Aircraft maint issues

Might be better for you fleet guys to just keep the TWU (not the asso. just TWU) for a union.

I agree but I think that I read somewhere that the TWU can't back out of the Ass. So how could they get an election?

I agree but I think that I read somewhere that the TWU can't back out of the Ass. So how could they get an election?
They can back out or abolish the association. Both International presidents have to voluntarily agree to abolish it. I doubt Sito Pantoja and John Samuelson will commit to financial suicide. The AFL-CIO has a financial interest in it as well. Then you have the IAMPF.

They can back out or abolish the association. Both International presidents have to voluntarily agree to abolish it. I doubt Sito Pantoja and John Samuelson will commit to financial suicide. The AFL-CIO has a financial interest in it as well. Then you have the IAMPF.

Well the TWU could do what they always do. Let the members vote the IAM out then just blame it on the membership. And I'm not a union groupie so help me understand why it would be financial suicide?

What's that about 40 guys?
CLT, PHL, PIT and PHX are the big fish. Title 2 at AA are just not interested.

My point was that those guys are not impressed with their current representation either. The Am West guys were IBT & LUS were IAM, I'm sure there are some lingering issues with both. Title 2 are going bye bye courtesy of their favorite industrial unions. What allegiance to the Association do you suppose title II will have knowing that it was under Association representation _ that their profession was decimated?

Reactions: swamt and 1AA
Well the TWU could do what they always do. Let the members vote the IAM out then just blame it on the membership. And I'm not a union groupie so help me understand why it would be financial suicide?
Someone loses union dues. If the IAM is out the IAMPF contributions stop according to the IAMPF's own rules as I read them a while ago.
If a general election is held and AMFA or AMP gets in both unions and the AFL-CIO lose money.
Financial Suicide. Hope that explains it a bit better. That's why I dont see this dysfunctional lovefest ending soon.

My point was that those guys are not impressed with their current representation either. The Am West guys were IBT & LUS were IAM, I'm sure there are some lingering issues with both. Title 2 are going bye bye courtesy of their favorite industrial unions. What allegiance to the Association do you suppose title II will have knowing that it was under Association representation _ that their profession was decimated?
That’s what they get for trusting the twu. Instead of getting in a union ran by members. They could of done like swa and have there on separate contract .

By the NMB getting rid of the "straw man," do you guys think you can get 50% of Members to write-in their preferred choice? And would you risk not being represented for two years until there is another vote?

By the NMB getting rid of the "straw man," do you guys think you can get 50% of Members to write-in their preferred choice? And would you risk not being represented for two years until there is another vote?
I'm curious what is the new straw man rule?

I'm curious what is the new straw man rule?

Typically, a second option (straw man) was included in the choices on a representational vote. Like TWU, AMFA (the straw man), no union & write-in

The new rules are set to eliminate the straw man and only include the incumbent union, no union and a write-in option.

Whatever the decision, another vote couldn't take place for 2 years.

Yes, since contracts never expire - they simply become amendable. We would self enforce.

NYer is just another ramper trying to give all the reasons why we shouldn't leave, if a drive were to occur and gain traction, the rhetoric would be x1000 by a lot more then just him.

Yes, since contracts never expire - they simply become amendable. We would self enforce.
You mean self help?
If so then self help is allowed after both parties are released from negotiations by the NMB. We are no where near that point and probably won't get there for a while.

Well In my opinion we are not being represented now by the association. I’ll take my chances to get AMFA