Aircraft maint issues

I agree. But trust me, the co. better be willing to move as well. If not, and the union has shown movement, the NMB will come down hard on the co. And vise versa. If co. willing to move, and union doesn't, NMB will come down hard on union. We have seen it first hand thru our nego's. You guys are in the exact same boat. Stay afloat boys, keep your life jackets on, or in weezals case, floaties on the arms, LOL...

The Company has spent over a year showing how they've moved. Remember when they had the Mediator join the talks as observers before Section 6?

What do you think that was about? Their initial position was shared. They modified that position, publicly in March 2018, then moved again in May 2018. They will certainly move in the compensation phase, but the movement the NMB will be looking for is will mostly be on the Association side.

They use the industry as a comparator and that is to the Company's advantage.

The Company has spent over a year showing how they've moved. Remember when they had the Mediator join the talks as observers before Section 6?

What do you think that was about? Their initial position was shared. They modified that position, publicly in March 2018, then moved again in May 2018. They will certainly move in the compensation phase, but the movement the NMB will be looking for is will mostly be on the Association side.

Yea, the company moved in negotiations. They moved more work to outside vendors and South America.

A status meeting to see if the Association is willing to move. If they are then we should see dates.

If they decide they will hold out as they speak the expected decision from the Judge we may be more time before another session if scheduled. In the meantime, there will be a hearing on holding the Association in contempt and the proposals may start to go backwards.
New Yorker, the mediator will size everyone up, and probably try to move both sides. The biggest motivation for the Association, is how hard the Judge will be, and what it will cost them!

New Yorker, the mediator will size everyone up, and probably try to move both sides. The biggest motivation for the Association, is how hard the Judge will be, and what it will cost them!

I'm sure that's what everyone hopes. Most of the movement at this point 80% of it will come from Association. It'll be in Scope, Medical and the Pension. The Company will move a little in compensation and maybe a few trinkets in Scope, like the brake riding and tow crews.

It seems clear the NMB has asked and expects more from the Association. The modified TRO, the Injunction and possibly a contempt order will pressure that expected movement.

How many more overhaul mechanics are needed in TULE this week? (62)

I guess S. America can't keep up!

NMB won't pressure the company as much as the Association.
Not exactly true. They did in our case. Not saying your mediators will or will not, but our two mediators did apply pressures to both sides. Mediators really can't force anything, the sides take their suggestions respectfully as "they" (the mediators) set the meeting times and dates. But then again why would the mediators be in any kind of hurry. None of the outcomes ever affect them in any way or form.

I agree with you that the co. has shown and will more than likely point this out in their time frame after meeting with the asso. side in the am.
I hope the co. does move on compensation and you guys can get over our rates.
Also agree that it is time for the asso. to move and more so than the co. and this very well may be why the mediators are meeting with the asso. first then the co. Since co. was the moving the most first, it's now time to see how the asso. will react. This way if asso. doesn't move, there is no reason to meet with the co.
Hoping the mechanics set a new bar with the payrates as promised by Parker, 7% above the industry leader, but they will more than likely only offer 3% above.

How many more overhaul mechanics are needed in TULE this week? (62)

I guess S. America can't keep up!
Could it be they are bringing in new hires to vote yes? Or is Tulsa really that short on mechanics??
Hope you guys get your agreement soon...

Could it be they are bringing in new hires to vote yes? Or is Tulsa really that short on mechanics??
Hope you guys get your agreement soon...
Bring in new guys, then old guys and new guys vote yes on a early out. Head count is stable until the layoffs come with a new JCBA. So the old timers got what they wanted and the company gets there's in layoffs of new hires. What's left?

I just moved up two positions in seniority, which means there is a small percentage of mechanics leaving from the top. Yes as of today there are 62 positions open for A&P Mechanics in Tulsa. It's best that I speak from the term "Rumor" which says that 250 more mechanics are going to be hired in Tulsa. The 787 is to be in Tulsa this fall/winter for a check. I do not know what level and any other details. One statement from a union representative is that about 800 mechanics are scheduled for training which would begin to allow for the answer as to the type of check and or the number of aircraft. ( Note: the engine for the 787 is the GEnx-1B ) I was told that the engine is not meeting its wing time.

Tim has anyone ever told you that you act like an immature, attention seeking, five year old?

You speak of accomplishments?

I have never seen you list any accomplishments sir.

In fact the only thing I have ever seen you do is prey on the dissatisfied while offering unrealistic solutions. You are a born politician.

Most of them are arrogant, self important, attention seeking, neurotics to.

:)

Have a nice day Mr. Genius.