe aircraft in the air with a judges help and put the flying publics lives at stake. The management at this company might be able to sleep at night if a plane becomes a lawn dart and kills a couple of hundred people but I would not be able to. So I will continue to my job by the GPM and any other company manual along with maintenance manuals and FAA regs. Also it's my decision when to work O/T and when not to.

Looks like AA contacted Judge and said the union (asso) was not doing enough, hence, the added memos from the union. Cancellations are cancellations, rather from weather, maint. repairs, or flight crew time outs. The company is wrapping all cancellations towards the mechanics and maint. just like SWA did to us. Same exact play book I tell you.
Let me add another thing, I would never send any human being on an aircraft that has something that was out of limits per the manuals. If something is out of limits, they are simply out of limits. How can anyone ask any mechanic to overlook a safety item jst to get that aircraft into service so AA can make a profit? Not gonna happen on my watch. Document everything that you guys do as it appears this company is ready to burn the first mechanic they can and throw him under the bus. Take pictures and document it so when/if the co. tries to mess with you you will have your own evidence to provide the court system. SWA tried doing this with some of our mechs and they got their pee-pee's spanked severely by the FAA and other gov. entities. Co. lost in court on all cases at SWA. It's all chess moves by the co's.

Ok AA'ers. Now Horizon will soon be represented by a mechanics class and craft union. I hope. They too were watching the final results at SWA and ALK of their two new contracts. Really thought you guys would be in the same shoes as Horizon but i do understand it is a lot tougher due to mere size differences. I am still in great hopes that you AA mechanics will receive a welcome letter to a vote some time soon with AMFA as well.

Letter to Horizon Air AMTs
July 15, 2019 -- First, I would like to thank you for placing your confidence in the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA). Your grassroots organizing efforts and collection of Authorization Cards from your workgroup in favor of AMFA was a wonderful surprise.
Read More

Reactions: Vortilon
The judge ordered the association to discipline the membership and fine the membership if they violate the TRO.

Once this is somehow put in some kind of process such as type of violations, amount of fines, severity of punishment, how to properly identify and determine if a violation was initiated, having management witness and report to a union officer or his manager, determine the amount of a fine based on the violation and so on. Then after a union member gets disciplined by the union who collects the fine?
Where does the money go?

The design for the fines is to get some mechanics to return to their normal activities by taking away the feeling they're protected.

It also opens the door for the Company to ask the Court for monetary fines by the Association being in contempt of the TRO or eventual Permanent Injunction.

Looks like AA contacted Judge and said the union (asso) was not doing enough, hence, the added memos from the union. Cancellations are cancellations, rather from weather, maint. repairs, or flight crew time outs. The company is wrapping all cancellations towards the mechanics and maint. just like SWA did to us. Same exact play book I tell you.
Let me add another thing, I would never send any human being on an aircraft that has something that was out of limits per the manuals. If something is out of limits, they are simply out of limits. How can anyone ask any mechanic to overlook a safety item jst to get that aircraft into service so AA can make a profit? Not gonna happen on my watch. Document everything that you guys do as it appears this company is ready to burn the first mechanic they can and throw him under the bus. Take pictures and document it so when/if the co. tries to mess with you you will have your own evidence to provide the court system. SWA tried doing this with some of our mechs and they got their pee-pee's spanked severely by the FAA and other gov. entities. Co. lost in court on all cases at SWA. It's all chess moves by the co's.

The cancellations are tied to very specific actions and do not include weather, Max, flight crew going illegal or anything tied to another department causing a delay or cancellation.

It's tied directly to overnight work not being completed causing more planes being OTS at the beginning of the day and the subsequent cancellations tied to the aircraft in question.

The company can stack the work load and make it difficult to get the finished product ready and out ontime in the morning.

Reduce voluntary OT, fail to route parts to aircraft location, increase workload and number of Aircraft overnighting and so on. This is all a chess game.

The company can stack the work load and make it difficult to get the finished product ready and out ontime in the morning.

Reduce voluntary OT, fail to route parts to aircraft location, increase workload and number of Aircraft overnighting and so on. This is all a chess game.

None of that was was argued.

Hard to get past the documentation they presented, along with statements, and OT refusals which are hard to explain. Like in PHL, over a 7 day period they offered over 1300 hours of OT. They had exactly 0 hours worked.

Where does the money go?

I pay union dues to be disciplined and defended by the same union.[/QUOTE

Good point, we are being played by the company and the Association. The company and their deceptive assertion that AMTs had some sort of organized plan in place to cause delays, and the Association with their unreal expectations - on top of the failure of attempting to merge 2 unions for negotiating a joint contract.
Going on 3 years now since our last raise, and no end in sight to these negotiations - now we are on the back burner as the Pilots and F/As negotiations come up again - agents won't be far behind.

From the Association Letter 7-15-19

"On July 10, 2019, American Airlines requested, and the federal court shortly thereafter entered, an Order which requires the Unions to “take all reasonable actions, including but not limited to communications to their members, to ensure that their members working at American’s line maintenance stations, within seven days of [July 10] …, achieve approximately, in the aggregate, on a 7-day moving average basis, overnight productivity levels equal to the aggregate … overnight productivity levels achieved in the summer of 2018 of 77.5%.” A copy of that Order is attached; the quoted language is on page 5."

"While the Unions intend to ask the Court to modify its Order to address this particular issue, we felt it necessary to also alert the FAA to this provision in light of your recent communication, and to request that you assign inspectors to all maintenance locations sufficient to ensure that the use of targeted productivity levels does not compromise the public safety or compliance with FAR regulations."

From Order on Motion presented by Association

Motion: DENIED

Judge McBryde: "Defendants have expressed concern that if they take actions contemplated by the modification of the temporary restraining order, they will cause their members to take actions that could adversely affect the safety of the traveling public. However, they have provided nothing in support of that position that would cause the court to believe that the members of defendants do not have good enough judgment to know when they are doing something that would adversely affect the traveling public, as distinguished from taking actions to resume in an appropriate manner they're normal work activities."

The cancellations are tied to very specific actions and do not include weather, Max, flight crew going illegal or anything tied to another department causing a delay or cancellation.

It's tied directly to overnight work not being completed causing more planes being OTS at the beginning of the day and the subsequent cancellations tied to the aircraft in question.
Ok. I did not know it was all down to one specific overnight issues. I was merely trying to throw life lines out there, NWIM?

None of that was was argued.

Hard to get past the documentation they presented, along with statements, and OT refusals which are hard to explain. Like in PHL, over a 7 day period they offered over 1300 hours of OT. They had exactly 0 hours worked.
How many "mechanics" are assigned to work in PHL (all shifts and aircraft mechs only) And is your 1300 hrs at ot pay? Which would be more like 865-868 hrs at 1.5 rate, or 650 hrs at 2.0 rate. Your 1300 hrs you say would be a full month worked around the clock 24 hrs per day. And they wanted that in 7 days? Something not adding up. Sounds like an inflated numbers from the co. to me.

Ok. I did not know it was all down to one specific overnight issues. I was merely trying to throw life lines out there, NWIM?

How many "mechanics" are assigned to work in PHL (all shifts and aircraft mechs only) And is your 1300 hrs at ot pay? Which would be more like 865-868 hrs at 1.5 rate, or 650 hrs at 2.0 rate. Your 1300 hrs you say would be a full month worked around the clock 24 hrs per day. And they wanted that in 7 days? Something not adding up. Sounds like an inflated numbers from the co. to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190716-234208.png
    Screenshot_20190716-234208.png
    541.8 KB · Views: 318

Where does the money go?

That’s why I can’t believe everyone hasn’t signed a AMFA card and vote these clowns out

Latest posts