Aircraft maint issues

conehead, are any of you hearing anything after these past several weeks of nego's?
I know there "may be" a gag order in place, but I read before that the asso. was going to give better detailed updates at the union meeting on Oct 25th, did they not follow through at the meeting? I do know when we were idled back on details they did in fact give us detailed updates at each of our monthly meetings just no longer in writing to help stop all the co's propaganda machine.
One more question for you mechanics. Is anyone hearing of a vote coming Tues rather the nego cmte will bring out a vote on the last offer (I assume it"s the last one that was on jetnet). Are they continuing nego's this week? Any dates set?? Could it be they might wanna get a feeler off the membership??? Anything before the holidays???

conehead, are any of you hearing anything after these past several weeks of nego's?
I know there "may be" a gag order in place, but I read before that the asso. was going to give better detailed updates at the union meeting on Oct 25th, did they not follow through at the meeting? I do know when we were idled back on details they did in fact give us detailed updates at each of our monthly meetings just no longer in writing to help stop all the co's propaganda machine.
One more question for you mechanics. Is anyone hearing of a vote coming Tues rather the nego cmte will bring out a vote on the last offer (I assume it"s the last one that was on jetnet). Are they continuing nego's this week? Any dates set?? Could it be they might wanna get a feeler off the membership??? Anything before the holidays???
its all top secret. we pay the bills why would they tell us anything?

Reactions: 787nightmare
Yesterday was my first day back from medical leave but on Facebook Tim is reporting sito would not allow a vote today twu has never been one to keep members informed.

Reactions: swamt
The story out of Tulsa is that on Friday 11/01/2019 the company and union met and the union appeared to be ready to sign a contract if the company would drop the lawsuit.
The company refused to drop the lawsuit and the union left the table.

The story out of Tulsa is that on Friday 11/01/2019 the company and union met and the union appeared to be ready to sign a contract if the company would drop the lawsuit.

Well, if that's true, all hope of keeping decent scope is out the window.

Yesterday was my first day back from medical leave but on Facebook Tim is reporting sito would not allow a vote today twu has never been one to keep members informed.
Welcome back. Hope all is well.
As Buck posted below, these are the new rumors of why no vote came out on Tues.
The co. now sees how vulnerable and maybe even desperate the asso is. Now, how much movement will the asso move to get the suit dropped? Or how long will this drag out because of the suit?? And how long will the membership stand for this???

This is not good. I see longer delays now than originally thought of 2020.

Well, if that's true, all hope of keeping decent scope is out the window.
Could be. Or the co. is just dead set on moving forward with the suit(s). They could very well just be professional about it, stay with their asks and then hammer the asso. later in the courts system. I don't think the co. wants these nego's to drag out any more. But I do see the asso. holding the membership hostage in order to try and save their own butts. This may get ugly fast...

Happy Birthday. :)

From Danker of 514:
Since Friday my phone has been ringing constantly with rumors concerning negotiations. I have always said when I know something then the membership will know it as soon as possible.

I’m not aware of any of the details being talked about on social media. I was in DC last week while the company and the executive committee for the Ass. met.

This week I was told not to go to DC. Not exactly sure where all the rumors are coming from but I try to respond to every phone call. Email, text message and Facebook messenger message I receive asking me about different scenarios.

As of now I’m planning on returning to DC next week because I believe they will be negotiating on our contract.

December 3rd will be 4 years. Shouldn’t we at least be able to retain the scope language that we kept through bankruptcy?

They are making billions and they want more.

Dale

Welcome back. Hope all is well.
As Buck posted below, these are the new rumors of why no vote came out on Tues.
The co. now sees how vulnerable and maybe even desperate the asso is. Now, how much movement will the asso move to get the suit dropped? Or how long will this drag out because of the suit?? And how long will the membership stand for this???

This is not good. I see longer delays now than originally thought of 2020.

Could be. Or the co. is just dead set on moving forward with the suit(s). They could very well just be professional about it, stay with their asks and then hammer the asso. later in the courts system. I don't think the co. wants these nego's to drag out any more. But I do see the asso. holding the membership hostage in order to try and save their own butts. This may get ugly fast...
Thanks it’s been a year and 2 weeks I was out good to be back

From Danker of 514:
Since Friday my phone has been ringing constantly with rumors concerning negotiations. I have always said when I know something then the membership will know it as soon as possible.

I’m not aware of any of the details being talked about on social media. I was in DC last week while the company and the executive committee for the Ass. met.

This week I was told not to go to DC. Not exactly sure where all the rumors are coming from but I try to respond to every phone call. Email, text message and Facebook messenger message I receive asking me about different scenarios.

As of now I’m planning on returning to DC next week because I believe they will be negotiating on our contract.

December 3rd will be 4 years. Shouldn’t we at least be able to retain the scope language that we kept through bankruptcy?

They are making billions and they want more.

Dale
Maybe they are trying to align the new contract with the delivery of the 777X . Singapore announced today that they would receive the first 777X's in 2022! They just announced Oct 23 that it would be early 2021.:confused::eek:

Well no update from the asso. this week. But we did get an update from loc 514 Dale Dranker.
This is the first time we hear that no nego's has taken place this last week as we were all led to believe they were nego. Dale also states no future dates were set either. With T-Day coming in less than 3 weeks and no dates set, the asso. begging for the suits to be dropped and the co. refusing, as well as the co. no longer moving on scope and the other biggies, this will go deep into 2020 IMO. I can only hope you mechanics really do have some sort of behind the scenes movement going that will remove this asso. If not, tis will happen every time at nego's time. Here's the update from Dale...

Well no update from the asso. this week. But we did get an update from loc 514 Dale Dranker.
This is the first time we hear that no nego's has taken place this last week as we were all led to believe they were nego. Dale also states ...
We?
They talked.

We?
They talked.
Yes , we. As in we, who all read the update from loc 514 pres.
Pretty sad that there has been nego's taking place for the past 2 1/2 months with basically the exact same updates. Sorry no progress and of course no details whatsoever.
BTW, the D orU plus 3% will get even larger in 2020 when United gets their 2yr adjustment, as well as Delta now at 53. But I am sure the asso. will just keep agreeing with the co. and only nego SWA rates for the mechs. Time for this 2 part asso. to go. They are not nego with the memberships best interest, only their very own interest, and was proven when they combined this asso with no say so from the membership and just forced it on them for their very own interest to stay alive within the airline industry and well as the last airline mechanic representation, simply put they were absolutely desperate about keeping the dues flowing...

Forgot to add the United info on adjustment every 2 years;

Teamster Mechanics at United Airlines Ratify National Agreement