Aircraft maint issues

Could it be they are bringing in new hires to vote yes? Or is Tulsa really that short on mechanics??
Hope you guys get your agreement soon...
Tulsa is way over maned but they are mostly senior citizens. The amount of handicapped parking spots are rediculess. Rows and rows of them. The new hires are probably going to be replacements for the upcoming tidal wave of retirements.

Think Obamacare.
Are you speaking of the ACA that republicans talked 7 years about repealing but didn’t do when they had the power. Not even a plan to replace it.

Deficit is at a trillion dollars under a republican controlled budget and again for the next 2 years with a republican president. With a great economy Obama had trillion dollar deficits during the Great Recession

Tulsa is way over maned but they are mostly senior citizens. The amount of handicapped parking spots are rediculess. Rows and rows of them. The new hires are probably going to be replacements for the upcoming tidal wave of retirements.

I see. That would make sense. Maybe co. is getting ready for a vote. They know something is fixin to change within nego's and possibly a vote on an agreement soon. You know, just like when SWA finally really wanted to get a deal done. So maybe AA is wanting to get a deal done. When the companies are really ready to come to an agreement is when the members will get something to look and vote on.

I see. That would make sense. Maybe co. is getting ready for a vote. They know something is fixin to change within nego's and possibly a vote on an agreement soon. You know, just like when SWA finally really wanted to get a deal done. So maybe AA is wanting to get a deal done. When the companies are really ready to come to an agreement is when the members will get something to look and vote on.

As long as we are stuck in the association the iam is in the drivers seat from the union negotiating committees stand point. With equal veto power they can just keep shaking their head no and stomp their feet. And snicker.

Are you speaking of the ACA that republicans talked 7 years about repealing but didn’t do when they had the power. Not even a plan to replace it.

Deficit is at a trillion dollars under a republican controlled budget and again for the next 2 years with a republican president. With a great economy Obama had trillion dollar deficits during the Great Recession
I am not interested in replacing it.

It was a bad idea to start with.

I don't wish to replace it with another bad idea.

Only if they can offer an early out that screws over the "left behinds".

11 days to go until NMB meets with union and AA separately to see if there is any reason for negotiations to be scheduled.

I wander if Samuelson is done teaching AA a lesson. Here’s the reason we need one union, say if AA and twu title 1 come to an agreement, the IAM can say no. The twu ramp can say no, the iam ramp can say no.

I just moved up two positions in seniority, which means there is a small percentage of mechanics leaving from the top. Yes as of today there are 62 positions open for A&P Mechanics in Tulsa. It's best that I speak from the term "Rumor" which says that 250 more mechanics are going to be hired in Tulsa. The 787 is to be in Tulsa this fall/winter for a check. I do not know what level and any other details. One statement from a union representative is that about 800 mechanics are scheduled for training which would begin to allow for the answer as to the type of check and or the number of aircraft. ( Note: the engine for the 787 is the GEnx-1B ) I was told that the engine is not meeting its wing time.
Our Leap 7Bs, before the Max was grounded were not going to meet their Wing Time. G.E. has changed the fuel Nozzles, and is increasing the fuel pressure to prevent the Cokeing of the nozzles. Also they are adding extra chip detectors to the gear box to pick up debris, to detect gear box problems.

11 days to go until NMB meets with union and AA separately to see if there is any reason for negotiations to be scheduled.

I wander if Samuelson is done teaching AA a lesson. Here’s the reason we need one union, say if AA and twu title 1 come to an agreement, the IAM can say no. The twu ramp can say no, the iam ramp can say no.
He's got his hands full. Why in the world would the TWU International let this guy get involved in the air transport division when he has to deal with his own MTA labor issues?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/nyregion/cuomo-transit-workers-union-mta.html

Looking sharp el presidente!

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 5.48.09 PM.png

Surprisingly quiet from the Judge. Thought we would have heard something by mid week. Maybe the Judge is planning a hit and run by releasing it all on Fri. late afternoon then call it a day so to avoid all the emails, contacts and phone calls. I bet the co. already knows what's coming if this is the case. Tomorrow actually marks 1st full week in Aug. so might go into next week as the Judge did say 1st or second week.

Of course someone averaging 114 hrs of overtime every week for a year is Fraud and the union Organized Crime goons support it! Samuelsen is a 100% NY Mafioso. .

If these folks were real organized crime goons there'd be a few folks off this board,,,,,,, missing.

Samuelson did more damage to our negotiations. I realize we were at a standstill in negotiations, but threatening the company is not the way you accomplish your goal. Now we are waiting on a judge to possibly side with the company. I for one know if the company wins the lawsuit that the association does not have the money to pay a hefty fine. We will have a contract by Christmas 2019!

Latest posts