Aircraft maint issues

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Feb 15, 2017.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

They have T/A'd that article. Just no info on the changes within that article, as usual.

That wasn't me saying that they must comply. That was an asso update where the leader said they must comply at the end of his update.

2. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

I knew what you meant. :D

3. Matt1200

Matt1200 Senior

Contract right around the corner!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. swamt

swamt Veteran

I know ya did LuLu. Just the way you posted it looked as if I said that quote. No harm just clarifying.

5. swamt

swamt Veteran

Not too sure about that with these bigg 5 items still wide open. And scope includes outsourcing. Note the asso also called them all "major" items, meaning they will take the most time to get T/A'ed out of the entire contract. I really don't see a contract right around the corner. I do see nego dates being set but it will take some time to T/A the articles still open.

"The Association also impressed on the Board that there are still five major issues that need to be resolved: Scope, Wages, Profit Sharing, Medical and Retirement. The Board Members asked follow-up questions about these open issues. Our responses made it crystal clear to the Board that we are willing to negotiate anytime, anywhere."

6. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

When the ASS is fined multi millions of dollars those issues will be resolved very quickly!

jmho!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. swamt

swamt Veteran

Even if they get fined. Just because the Judge ordered the Permanent RO, does not mean a fine is eminent. It must be proven without any doubt, I see way to much doubt as does the company in their testimony in the first trial. I have provided the para where SVP Seymour states the obvious...

American wants mechanics to pay for flight cancellations. Will it work?

"American is seeking to prove its case through statistics. When cross-examined by union counsel during the July 1 trial, David Seymour, American’s senior vice president – Integrated Operations, said he couldn't point to a single mechanic who has engaged in a slowdown because American looks at its data on a macro level."

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Can the repair be validated?

Was procedure followed?

If the aircraft were not repaired was there a potential for mechanical or electronic failure that would negatively impact the aircraft during flight?

If any of these are true the Association should tell the company to piss off.

If the company cared anything about maintenance or passenger safety they would not have sent our aircraft to a third party that did not even bolt the damn seats down properly. Maybe the Association should have the company take a look at that.

In fact you guys should start cataloging ALL the repairs you have had to..... repair (you are literally repairing the repair.... get it) and demonstrate to the judge the companies history of taking delivery of low quality maintenance work among third party MRO's in their effort to save a buck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. swamt

swamt Veteran

Good and valid points.
    So here we are 7 days after the status meeting and still nothing from the NMB. Asso. said the NMB would be contacting them this week with the future dates. I don't see anything being set this month, but the holidays are creeping up quickly too. The mediators are apparently not happy with the "status" meetings results. There was nothing in the asso update that indicated that they were willing to move. Just stated that they were ready to meet anytime, anywhere. The NMB was looking for movement indications NOT when can you meet. Morons are still handling nego's we see...

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

All this talk makes it kind of difficult to believe we will vote on anything. The association promised a vote in writing that we would have a say in representation. What makes any of us think we will vote on a JCBA if one is coming? No credibility from the association and the company wants head reductions during record profits in the entire US commercial aviation sector. It's all against past practices from both sides that we are fighting to just keep what we have and not push for the best contract in the industry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. TWU informer

TWU informer Veteran

It is really a simple fix

SIGN CARDS
    LEAVE ASSOCIATION, IAM, TWU, and FLEET SERVICE

Mechanic and Related Status and Future will Immediately Improve

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  12. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Was that even necessary?

13. swamt

swamt Veteran

Let's get er done!!!

Yes. It is necessary until it is done. That simple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

It is already implied if you want a mechanic's UNION that Fleet Service would not be a part of that. Calling out Fleet Service specifically reeks of disdain, was a base comment, and was not necessary.

I understand you have a goal but why alienate your coworkers in the pursuit?

TWU Informer has a history of making disparaging comments about Fleet Service only to apologize later for his lack of focus after I pointed out that Fleet Service Clerks are just a bunch of clock punching front line employees that have very little influence or control over the TWU.

It is a good thing he is passionate and angry but that anger needs to be surgically focused not used as a club.

I mean, is it really Fleet Service you have an issue with or the way the TWU/Association leverages them?

Please really consider what I have said before you reply.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Won't happen.
    Title 2 wont sign. USAIR guys won't sign. That's the hard truth. Thank goodness I'm going to retire soon. That's the only positive thing I'm looking forward too being represented by this dysfunctional dueling unions. They are both fighting to keep head counts or should I say union dues.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1