Aircraft maint issues

NYer is just another ramper trying to give all the reasons why we shouldn't leave, if a drive were to occur and gain traction, the rhetoric would be x1000 by a lot more then just him.

If you read the posts you'll see it was a question on how'd you guys would handle it address the change. Someone else asked what the changes were and it was explained.

You guys want to make a move, go ahead. Just wondering how you would handle the new changes and if it was worth the risk as opposed to the current process.

Well In my opinion we are not being represented now by the association. I’ll take my chances to get AMFA

Understand you want to make the move. The question is, do you think you can get 50% of the voting Members to write in AMFA since the new rules would give you that option as an alternative vote. .

The choices would be: Association, no union & write-in. If 50% of the Members don't write in AMFA, then you'll be stuck with the choice that wins for two years before you can vote again.

Understand you want to make the move. The question is, do you think you can get 50% of the voting Members to write in AMFA since the new rules would give you that option as an alternative vote. .

The choices would be: Association, no union & write-in. If 50% of the Members don't write in AMFA, then you'll be stuck with the choice that wins for two years before you can vote again.
Assuming the new rules will go into effect. They are still discussing them and most unions are against the proposed changes the NMB wants to make.

https://www.afacwa.org/nmb_decertification

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily...-union-decertification-eased-under-proposal-1

Last edited:
Assuming the new rules will go into effect. They are still discussing them and most unions are against the proposed changes the NMB wants to make.

https://www.afacwa.org/nmb_decertification

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily...-union-decertification-eased-under-proposal-1

Sure the unions are against it. They had their say in April and it's now going to DC for the next phase.

If finalized, what are the thoughts? It is probable to get 50% to write in the union of choice? What if no union wins?

I guess we would lose the piss poor representation we currently have! :)

That's a given.

Is it possible to get 50% of Members to write-in the replacement of choice? Is the "no union" choice preferred to the Association?

That's a given.

Is it possible to get 50% of Members to write-in the replacement of choice? Is the "no union" choice preferred to the Association?

Anything's possible. But highly unlikely.

Remember, you can't fix stupid. That's why we're in this situation.

In my opinion, yes, I would prefer "no union" to this abominable Association.

I agree but I think that I read somewhere that the TWU can't back out of the Ass. So how could they get an election?

They can back out or abolish the association. Both International presidents have to voluntarily agree to abolish it. I doubt Sito Pantoja and John Samuelson will commit to financial suicide. The AFL-CIO has a financial interest in it as well. Then you have the IAMPF.
Well then, that's their own damn fault then. Time to fire them both for all groups involved, bring in AMFA for the mechs., and maybe the teamsters or CWA or any other union for the other groups. At this point, ladies and gentlemen, any union would be better than this abortion asso. representing you guys.
As far as them (TWU&IAM) not being "allowed" to venture off on their own to represent different groups, that's their own rules. Now the removal of both is in order just to make changes within the top leadership, so be it, start the drives folks or keep them for life, your choices, and you all are the ones that have to live with it or them.

Typically, a second option (straw man) was included in the choices on a representational vote. Like TWU, AMFA (the straw man), no union & write-in

The new rules are set to eliminate the straw man and only include the incumbent union, no union and a write-in option.

Whatever the decision, another vote couldn't take place for 2 years.
Some added info needed here. The two years you speak of is after an attempt has been made. Just like AMFA did last time with the mechanics. This is why you mechanics need to get unified in whom you all want to represent you or it will delay delay and delay again. Get enough cards for AMFA, don't write in TWU or IAM as they are not eligible per their own rules and regs. Pretty sure the mechanics know better than to write in Teamsters, that would be suicidal, just ask Horizon and UAL as well as SWA mechanics. Don't write in AMP if you get enough cards for AMFA. The bottom line is you mechanics need to get unified on WHO you want to represent you, THEN start collecting cards like mad.