Aircraft maint issues

Hey fellas here is an additional update about the recent AMFA agreement at ALK and the mechanics of Alaska and Virgin merger. Send those cards in. You will not be disappointed...

Alaska Airlines and aircraft technicians ratify final Transition Agreement in Virgin America merger
We are at our best when we are disappointed. Haven't you figured that out by now? If my kid decided to have a career at AA in aviation and be represented by the TWU, the day he retired the TWU will still be on the property.

We are at our best when we are disappointed. Haven't you figured that out by now? If my kid decided to have a career at AA in aviation and be represented by the TWU, the day he retired the TWU will still be on the property.
1AA if United can kick out the IAM, bring in AMFA, kick out AMFA, bring in Teamsters, which they are not really happy with, you guys can change! :)

Good.
I honestly think with the final results in from the SWA and ALK nego's and the recent rather quickly card drive at Horizon for an AMFA vote will change some fence sitters minds. we were successful in saving all our scope, and that was huge for what they were originally asking. And BTW, the director that was ram rodding that huge scope change was quickly moved out of maint and over into training dept after his failures with the new maint program that also helped stall out nego's for almost 7 years.
Good luck fellas, and I hope AMFA National will reach out and help out as much as they can. All nego's are over. They are now focussing on Horizon vote at hand. Pretty sure they could make a little extra time for you mechanics at AA. Be Prepared for anything brother, ANYTHING!!! They will come after you guys again.
Well said such a joy we can talk as mechanics and former military, without the bullshit artist, cluttering up the forums! :)

1AA if United can kick out the IAM, bring in AMFA, kick out AMFA, bring in Teamsters, which they are not really happy with, you guys can change! :)
UAL is not AA.
SWA is not AA.
AA guys are a different breed.
I can't figure them out. We get screwed over and over. When a drive is going the excuses for not signing are pathetic.
It's not a good time.
We are in negotiations.
I'll sign after we get a contract.
We are close to a deal, signing a card will delay negotiations.
We will lose our contract and have to start over again.
Our contract will become voided if we change unions because the TWU negotiated it.
Who does AMFA represent?
AMFA screwed up at NWA.
AMP represents nobody.
AMP has no money.
All negotiations will stop and we will start from scratch.

Then you try title 2 guys.
AMFA wants to get rid of us.
AMP is for Aircraft Maintenance only. We will be gone.
The excuses go on and on.

This last AMP drive we had holdouts from stations that supported changes in representation.

We have many that just want a buyout package so they can leave with some cash. You tell them about a card drive and they will tell you it will delay my early out package.
The IAM side just wont sign cards.
Do the math without having exact numbers you can see that without title 2 and the IAM guys we wont have enough support. We all complain about how we are getting screwed but won't make an effort to stop the screwing and better ourselves.

Agree. The teamsters did the same to united as they did with Horizon. BS'ed their way in with no promises materializing. I also look for United to soon move back to AMFA. UAL mechanics need to ask themselves, where's that promised pension? Where's that promised ILC?? Where's that promised highest pay in the airlines for mechanics??? Etc...

Well said such a joy we can talk as mechanics and former military, without the bullshit artist, cluttering up the forums! :)
Sure is. So much nicer.

UAL is not AA.
SWA is not AA.
I can't figure them out. We get screwed over and over. When a drive is going the excuses for not signing are pathetic.
It's not a good time.
We are in negotiations.
Our contract will become voided if we change unions because the TWU negotiated it.
Who does AMFA represent?
AMFA screwed up at NWA.
AMP represents nobody.
AMP has no money.

This last AMP drive we had holdouts from stations that supported changes in representation.

We have many that just want a buyout package so they can leave with some cash. You tell them about a card drive and they will tell you it will delay my early out package.
Do the math without having exact numbers you can see that without title 2 and the IAM guys we wont have enough support. We all complain about how we are getting screwed but won't make an effort to stop the screwing and better ourselves.
Well, I still hope it doesn't stop you from trying.

Well, I still hope it doesn't stop you from trying.
I'm done trying. It's like doing the same thing over and over and expect a positive result. Instead we get the same outcome. That's called insanity. Our guys cry a good line but won't do a damn thing about changing the failures.

I'm done trying. It's like doing the same thing over and over and expect a positive result. Instead we get the same outcome. That's called insanity. Our guys cry a good line but won't do a damn thing about changing the failures.
I understand. Can we all go for one more shot for a betterment for the membership?
This abortion asso. is so pathetic from the get go that I believe It's time for a change.
I really hope you all can do it.

I understand. Can we all go for one more shot for a betterment for the membership?
This abortion asso. is so pathetic from the get go that I believe It's time for a change.
I really hope you all can do it.
It's not up to me. I'm sure someone on this board is better connected to the organizers. Until we crack title 2 and the IAM guys it will end up with the same results.

It's not up to me. I'm sure someone on this board is better connected to the organizers. Until we crack title 2 and the IAM guys it will end up with the same results.

Well title II won't have any reason to support the TWU once this next contract goes through. Might as well take a parting shot at them.

Reactions: swamt
UAL is not AA.
SWA is not AA.
It's not a good time.
We are in negotiations.
Who does AMFA represent?
AMFA screwed up at NWA.
AMP represents nobody.
AMP has no money.

I got almost 100% of the IAM guys to sign AMP cards at DFW.

w

while you're at it can you find someone to raid "fleet svc?" the IAM makes us vomit and the TWU may as well go put on a damn dress
Might be better for you fleet guys to just keep the TWU (not the asso. just TWU) for a union.

I got almost 100% of the IAM guys to sign AMP cards at DFW.
So, would they be willing to sign for AMFA? I kinda understand the resistance to the AMP as they are non-exist as of the moment where as AMFA is up and running as a full blown National already.

Latest posts