Aircraft maint issues

On the confrence call this morning they claimed a ta within two weeks a vote and contract by Christmas. Personally i see more bull **** being flushed down the memberships pipes
Dude. Do you know how many times we heard that over the almost 7 years we were waiting? We heard; "a T/A is coming this summer, this fall, this winter before the holidays, ok next spring, and then summer again and again and again. Do Not believe it until you see it. I agree with your assessment about more BS being forced down the memberships pipes. No one can be trusted on either side and that is sad brother if not pathetic since you guys are being represented by ??????? Call it what ya will...

And the same beat goes on. Hardly any progress and after 5 weeks just now starting the 4 biggies. Do any of us really think this will get done in the Nov. month? I don't think so. Not when it took them 5 weeks to only get to the 4 giggies; Scope, Insurance, Retirement and Medical. The asso has already admitted before that these issues left will take the longest, remember??? Hate to be negative, but i don't think you guys will vote on anything before X-mas, maybe next year 2020. Just hope it's early 2020 for ya though.
Below is the typical same update, no info, no details just what subjects were talked about and no T/A on anything as of yet. And no details until all are in and agreement with an AIP.

Negotiations Update
October 25, 2019
0 Comments

October 25, 2019

Sisters and Brothers,

Since the resumption of mediated negotiations between the Association and American Airlines on September 16, the parties have met multiple days over five weekly sessions. Although progress has been slow, it has been positive and productive. The talks have moved into more serious and in-depth discussions regarding Scope, Insurance and Retirement.

Since resolution to most of the remaining open items rely on reaching an agreement in total, no specific tentative agreements have been signed-off or agreed to. However, we can report on the subjects we have discussed.

In Mechanic and Related Scope, the parties have narrowed their positions on Heavy Maintenance issues, international outsourcing and protected cities in the US. The parties have narrowed all aspects of GSE including scope and named protected cities. We remain apart on Facilities scope. MLS/Stores scope was discussed this week and we have moved closer to agreement.

The parties’ positions have narrowed on Fleet Service Scope specific to the number of cities and flight thresholds in those cities.

Meaningful discussions on all facets of insurance took place this week: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and Retiree Medical/Sick Time buy out.

Discussions for retirement focused on the design and value of defined-benefit and defined-contribution retirement plans.

By mutual agreement, the parties continue to agree not to release in-depth details of these on-going discussions. At this critical phase of negotiations, this practice keeps the progress of these discussions moving forward.

When we get to the point of an agreement in principal more details will be released. The Executive and full Negotiating Committees appreciate the Memberships’ patience and support through the negotiation process.

Negotiations are scheduled to resume next week in Washington, D.C.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF version: Association-Bulletin: October-25-2019

And the same beat goes on. Hardly any progress and after 5 weeks just now starting the 4 biggies. Do any of us really think this will get done in the Nov. month? I don't think so. Not when it took them 5 weeks to only get to the 4 giggies; Scope, Insurance, Retirement and Medical. The asso has already admitted before that these issues left will take the longest, remember??? Hate to be negative, but i don't think you guys will vote on anything before X-mas, maybe next year 2020. Just hope it's early 2020 for ya though.
Below is the typical same update, no info, no details just what subjects were talked about and no T/A on anything as of yet. And no details until all are in and agreement with an AIP.

Negotiations Update
October 25, 2019
0 Comments

October 25, 2019

Sisters and Brothers,

Since the resumption of mediated negotiations between the Association and American Airlines on September 16, the parties have met multiple days over five weekly sessions. Although progress has been slow, it has been positive and productive. The talks have moved into more serious and in-depth discussions regarding Scope, Insurance and Retirement.

Since resolution to most of the remaining open items rely on reaching an agreement in total, no specific tentative agreements have been signed-off or agreed to. However, we can report on the subjects we have discussed.

In Mechanic and Related Scope, the parties have narrowed their positions on Heavy Maintenance issues, international outsourcing and protected cities in the US. The parties have narrowed all aspects of GSE including scope and named protected cities. We remain apart on Facilities scope. MLS/Stores scope was discussed this week and we have moved closer to agreement.

The parties’ positions have narrowed on Fleet Service Scope specific to the number of cities and flight thresholds in those cities.

Meaningful discussions on all facets of insurance took place this week: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and Retiree Medical/Sick Time buy out.

Discussions for retirement focused on the design and value of defined-benefit and defined-contribution retirement plans.

By mutual agreement, the parties continue to agree not to release in-depth details of these on-going discussions. At this critical phase of negotiations, this practice keeps the progress of these discussions moving forward.

When we get to the point of an agreement in principal more details will be released. The Executive and full Negotiating Committees appreciate the Memberships’ patience and support through the negotiation process.

Negotiations are scheduled to resume next week in Washington, D.C.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF version: Association-Bulletin: October-25-2019
What do they gain by not giving out info. My guess like always the twu will screw us out of pay and benefits to get more dues . what is wrong letting the people who are effected by these negotiations to let us know. They would stop all the rumors and the members would be informed.

What do they gain by not giving out info. My guess like always the twu will screw us out of pay and benefits to get more dues . what is wrong letting the people who are effected by these negotiations to let us know. They would stop all the rumors and the members would be informed.
I tell guys that complain about lack of information. I tell them you should have filled out an AMP card.
We all know the TWU has always lacked info to its members.
Rest assured we are close to a contract. That's what guys said in the spring of 2018. Excuses after excuses. Here we are 18 months later and still almost there with no real information. Just waiting for the next update and excuse.

The co gains because of no info. The continuous misinfo and rumors will flow. And that is exactly what the co wants. Your union just keeps agreeing with the co's request of gag orders and they are using the NMB to get it done.
The TWU/IAM/ASSO. will indeed screw you out of all kinds of advancements as long as it makes them money and dues still flowing into their pockets. The very same the teamsters were doing with us, and we sent them packing.
Until you mechanics fire the industrial unions and get a C&C union to represent you guys, this fiasco will continue at AA for the mechanics, it's that simple, in thought. BUT, your fellow mechanics and non believers are just stunned and industrialized union memorized that they have no clue what is really going on. It really is sad to sit here and watch what is going on over at AA withe mechanics as well as other groups represented by this abortion of a union called an asso., period...

The company will always have the upper hand on the technicians. The union members can only hope to get a decent contract. I for one would like to move on and have a contract by the new year! I already accepted the new Insurance. I am going to put more money in my 401K. My pension will more than likely go PBGC. Within 2 years. I have decided to leave aviation very soon. I want to make room for the next technician. I have been in 3 different unions over my career. I have never had a union get me a great contract, but one I could work with.

The company will always have the upper hand on the technicians. The union members can only hope to get a decent contract. I for one would like to move on and have a contract by the new year! I already accepted the new Insurance. I am going to put more money in my 401K. My pension will more than likely go PBGC. Within 2 years. I have decided to leave aviation very soon. I want to make room for the next technician. I have been in 3 different unions over my career. I have never had a union get me a great contract, but one I could work with.
I wish you luck sir. I too hope the technicians get something to at least look at before the holidays but I am very leary of that happening before the holidays with all the biggies left to nego to an AIP. As the nego's have already admitted these 4 biggies will take the longest than any other 4 articles or items left. Don't mean to sound so negative, but, we can only go by what has happened in the past wit this asso. and co. nego's.
Good luck with your move out of aviation. There are a lot of other things out there, and most that I know that have left are even happier than they were in aviation. The aviation industry can and will take a toll on us and our families for many decades as we have witnessed.

Reactions: 787nightmare
On retroactive pay, if AMTs get say a $5 per hour raise retro back to amendable date it is over $20,000. I want retro pay!

At this point i see nothing on the horizon.
Then open your eyes. The horizon is there. Be creative, it's the association we are triple guessing on every move. Even a analyst can't make much of the updates. Not much to go by unless you listen to the fear mongering idiots at work or on this forum.

Then open your eyes. The horizon is there. Be creative, it's the association we are triple guessing on every move. Even a analyst can't make much of the updates. Not much to go by unless you listen to the fear mongering idiots at work or on this forum.
I have up reading between the lines also...

Latest posts