Aircraft maint issues

Guys I attempted to research if there is noise canceling technology that can be used as hearing protection.

I found ONE company that makes them specifically for military personnel working on flight decks but the entry for the digital hearing protection seems to be error 404 (non existent).

https://gentexcorp.com/aegisound/

I then found this entry that said the DANR (Digital Active Noise Reduction) has been discontinued.

https://gentexcorp.com/aegisound-danr/

Were they discontinued because digital noise reduction is ineffective? Were they too expensive to manufacture? I assume this technology is similar to noise canceling headphones one might use to listen to music but it seems to me that using an inverse waveform (that is a sound wave produced at the opposite polarity of the audible noise) at that decibel level would do more harm than good.

Anybody have any expertise regarding digital noise protection?
Interesting. I have no expertise info for ya. But interested in a better protection for sure

Any maint. mechs. have any more info to add. or rumors of left over items? Hate asking this way but we are forced to.

fb_img_1580152224861-jpg.15030

Any maint. mechs. have any more info to add. or rumors of left over items? Hate asking this way but we are forced to.

fb_img_1580152224861-jpg.15030
Don't believe anything coming from the association. After four years of lame updates and deceiving information I give Adam Shiff more credibility. How sad I have to compare the association updates with Adam Shiff.

We know that there are only two members of the Association so was this information passed orally down to the local presidents so that they had SOMETHING to share? And is it accurate?

Are you guys kidding? You have no clue who is on the exec. cmte. nego at the table?? No way??? C'mon Man!

SWAMT, they have put out a list of those guys at some point but over the yrs the TWU keeps most things secret that way there is NO Accountability. Then when something goes wrong and the membership inquires about it the reply is you should of read it before you agreed to it. In other words they can do that Brother.

Anyone heard or know for sure when the full text of the AIP/TA will be available to read? I hope they don't cram us with limited unreasonable time to read it and make a reasonable and responsible decision when voting Yea or nay.

Anyone heard or know for sure when the full text of the AIP/TA will be available to read? I hope they don't cram us with limited unreasonable time to read it and make a reasonable and responsible decision when voting Yea or nay.
Suppose to be mailing them out to all in the next few days

Suppose to be mailing them out to all in the next few days
1AA, Anytime we vote on a new contract we are given a full month after receiving a "full" and "completed" copy. All of our union groups have given a full month. You never know who is on vac, med leave, military leave etc... Anything shorter than a month for you guys to vote, Then I smell a scam in the works.

VO, what happen to electronic delivery? Work email, home email, text, throw a copy up on union and company website that can be downloaded and shared with other members ect... This is 2020 isn't it? Being a bit sarcastic here, I'm sure they are doing all that and maybe even doing a snail mail delivery as a back up >? We had 5 ways to get ours to the members just so there would never be, well I had no means to get to the offer, blah, blah, blah.

I heard "Roadshows" will begin in about two weeks. I can only imagine how the TWU based shows will go over...Hopefully lapdog/sellout Garcia will be at one of them...

I heard "Roadshows" will begin in about two weeks. I can only imagine how the TWU based shows will go over...Hopefully lapdog/sellout Garcia will be at one of them...

Better get good security. Sounds to me like too much division and this is suppose to be a "J" CBA, more like "D" CBA. I still can't splew how bad it really is as no one has seen full text as of now. Just wait fellas, it's coming. BTW where's timmy???

Better get good security. Sounds to me like too much division and this is suppose to be a "J" CBA, more like "D" CBA. I still can't splew how bad it really is as no one has seen full text as of now. Just wait fellas, it's coming. BTW where's timmy???
Timmy is over on his Facebook recruiting "yes" votes, I kid you not. That clown is turning back flips because the IAM kept everything, even though he said they were losing all.

Reactions: swamt