Aircraft maint issues

To me NYer, that don't mean squat. Hell even here at SWA the guys throttle back big time from O/T in the summer months. Too hot for one and family scheduled off time. I do understand what the co. is trying to make of it, but O/T is voluntary, is it not? So what if no one signed up for O/T for a few days, shite happens.

That’s why I can’t believe everyone hasn’t signed a AMFA card and vote these clowns out
Me either CH. Sad that Horizon beat you all to it, but glad they are coming on board with AMFA.
Hey CH, you mechanics getting any word from your peeps about the sudden cancelation of the 3 day sessions set for 16-18 July??? Below is the memo that set the meeting then canceled the meetings. Could it be that the co will use leverage to put out the first vote?

mail

To me NYer, that don't mean squat. Hell even here at SWA the guys throttle back big time from O/T in the summer months. Too hot for one and family scheduled off time. I do understand what the co. is trying to make of it, but O/T is voluntary, is it not? So what if no one signed up for O/T for a few days, shite happens.

Certainly, but they also submitted posting from Association asking members not to volunteer for OT and connected those dots to contract negotiations.

The timing of the postings and downturn in OT coincide.

Aside from that, they submitted statements from Members that supposedly refused to take OT because the union asked them to.

Then they submitted quotes from this site in which people were using terminology from the postings and statements to show the connection. (two of which came from a NC member and another 10 from someone proffesing to have high level "friends")

Individually, no big deal. Collectively, they painted a picture.

Certainly, but they also submitted posting from Association asking members not to volunteer for OT and connected those dots to contract negotiations.

The timing of the postings and downturn in OT coincide.

Aside from that, they submitted statements from Members that supposedly refused to take OT because the union asked them to.

Then they submitted quotes from this site in which people were using terminology from the postings and statements to show the connection. (two of which came from a NC member and another 10 from someone proffesing to have high level "friends")

Individually, no big deal. Collectively, they painted a picture.
That's pretty sad management of the union leaders and the unions themselves. Why would anyone leave a record of suggesting such a thing? Of course the co will take action, hell I would to.
You just can't fix stupid. Morons running this asso. I tell ya...

Wasn’t QX repped by AMFA before?
I do believe so, years back before 2009. The teamsters pulled a fast one on them too promising the world but producing NOTHING that was promised. Just like they did over at United. Still waiting on United to pull that very same trigger and get AMFA back in there. Also will fully support another AA drive for AMFA big time. The teamsters will be devastated if AMFA is successful yet again over a previously teamster represented carrier, so we will see the typical teamster fiasco all over again at Horizon (QX). Just remember AMFA doesn't raid, it has always been a grass roots efforts by the membership that brought AMFA in.

I do believe so, years back before 2009. The teamsters pulled a fast one on them too promising the world but producing NOTHING that was promised. Just like they did over at United. Still waiting on United to pull that very same trigger and get AMFA back in there. Also will fully support another AA drive for AMFA big time. The teamsters will be devastated if AMFA is successful yet again over a previously teamster represented carrier, so we will see the typical teamster fiasco all over again at Horizon (QX). Just remember AMFA doesn't raid, it has always been a grass roots efforts by the membership that brought AMFA in.

Hell, we will openly accept a raid. Talk to Brett.

Ill work my station for cards
Good.
I honestly think with the final results in from the SWA and ALK nego's and the recent rather quickly card drive at Horizon for an AMFA vote will change some fence sitters minds. we were successful in saving all our scope, and that was huge for what they were originally asking. And BTW, the director that was ram rodding that huge scope change was quickly moved out of maint and over into training dept after his failures with the new maint program that also helped stall out nego's for almost 7 years.
Good luck fellas, and I hope AMFA National will reach out and help out as much as they can. All nego's are over. They are now focussing on Horizon vote at hand. Pretty sure they could make a little extra time for you mechanics at AA. Be Prepared for anything brother, ANYTHING!!! They will come after you guys again.

Reactions: Vortilon

Latest posts