Aircraft maint issues

With the new week upon us, this coming thursday will be the third week since status meeting with the NMB, and still no dates are set.
You know, it would be nice if they are waiting for the Judges final ruling and fines or whatever, to at least give the respect of notifying the membership...

Reactions: bigjets
If the LAA did an AMFA card drive, it doesn’t matter what the LUS mechs did since they’re IAM, and we are represented by 2 unions. (Unbelievably this goes against one voice) So it could turn out that the association would be IAM/AMFA.

Am I right in that thought?

Might as well do a card drive since from what I hear from union guys is that AA won’t meet with ass again until after the lawsuit is settled which could be years. Of course when has a union official given accurate info.

Well, another holiday at straight time. But never fear, the union has our back, they're giving us food again.
I get your point, but I think you are mistaken about straight time for Labor Day. But again, I hear you and agree with your overall point(s).

ARTICLE 7 – HOLIDAYS (a) The following holidays with pay will be granted: Holiday Observance New Year’s Day January 1st Independence Day July 4th Labor Day First Monday in September Thanksgiving Day Fourth Thursday in November Christmas Day December 25th

I get your point, but I think you are mistaken about straight time for Labor Day. But again, I hear you and agree with your overall point(s).

ARTICLE 7 – HOLIDAYS (a) The following holidays with pay will be granted: Holiday Observance New Year’s Day January 1st Independence Day July 4th Labor Day First Monday in September Thanksgiving Day Fourth Thursday in November Christmas Day December 25th

Its a holiday bro. But not at ×2.5 , only ×1.5 ..

If the LAA did an AMFA card drive, it doesn’t matter what the LUS mechs did since they’re IAM, and we are represented by 2 unions. (Unbelievably this goes against one voice) So it could turn out that the association would be IAM/AMFA.

Am I right in that thought?

Might as well do a card drive since from what I hear from union guys is that AA won’t meet with ass again until after the lawsuit is settled which could be years. Of course, when has a union official given accurate info.
upload_2019-9-2_20-35-16.png

But,, maybe since there was no vote a card drive could be applicable to the twu group only.
There was an opportunity for a vote. The twu and the iam used YOUR dues checkoff card as a sign of interest that opened a 30 day window for an intervener to turn cards in. No one did the vote was unanimous the association won.

Asso. formed in 2013 and still no JCBA, as they promised 30 days after asso. is in place. 6 long asso years and still nothing...
As of today it has been 4 years and 77 days. This is the 30 days after the association was officially certified by the NMB. According to the association the negotiations for a JCBA would start 30 days after certification. Well they also said we would vote on representation. Lies, all lies and deceit. We still have this dysfunctional association on the property. Unbelievable.

As of today it has been 4 years and 77 days. This is the 30 days after the association was officially certified by the NMB. According to the association the negotiations for a JCBA would start 30 days after certification. Well they also said we would vote on representation. Lies, all lies and deceit. We still have this dysfunctional association on the property. Unbelievable.
Sad thing is that the twu leadership is happy being in the association.

I can’t believe we have two unions representing 7000 mechs. Can you imagine how powerful the mechs could be with those numbers, but we have the small thinkers in the AFL CIO worrying about dues. I don’t know, have one union within the afl cio organize the AA mechs UAL mechs Spirit Frontier Skywest etc etc now you are talking power with numbers with one union one voice, for aircraft mechanics, now that would be a skilled labor movement. I guess it’s more important to make sure FSCs get to de-ice airplanes in the winter. Funny that Use to be AMTs OT.

What we do have is 2 unions representing 7000 AA mechs, and on top of that, what the afl cio/association did, was disenfranchised the AA mechs. I can assure you that more mechanics think like me then you might expect.

Get this AA is going to hire 400 more mechanics for TULE OH, not sure what the numbers are for new hires for DCA NY IAH LAX SFO SAN LAS STL ORD and AA not even talking to association anymore. The association doesn’t update the seniority list on its website so I don’t know the numbers from the other union ar. So what do we need a union for, give us someplace to donate $90 every month.

Thank you AA for bringing even more AMT jobs to the USA.

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
Just overheard a 514 E Board member who was part of a conference call say the NMB is scheduling meetings between the parties in a couple weeks. They both supposedly have said movement is possible on the issues and NMB will schedule 4 full 9-5 days. Announcement coming later today. Not holding my breath.