Aircraft maint issues

Not shifting at all. As you say, they hand in hand.

Historically, the Democratic party has been friendlier to Labor issues and had helped with positive legislation. Your conflict with the unions supporting the party that better supports Labor is a conflict with your personal beliefs. Unfortunately, unionism and their attempt to gain support is contradicted in your choice of Party support.

Really can't a robust union climate without legislative support. Unfortunately that support is in conflict with your choice of Party. Either you want a strong union foundation or you want your Party. Can't really have those two things thriving at the same time.
Hate to tell you N.Y. the Democrats left labor workers along time ago. With the Affordable care act, they managed to take hard negotiating health care that unions got and trash it, because those are Cadillac plans. With the open borders no holds barred on illegal immigration they will bankrupt corporate America, with all their free bullshit, then what kind of contracts will they get. We both work for an Airline, aircraft are the enemy, wait till they get their carbon taxes, that will help you get a good contract. Last but not least there is your Association that continues to enrich the AFL/CIO that enriches the Democratic party with their job killing legislation. Just look what their legislation did to the coal industry. Nothing but lip service why they steal out of your pocket to help people who are not even citizens.

Unions aren't detrimental.
Are you going to sit there and deny that teachers UNIONs have become more focused on indoctrination than education?

Come on NYer, I know you are smarter than that.

If you are truly oblivious to that I can only conclude it is willful because I know you are not that dense.

That being said I support UNIONs but I do not support them being politically polarized toward liberal agendas (especially public UNIONs) that have nothing to do with labor. In my opinion that is no better than money laundering. It is a fraud against the membership. It is also detrimental to the airline mechanic class and craft when a UNION loses it's focus. Which of course is why I feel the topic is very relevant to the thread page.

Last edited:
Hate to tell you N.Y. the Democrats left labor workers along time ago. With the Affordable care act, they managed to take hard negotiating health care that unions got and trash it, because those are Cadillac plans. With the open borders no holds barred on illegal immigration they will bankrupt corporate America, with all their free bullshit, then what kind of contracts will they get. We both work for an Airline, aircraft are the enemy, wait till they get their carbon taxes, that will help you get a good contract. Last but not least there is your Association that continues to enrich the AFL/CIO that enriches the Democratic party with their job killing legislation. Just look what their legislation did to the coal industry. Nothing but lip service why they steal out of your pocket to help people who are not even citizens.
You know B737 driver, it absolutely amazes me that the majority of the general public has not tumbled to the truth of why the government is pushing "climate change" and "green energy" so hard. They have been so snowed by an oversaturation of propaganda, social engineering, and misinformation they can't even see the obvious right in front of their foolish little faces. The result of a conditioned mind that has all but lost critical thinking skill. The funniest part of all, the cherry on top of the sundae, is these people fancy themselves as "intellectuals".

I would laugh at the collective foolishness if it was not so pathetic, sad, and dangerous.

Look at the effectiveness of the snow job we are seeing on these pages. The old Democrats good, Republicans bad mantra. They truly believe, most without question, that the Democrats have their best interest at heart, even though the Democrats have basically sold out the American worker in favor of the illegal immigrant based on population projections. Again, the proof is obvious, readily available, and TOTALLY IGNORED. Again, the result of a conditioned mind. They choose to accept induced idealism over the reality, even if the reality is very obviously self destructive.

You don't belong to a UNION Nyer. The left co-opted your UNION long ago. The UNION is no longer serving it's purpose (which is why you have so many dissatisfied posters on this forum). You belong to a propaganda spewing, political funding machine. One where that funding is compulsory.

Those are examples of things that aren't related to Labor which are used to support Republicans and to go against Democrats.

However, direct Labor legislation is the antithesis of the GOP, as the changes in the NLRB and the NMB clearly points us towards.

If anyone wants to support Republicans then that is up to them but at least be honest about why. You may support some or all of their agenda but that also means the interests of Labor protections isn't high on that priority list.

Are you going to sit there and deny that teachers UNIONs have become more focused on indoctrination than education?

Come on NYer, I know you are smarter than that.

If you are truly oblivious to that I can only conclude it is willful because I know you are not that dense.

That being said I support UNIONs but I do not support them being politically polarized toward liberal agendas (especially public UNIONs) that have nothing to do with labor. In my opinion that is no better than money laundering. It is a fraud against the membership. It is also detrimental to the airline mechanic class and craft when a UNION loses it's focus. Which of course is why I feel the topic is very relevant to the thread page.

On Labor issues, the Democratic party has been less harmful that the Republican party. As time passes, Labor is losing their political clout which makes it harder for us to get favorable legislative assistance.

You can be against the Liberal priorities, that's your right. In doing so, you're supporting the ideals and the Party that may have your ideals as a priority but you also need to honest with yourself and realize that Party is against organized Labor.

That's fine if that's your choice, but don't pretend the Republicans care about Labor.

There will be movement, there will be a vote (not endorsed)...the Association does not want to be sued out of existence...pretty simple.
I hope so. Let the membership decide. Our first one was shot down overwhelming. Second offer was overwhelmingly accepted by 96%. Hope you all can get an agreement on the first one, but we will see how far the asso. moves in order to get that chance. That could change some yes votes over to the no column, we will see, good luck...

Those are examples of things that aren't related to Labor which are used to support Republicans and to go against Democrats.
No NYer. Those are examples of things UNIONs fund that are not related to labor. That was the whole point. Did that go over your head or do you just not want to accept the reality of it? That is not just me being snarky, that is a serious question because, it seems you are willfully ignoring the obvious.

If anyone wants to support Republicans then that is up to them but at least be honest about why. You may support some or all of their agenda but that also means the interests of Labor protections isn't high on that priority list.

Democrats good, Republicans bad, and only the stupid would support the bad. Same tired mantra the UNIONs have been pushing for years.

Can you give me some examples of what the Democrat has done for working people over the last 30 years?

I can give you a LONG list of what they have done to support the illegal and the welfare crowd. A VERY LONG list. A VERY VERY LONG list.

On Labor issues, the Democratic party has been less harmful that the Republican party.
So now they are just less harmful........ wow.

You would think with all that money your UNION pumps into their liberal agendas they could do a bit better than "less harmful".

As time passes, Labor is losing their political clout which makes it harder for us to get favorable legislative assistance.
Labor HAD political clout in spite of the government, not because of them.

You can be against the Liberal priorities, that's your right. In doing so, you're supporting the ideals and the Party that may have your ideals as a priority but you also need to honest with yourself and realize that Party is against organized Labor.
Again, organized labor made themselves a target when they lost their focus and became a money laundering scheme for the Democrats.

I support a focused UNION. I do not support an entity that calls itself a UNION but really only exist to fund political agendas. They can do that brother.

That's fine if that's your choice, but don't pretend the Republicans care about Labor.
Don't pretend Democrats care about labor.

Even if they are "less harmful". :D

Last edited:
No NYer. Those are examples of things UNIONs fund that are not related to labor. That was the whole point. Did that go over your head or do you just not want to accept the reality of it? That is not just me being snarky, that is a serious question because, it seems you are willfully ignoring the obvious.

Really can't support part of an agenda. It is the entire agenda since politicians represent a wide array of people. In order to support those that better support Labor we have no choice but to also help support their other priorities, but doing so indirectly.

Same as Republicans, many supporters of the current Administration Lynne some of the things he's doing, but they don't like done others. In order to get what they like they'd have to tolerate the stuff they don't.

The Democrats better represent the union priorities and that support also comes with other tangible positions on other issues. Can't separate them.

Democrats good, Republicans bad, and only the stupid would support the bad. Same tired mantra the UNIONs have been pushing for years.

Can you give me some examples of what the Democrat has done for working people over the last 30 years?

I can give you a LONG list of what they have done to support the illegal and the welfare crowd. A VERY LONG list. A VERY VERY LONG list.

The issues your being up are outside of the Labor support and move over more towards the social agenda.

My point being, in order for unions to be able to have support of legislators they tend to support the Party that better supports pro-labor legislation. With that comes other things that maybe individual Members don't support but those things aren't the focus.

If you're priority is against the social safety net then in turn your support goes to the Party that agrees with that, but that support also brings positions that tend to be against unions. That's a choice you have individually.

As a collective, the support is for the pro-labor position and that's traditionally been though Democrat hands.

You would think with all that money your UNION pumps into their liberal agendas they could do a bit better than "less harmful".

Again, organized labor made themselves a target when they lost their focus and became a money laundering scheme for the Democrats.

I support a focused UNION. I do not support an entity that calls itself a UNION but really only exist to fund political agendas. They can do that brother.

Don't pretend Democrats care about labor.

Even if they are "less harmful". :D
There you go again, instead of agreeing to the obvious, i.e., democrats have been less harmful for Labor, you act like a moron. Look, the democrats suck. They have mostly lost their minds but they have kicked butt for Labor Organizations.
NYer +1
LuLicukoo -1

The reality is that the country is split and Union households are diminishing in numbers. That also diminishes clout.

Spoke to a Republican Congressman that has Liberal tendencies locally but supports the Republican agenda in Washington.

He told me that today's reality holds that union members are losing their political clout because our Members tend to vote a third Democrat, a third Republican and a third don't vote.

During the union hey days, we had strength in numbers and we had the political clout to have laws changed to our benefit. That's no longer the case.

That more than anything else has given corporations the ability to lower the union numbers throughout the country and with that the support we used to enjoy.

Latest posts