Aircraft maint issues

No drive going on. The AMP drive fizzled out because we underestimated the USAIR guys interest and as usual the Title 2 guys are in the wind. Many guy that signed in the past refused for several reasons. The most common reason was we are so close to a JCBA and they feel a drive would delay and reset negotiations from the beginning. So now how close are we? Since then our contract became amenable and the company filed for mediation the day after it did. Mediation was slower than negotiations were before. Now the company has sued the association and a TRO has been issued due to an alleged job action from certain stations on certain shifts. We are further apart now than we were last year when the excuses for not signing cards were used. Like I said there is currently no AMFA card drive and the AMP drive ended.
And like I said 1AA, not saying there is and not saying there isn't a card drive. There are mechanics at AA collecting AMFA signed cards, this I assure you.

And like I said 1AA, not saying there is and not saying there isn't a card drive. There are mechanics at AA collecting AMFA signed cards, this I assure you.
I’ll sign one it only takes a second. What we need to do is inform the uninformed the twu lies. We need to put as much efforts into it like the twu loyal come on here and other sites with there lies and misinformation. I would be willing to do it but having my 11th surgery in 5 years on Friday and will be laid up a while . I hope some of the new guys take over and get this done .

I’ll sign one it only takes a second. What we need to do is inform the uninformed the twu lies. We need to put as much efforts into it like the twu loyal come on here and other sites with there lies and misinformation. I would be willing to do it but having my 11th surgery in 5 years on Friday and will be laid up a while . I hope some of the new guys take over and get this done .
Yes sir. And can only hope they do take over.
Hope you recover well brother, good luck with your recovery. Any PT involved?

If you say so.
I know so buddy. You really should get more involved with what is going on at your airline within your mechanics group as well as other cities and stations and what they are doing. AMFA is contacted all the time about drives and cards are still going out.
If you really want to take the stand and attitude of " If you say so" to me, then so be it, you obviously are left in the dark for some reason.

I know so buddy. You really should get more involved with what is going on at your airline within your mechanics group as well as other cities and stations and what they are doing. AMFA is contacted all the time about drives and cards are still going out.
If you really want to take the stand and attitude of " If you say so" to me, then so be it, you obviously are left in the dark for some reason.
I'm done with card drives. Like I said if the USAir guys and title 2 won't come onboard then it's a waste of time. Perhaps you can come over and get cards signed. Just a thought.

I would not use the term "left in the dark". There are are many that only sign a card and believe they are finished. These card signers are also those which are always wanting information but rely on you to get it. Either they won't or actually, don't know how to take the next step for themselves. This condition is most likely an everyday occurrence.

I'm done with card drives. Like I said if the USAir guys and title 2 won't come onboard then it's a waste of time. Perhaps you can come over and get cards signed. Just a thought.
Already have. Again, you need to get better informed.

I would not use the term "left in the dark". There are are many that only sign a card and believe they are finished. These card signers are also those which are always wanting information but rely on you to get it. Either they won't or actually, don't know how to take the next step for themselves. This condition is most likely an everyday occurrence.
Agree with you here.
The term you are referring to is called "spoon feeding" and yes, it's because most are too lazy to seek their own information and the unions thrive on this in order to spread fear, scare tactics and misinformation in order to stop people from signing cards for another union.
Pretty sad how most mechanics are educated enough to work on multi-million and hundreds of millions of dollar aircraft but are too stupid to attain and retain their own information. It is just beyond me how they seem to let that happen so easily.

Already have. Again, you need to get better informed.
I can if I wanted too. I've done many drives in 30 years. Times change but the excuses don't. When the guys I work with do not see a problem or are unwilling to better themselves what's the point? Let the new generation of AMT'S take the lead. If they see a problem then that's good. The USAIR guys won't sign. That's a big road block for us at AA. So let them and the new hires figure it out. I'm looking at retirement inside of 5 years. I doubt a successful drive will happen and a contract under that new union will be in my future. Unfortunately if and when we get a JCBA that will be my last contract. There is a possibility that the next contract won't happen for me and many others in my age group if these shenanigans continue between the Association, AA, NMB and the courts.

I can if I wanted too. I've done many drives in 30 years. Times change but the excuses don't. When the guys I work with do not see a problem or are unwilling to better themselves what's the point? Let the new generation of AMT'S take the lead. If they see a problem then that's good. The USAIR guys won't sign. That's a big road block for us at AA. So let them and the new hires figure it out. I'm looking at retirement inside of 5 years. I doubt a successful drive will happen and a contract under that new union will be in my future. Unfortunately if and when we get a JCBA that will be my last contract. There is a possibility that the next contract won't happen for me and many others in my age group if these shenanigans continue between the Association, AA, NMB and the courts.
The Association was formed just to avoid raids, and collect dues. If the mechanics don't care, it's like,me arguing with Democrats, I will not change their minds. Good luck.

Gotcha, you are over and out. Enough said. Too bad. But have a good retirement.

A bit curious about this sick leave policy.
Were or are the mechanics in NYC having problems with the company on sick leave issues?
I would think that the union would have stepped in and sued the company, so why haven't they?? Maybe you guys should be represented by the NYC city union???

NYC Sues American Airlines Over Employee Sick Leave
All of us TWU represented mechanics get screwed on sick days. It's not just New York. We get half pay for a sick day and the union has let this happen for years.

The Association was formed just to avoid raids, and collect dues. If the mechanics don't care, it's like,me arguing with Democrats, I will not change their minds. Good luck.
Company makes record profits and the Association's two unions continue to make money in union dues. The AFL-CIO continues to collect dues. Why rock the boat?
Things are great for all of them and the TWU members are the losers. The IAM members have it better than the TWU. If you ask yourself why so long to get a JCBA read what I just posted. All the updates and videos and lawsuits and TRO's coming from both sides is a smoke screen. The money keeps rolling in for AA and the TWU/IAM association.