Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. 767 mechanic

767 mechanic Veteran

Anyone that knows me knows that I can't stand the twu or the ass but this judge is bought and paid for. The lawyer that the company hired was a clerk for the very judge that is overseeing this case. The proposal that the company put together must either have not been read or he does not know anything about the railway labor act. From what I am told it is a violation of the railway labor act for a union to fine its members in this situation. This is nothing more than a method of intimidation on the part of the company. So this means that the add on to the TRO that the judge approved is illegal. Maybe the judge should be at home drinking warm milk instead of sitting on a federal bench. I don't think it will be very long for the FAA to get more involved in this situation. What are the parameters of the fines? An hours pay for the first right up and a years pay for the second right up???? Good luck trying to collect. For all the piece of crap management people reading this go screw yourself. Personally I don't care if the twu or the iam get fined but I am not going to let the company intimidate me from doing my job. The bottom line is that the company wants us to put unsafe aircraft in the air with a judges help and put the flying publics lives at stake. The management at this company might be able to sleep at night if a plane becomes a lawn dart and kills a couple of hundred people but I would not be able to. So I will continue to my job by the GPM and any other company manual along with maintenance manuals and FAA regs. Also it's my decision when to work O/T and when not to.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

#8103 La Li Lu Le Lo, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Good.

Take the opportunity to "communicate" your feelings to management.

[​IMG]

Of course we know upper management won't show their face. They will dupe some fresh out of college pencil neck or send some yes man who thinks if he does enough "dirty work" he actually has a shot at the big leagues. Maybe WeAAsles should apply for that position. He has proven he is a loyal tool.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. 1986Mekanic

1986Mekanic Senior

5. 1986Mekanic

1986Mekanic Senior

I for one am glad and happy for what I have.

I work as much ot as I can. I always follow procedure based on FAA and company regs. Protect the company, the passengers, crews and my license.

I am so happy to get 5 holidays for 4 extra hours of pay each. I'm glad to get 5 sick days a year and am thankful for the 5 weeks of vacation.

I'm thankful the company wants to give me $3k signing bonus, continue my fantastic medical coverage and share the profits with me at 3% of my pay..

I thank my union for negotiating such a great deal and I think it should be put out for a vote so we can vote it in or out and move on. I support them in that way only and unfortunately sometimes folks take posts on this forum out of context.

I do not support any illegal slowdown. I have continued to do my job the same way I have done since I hired in 30+ years ago. Follow procedure, any job worth doing is worth doing right, the first time.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Matt1200

Matt1200 Senior

I would like to see a retro pay for the past 2 years instead of a 3000.00 signing bonus minus taxes leaves me about 1500.00. The company wants to get away cheap! Also early outs by seniority, not pick and choose what stations will receive the early outs!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Wish in one hand...................

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Why do I feel like I just watched a paid for advertisement?

9. 1AA

1AA Veteran

So let's put this in some kind of sane order.
    The judge ordered the association to discipline the membership and fine the membership if they violate the TRO.

Once this is somehow put in some kind of process such as type of violations, amount of fines, severity of punishment, how to properly identify and determine if a violation was initiated, having management witness and report to a union officer or his manager, determine the amount of a fine based on the violation and so on. Then after a union member gets disciplined by the union who collects the fine?
    Where does the money go?

Then comes the next thing.
    The same union has to defend me.
    I pay union dues to be disciplined and defended by the same union.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. swamt

swamt Veteran

Looks like AA contacted Judge and said the union (asso) was not doing enough, hence, the added memos from the union. Cancellations are cancellations, rather from weather, maint. repairs, or flight crew time outs. The company is wrapping all cancellations towards the mechanics and maint. just like SWA did to us. Same exact play book I tell you.
    Let me add another thing, I would never send any human being on an aircraft that has something that was out of limits per the manuals. If something is out of limits, they are simply out of limits. How can anyone ask any mechanic to overlook a safety item jst to get that aircraft into service so AA can make a profit? Not gonna happen on my watch. Document everything that you guys do as it appears this company is ready to burn the first mechanic they can and throw him under the bus. Take pictures and document it so when/if the co. tries to mess with you you will have your own evidence to provide the court system. SWA tried doing this with some of our mechs and they got their pee-pee's spanked severely by the FAA and other gov. entities. Co. lost in court on all cases at SWA. It's all chess moves by the co's.

11. swamt

swamt Veteran

Ok AA'ers. Now Horizon will soon be represented by a mechanics class and craft union. I hope. They too were watching the final results at SWA and ALK of their two new contracts. Really thought you guys would be in the same shoes as Horizon but i do understand it is a lot tougher due to mere size differences. I am still in great hopes that you AA mechanics will receive a welcome letter to a vote some time soon with AMFA as well.

Letter to Horizon Air AMTs
    July 15, 2019 -- First, I would like to thank you for placing your confidence in the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA). Your grassroots organizing efforts and collection of Authorization Cards from your workgroup in favor of AMFA was a wonderful surprise.
    Read More

• Like Like x 1
  12. NYer

NYer Veteran

The design for the fines is to get some mechanics to return to their normal activities by taking away the feeling they're protected.

It also opens the door for the Company to ask the Court for monetary fines by the Association being in contempt of the TRO or eventual Permanent Injunction.

13. NYer

NYer Veteran

The cancellations are tied to very specific actions and do not include weather, Max, flight crew going illegal or anything tied to another department causing a delay or cancellation.

It's tied directly to overnight work not being completed causing more planes being OTS at the beginning of the day and the subsequent cancellations tied to the aircraft in question.

14. 1AA

1AA Veteran

The company can stack the work load and make it difficult to get the finished product ready and out ontime in the morning.

Reduce voluntary OT, fail to route parts to aircraft location, increase workload and number of Aircraft overnighting and so on. This is all a chess game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. NYer

NYer Veteran

None of that was was argued.

Hard to get past the documentation they presented, along with statements, and OT refusals which are hard to explain. Like in PHL, over a 7 day period they offered over 1300 hours of OT. They had exactly 0 hours worked.