Aircraft maint issues

Understand you want to make the move. The question is, do you think you can get 50% of the voting Members to write in AMFA since the new rules would give you that option as an alternative vote. .

The choices would be: Association, no union & write-in. If 50% of the Members don't write in AMFA, then you'll be stuck with the choice that wins for two years before you can vote again.
No sir. Wrong. If the mechanics collect enough cards, (which they have to do to have an election) Then there would be an election to have and on that election ballots would be AMFA, Asso., no union and write-in. Trust me, the asso., nor TWU or IAM will call for any election all on their own just to have an election. There would have to be cards collected to trigger an election. Whatever union that would be that collects enough cards, that said union would be on the ballots along with the other options.

That's a given.

Is it possible to get 50% of Members to write-in the replacement of choice? Is the "no union" choice preferred to the Association?
Stop the scare tactics NYer. It's NOT a given. They won't have to write-in a union by 50% because if they collect cards for say AMFA, then AMFA will be one of the choices. There has to a card collection in order to trigger an election, hellooooo.

Christmas 2019?
The only way by 2019 X-mas will be if the judge forces a vote or the asso. gets really scared of a fine and they agree to bring it out. However, that doesn't guarantee a yes vote either, just that there will be a vote if triggered either way.

Stop the scare tactics NYer. It's NOT a given. They won't have to write-in a union by 50% because if they collect cards for say AMFA, then AMFA will be one of the choices. There has to a card collection in order to trigger an election, hellooooo.
He’s a twu guy there good with lies and scare tactics. Another in fleet service who dose not want us mechanics to split from the association

Reactions: swamt
Let me update you guys on the AMFA card drive at AA.

There isn't one.

Why all the what if chatter? When someone can positively come up with a way to get the IAM guys and Title 2 guys to sign cards for replacement of our current representation then a card drive will have a better chance on succeeding. Until then it's all a pipe dream.

Some added info needed here. The two years you speak of is after an attempt has been made. Just like AMFA did last time with the mechanics. This is why you mechanics need to get unified in whom you all want to represent you or it will delay delay and delay again. Get enough cards for AMFA, don't write in TWU or IAM as they are not eligible per their own rules and regs. Pretty sure the mechanics know better than to write in Teamsters, that would be suicidal, just ask Horizon and UAL as well as SWA mechanics. Don't write in AMP if you get enough cards for AMFA. The bottom line is you mechanics need to get unified on WHO you want to represent you, THEN start collecting cards like mad.
Swampy I have to admit AMFA proved me wrong, and that's because we do not have the Northwest AMFA. We control AMFA, if you guys want to control your own destiny, make the change.

No sir. Wrong. If the mechanics collect enough cards, (which they have to do to have an election) Then there would be an election to have and on that election ballots would be AMFA, Asso., no union and write-in. Trust me, the asso., nor TWU or IAM will call for any election all on their own just to have an election. There would have to be cards collected to trigger an election. Whatever union that would be that collects enough cards, that said union would be on the ballots along with the other options.

They're in the process of changing those rules, the "straw man" will be eliminated and another union will not be on the ballot. It would only include the incumbent, no union and a write-in option.

Last edited:
They can back out or abolish the association. Both International presidents have to voluntarily agree to abolish it. I doubt Sito Pantoja and John Samuelson will commit to financial suicide. The AFL-CIO has a financial interest in it as well. Then you have the IAMPF.

Ok got it! thx

He’s a twu guy there good with lies and scare tactics. Another in fleet service who dose not want us mechanics to split from the association
I know. That's why I will correct him. He's on a mission just like the others that have tried.
If I were fleet I would want you mechanics to split form the asso. either. Where else would I get my bumps in pay, bene's, and QOL issues if there are no mechanics in this fleet mainly contract, to take concessions so myself and all my fellow fleet boys can increase ours???

Let me update you guys on the AMFA card drive at AA.

There isn't one.

Why all the what if chatter? When someone can positively come up with a way to get the IAM guys and Title 2 guys to sign cards for replacement of our current representation then a card drive will have a better chance on succeeding. Until then it's all a pipe dream.
Not saying here that there is a crd drive. Also not saying that there is not. I do know of some AA mechanics are in fact getting ready and even two are starting to collect. We will all know when the full blown card drive in in action.
You ask why 1AA? It would be way better to prepare and be ready, than to sit and miss the boat again on a whim. PRO-active...

They're in the process of changing those rules, the "straw man" will be eliminated and another union will not be on the ballot. It would only include the incumbent, no union and a write-in option.
You must have just missed my first sentence by accident. IF any union collects enough cards, that said union will be on the ballot, period. Stop trying to spread misinformation. We could care less of the straw man issue until it is brought into law by NMB.

You must have just missed my first sentence by accident. IF any union collects enough cards, that said union will be on the ballot, period. Stop trying to spread misinformation. We could care less of the straw man issue until it is brought into law by NMB.

That's not how the proposed rule change reads. There choice of a new union would be write-in only. The decertification of a union, under the RLA, Would no longer have the choice of the straw man.

Not saying here that there is a crd drive. Also not saying that there is not. I do know of some AA mechanics are in fact getting ready and even two are starting to collect. We will all know when the full blown card drive in in action.
You ask why 1AA? It would be way better to prepare and be ready, than to sit and miss the boat again on a whim. PRO-active...
No drive going on. The AMP drive fizzled out because we underestimated the USAIR guys interest and as usual the Title 2 guys are in the wind. Many guy that signed in the past refused for several reasons. The most common reason was we are so close to a JCBA and they feel a drive would delay and reset negotiations from the beginning. So now how close are we? Since then our contract became amenable and the company filed for mediation the day after it did. Mediation was slower than negotiations were before. Now the company has sued the association and a TRO has been issued due to an alleged job action from certain stations on certain shifts. We are further apart now than we were last year when the excuses for not signing cards were used. Like I said there is currently no AMFA card drive and the AMP drive ended.

No drive going on. The AMP drive fizzled out because we underestimated the USAIR guys interest and as usual the Title 2 guys are in the wind. Many guys that signed in the past refused for several reasons. The most common reason was we are so close to a JCBA and they feel a drive would delay and reset negotiations from the beginning. So now how close are we? Since then our contract became amenable and the company filed for mediation the day after it did. Mediation was slower than negotiations were before. Now the company has sued the association and a TRO has been issued due to an alleged job action from certain stations on certain shifts. We are further apart now than we were last year when the excuses for not signing cards were used. Like I said there is currently no AMFA card drive and the AMP drive ended.

It is going to take a younger generation to step up and participate, not just sign a card.