Aircraft maint issues

A chief pilot told me the best way to describe the MAX disaster. You have a aircraft that was aerodynamically changed and becomes aerodynamically unairworthy at a critical phase of flight and try to fix it with a computer software upgrade. What a joke. Boeing has lost the trust of its customers and the flying public.
This guy (a pilot) has a different take.

Mind you I am not saying you are wrong but it is very interesting how many versions are out there regarding the 737 issue.

Boeing has done a horrible PR job.

Last edited:
Restructuring sets up Tech Ops team for success

To build on a successful and record-breaking fourth quarter in 2019, Kevin Brickner, Senior Vice President of Technical Operations, announced changes to the group’s organizational structure in a letter to the Tech Ops team. These changes will position the Tech Ops team for success and help American run a safe and reliable operation. To learn more, read Kevin’s letter on ******.

Am I to assume that we've been unsuccessful?

Awesome, I'm so looking forward to be working someday for a successful aircraft maintenance operation :)

Reactions: 787nightmare
This guy (a pilot) has a different take.

Mind you I am not saying you are wrong but it is very interesting how many versions are out there regarding the 737 issue.

Boeing had done a horrible PR job.

This guy is exactly right.

The only other things I’d add is,
A) Boeing crews fly these aircraft daily.(or did)
*Out of Renton Municipal for B1 flight.
*To various paint facilities on west coast and down south.
B) the MCAS system will not function with the a/p engaged. Period.

As that pilot in the video, E Olsen and me have stated, this is more a matter of both the FAA, Boeing getting caught in much too of lenient, cozy relationship. And it cost them both BIG.

Any guesses on what will come out of nego's these past two days?
Any rumors of a possible added days this week??
Will it be the SOS and no progress???
Or will it be a miracle????

We wait for some kind of update, and I did throw it into both CB and P.Rez lap for a very informational update. But we will still not get it from them or the asso. as they are too scared to give the membership the truths...

Any guesses on what will come out of nego's these past two days?
Any rumors of a possible added days this week??
Will it be the SOS and no progress???
Or will it be a miracle????

We wait for some kind of update, and I did throw it into both CB and P.Rez lap for a very informational update. But we will still not get it from them or the asso. as they are too scared to give the membership the truths...
Even if the updates are released with information at this point nothing is believable. The association has a track record of holding back information and posting false information. I do not believe anything the association says or posts. No trust, no creditability. I don't know who's worse, the Association or CNN.

Another comedy classic.

The birth of the glorious IAMNPF. (Article 21)

US-IAM%20Mx%20Agreement%203%2012%202008%201120phx%5b1%5d.pdf
Let us hope any TA will not waste any more time by trying to inject this POS on any future or existing TWU members,
it will be DOA. With the ease of researching the plan's performance, any TWU representative pushing the plan should
be considered IMHO a fool, coward or a person who will benefit FINANCIALLY.

Reactions: swamt
Thought you guys might enjoy a bit of a blast from the past to relieve the stress of this thread.

It is an American Airlines MD-80 power backing.

Thought you guys might enjoy a bit of a blast from the past to relieve the stress of this thread.

It is an American Airlines MD-80 power backing.

To relieve some stress from this thread? Really?? Are you kidding???
The video you post is pretty much an everyday event from the past to mechanics.
Not sure what your point is here...

To relieve some stress from this thread? Really?? Are you kidding???
The video you post is pretty much an everyday event from the past to mechanics.
Not sure what your point is here...
Right... from the past. That is why I said "blast from the past".

They have not power backed as far as I know for years.

Also does American Airlines even run MD-80's anymore? Funny how when I worked there just a few short years ago they were the workhorse of American Airlines and now they are desert fodder (or wherever they sent them). Shows you how fast things can change.

Thought it might be fun to see again.

If it does not interest you then just move on.

Latest posts