Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. 1AA

1AA Veteran

I'm done trying. It's like doing the same thing over and over and expect a positive result. Instead we get the same outcome. That's called insanity. Our guys cry a good line but won't do a damn thing about changing the failures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. lax

lax Advanced

w
    while you're at it can you find someone to raid "fleet svc?" the IAM makes us vomit and the TWU may as well go put on a damn dress

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. swamt

swamt Veteran

I understand. Can we all go for one more shot for a betterment for the membership?
    This abortion asso. is so pathetic from the get go that I believe It's time for a change.
    I really hope you all can do it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. 1AA

1AA Veteran

It's not up to me. I'm sure someone on this board is better connected to the organizers. Until we crack title 2 and the IAM guys it will end up with the same results.

5. Vortilon

Vortilon Veteran

Well title II won't have any reason to support the TWU once this next contract goes through. Might as well take a parting shot at them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Vortilon

Vortilon Veteran

I got almost 100% of the IAM guys to sign AMP cards at DFW.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. 1AA

1AA Veteran

What's that about 40 guys?
    CLT, PHL, PIT and PHX are the big fish. Title 2 at AA are just not interested.

8. swamt

swamt Veteran

Might be better for you fleet guys to just keep the TWU (not the asso. just TWU) for a union.

So, would they be willing to sign for AMFA? I kinda understand the resistance to the AMP as they are non-exist as of the moment where as AMFA is up and running as a full blown National already.

9. lax

lax Advanced

I agree but I think that I read somewhere that the TWU can't back out of the Ass. So how could they get an election?

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

They can back out or abolish the association. Both International presidents have to voluntarily agree to abolish it. I doubt Sito Pantoja and John Samuelson will commit to financial suicide. The AFL-CIO has a financial interest in it as well. Then you have the IAMPF.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. lax

lax Advanced

Well the TWU could do what they always do. Let the members vote the IAM out then just blame it on the membership. And I'm not a union groupie so help me understand why it would be financial suicide?

12. Vortilon

Vortilon Veteran

I am sure they would.

13. Vortilon

Vortilon Veteran

My point was that those guys are not impressed with their current representation either. The Am West guys were IBT & LUS were IAM, I'm sure there are some lingering issues with both. Title 2 are going bye bye courtesy of their favorite industrial unions. What allegiance to the Association do you suppose title II will have knowing that it was under Association representation _ that their profession was decimated?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Someone loses union dues. If the IAM is out the IAMPF contributions stop according to the IAMPF's own rules as I read them a while ago.
    If a general election is held and AMFA or AMP gets in both unions and the AFL-CIO lose money.
    Financial Suicide. Hope that explains it a bit better. That's why I dont see this dysfunctional lovefest ending soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

That’s what they get for trusting the twu. Instead of getting in a union ran by members. They could of done like swa and have there on separate contract .

• Agree Agree x 1