Aircraft maint issues

I feel getting back to negotiations is good. I personally feel we will have a contract before thanksgiving. Doug, Isom cannot afford another summer fiasco. I know the medical is tough to loose for us IAM technicians. I want everyone on here, that I worked for airlines for 40 years.

I feel getting back to negotiations is good. I personally feel we will have a contract before thanksgiving. Doug, Isom cannot afford another summer fiasco. I know the medical is tough to loose for us IAM technicians. I want everyone on here, that I worked for airlines for 40 years.
Thanksgiving? Be more specific please. 2019 2020, 2021, 2022?
LOL....

So long as the Samuelson will keep his mouth shut I predict movement. Not a T/A at this first meeting, too soon, for too much work to get the opened items to a T/A. The biggies will be Pensions, 401K's, Outsourcing, Medical, some vac, sick and time off pay adjustments and of course getting back full pay for overtime.
Just glad to see you guys back at the table. Hopefully the asso. will not open their mouths and get it back in the gutter again. As long as both sides are willing to move, there will be forward progress, if not, the mediators may just throw their hands up and go to long term ice into next year Q1 2020, if that, maybe Q2.

So long as the Samuelson will keep his mouth shut I predict movement. Not a T/A at this first meeting, too soon, for too much work to get the opened items to a T/A. The biggies will be Pensions, 401K's, Outsourcing, Medical, some vac, sick and time off pay adjustments and of course getting back full pay for overtime.
Just glad to see you guys back at the table. Hopefully the asso. will not open their mouths and get it back in the gutter again. As long as both sides are willing to move, there will be forward progress, if not, the mediators may just throw their hands up and go to long term ice into next year Q1 2020, if that, maybe Q2.
I think at this point Samuelson has been consulted about what to say and when to say it for liabilty purposes. He is also dealing with a possible MTA strike in NYC.
Bring the big mouth to the MTA and the muzzle to AA.

Reactions: bigjets
I think at this point Samuelson has been consulted about what to say and when to say it for liabilty purposes. He is also dealing with a possible MTA strike in NYC.
Bring the big mouth to the MTA and the muzzle to AA.
Samuelson should stick to trains in NY where talking like a goof/tough guy is considered normal.

Reactions: 787nightmare
Rumors are started in the fleet thread of a deal is done. I tend not to believe that. Too many opened items to be done in just 1 full day. First day was catch up time and updating for the first half day. Yesterday was their first real full day and now we have a post in the fleet thread timed at 7:47am today that a deal is done. I say no way, unless the asso completely caved to everything the company wanted to get out from underneath the bus that was driving over them on the suit cases. I hope this is not the case fellas. Gotta love them rumors when no updates are given...

Hopefully you guys will get some info today or tomorrow about how nego's went this week. Or maybe it will have to come from the company yet again.

Hopefully you guys will get some info today or tomorrow about how nego's went this week. Or maybe it will have to come from the company yet again.
We’re not in AMFA so I doubt we here anything from the association until there ready they do not give a f about us members

We’re not in AMFA so I doubt we here anything from the association until there ready they do not give a f about us members
Have you all heard as of yet if there is continued nego's tomorrow? One person is promising an update tomorrow, others are stating nego's are continuing tomorrow.
Ahhhh, gotta love the rumors with no updates.

Ass. Contract Negotiations Update Is Out:
Short and sweet though. No info, no details, Pathetic.

Negotiations Update
September 20, 2019
0 Comments

Federally-mediated negotiations between the TWU-IAM Association and American Airlines continued this week in Washington, D.C. At the request of the NMB, the parties have agreed to keep details of our discussions confidential.

The National Mediation Board scheduled negotiations to continue next week in Washington, and we are hopeful that progress is made then.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF version: Association-Bulletin-9/20/19Download

More mechs for TULE, more new hires around the system, AA clearly setting up to outsource all AMTs at AA.

More mechs for TULE, more new hires around the system, AA clearly setting up to outsource all AMTs at AA.
Yes. And SWA was interviewing new mechanics this month as well. Great to hear the industry is growing again...