Aircraft maint issues

1AA, Anytime we vote on a new contract we are given a full month after receiving a "full" and "completed" copy. All of our union groups have given a full month. You never know who is on vac, med leave, military leave etc... Anything shorter than a month for you guys to vote, Then I smell a scam in the works.

VO, what happen to electronic delivery? Work email, home email, text, throw a copy up on union and company website that can be downloaded and shared with other members ect... This is 2020 isn't it? Being a bit sarcastic here, I'm sure they are doing all that and maybe even doing a snail mail delivery as a back up >? We had 5 ways to get ours to the members just so there would never be, well I had no means to get to the offer, blah, blah, blah.
they dont want an informed, engaged membership. ignorance and rumors are just so much easier to control. the association will do everything it can to make the vote as quick as possible.

they dont want an informed, engaged membership. ignorance and rumors are just so much easier to control. the association will do everything it can to make the vote as quick as possible.

And we on the IAM side will head off to the union hall and stuff our paper ballot in a 55 gal. 2380 oil drum and the vote will pass 50+1%. Just the way the union wants it. If it doesn't happen that way, you will "be confused", and will re-vote until you get it right.

And we on the IAM side will head off to the union hall and stuff our paper ballot in a 55 gal. 2380 oil drum and the vote will pass 50+1%. Just the way the union wants it. If it doesn't happen that way, you will "be confused", and will re-vote until you get it right.
the twu is not much better. have you signed a card for change? if not do you need one?

voting yes I have no confidence in the twu or A$$ to bring back anything better! lost over $40000 alone in just the 401k. sending them back is a waste. time to move on get them next time is the old saying

voting yes I have no confidence in the twu or A$$ to bring back anything better! lost over $40000 alone in just the 401k. sending them back is a waste. time to move on get them next time is the old saying
Sadly you are correct. We got played with lies and deceit. Now we see the results of the associations failures in the JCBA.

I want to disagree with this so bad, but can’t. This is how it usually went down in my experience.

Sadly you are correct. We got played with lies and deceit. Now we see the results of the associations failures in the JCBA.

Sure he's right. We lost so much. What about the 4% company wide raise?

But to be a yes vote before he's even read the scope of the contract?

Yeah, we'll get them next time. You want another "old saying?" How about "They can do that now, brother."

the twu is not much better. have you signed a card for change? if not do you need one?

We signed plenty of cards on the last "drive". I personally know that.

I told you saps years ago that you were the majority, and if you wanted any change, it would come from your side.

We are an old, tired, apathetic group too afraid of change. Any change will come from your side.

Any change will come from your side.

sheep.jpg

Reactions: SkydrolJunkie
Still, only one freakin day? Get rid of this scam of an asso representation. AMFA WILL give you guys a full month's time to cast your votes. AMFA will release a full text written and every change being made to your contract, then they will put on a full blown in person roadshow to explain and give better details and answer any and all questions. Then the full month to vote on it. Hence why we had a overwhelming NO vote first time (approx 75%-80%) then we had an overwhelming YES vote of 96.7%. The company heard the membership and made changes to reflect our wishes after the surveys were done and relaid back to the company. Yes AMFA always does member surveys on why an offer was voted down. Yes it took another year to get 2nd offer, but most of that was just because our co. nego cmte was so butt hurt that we voted the first one down as they promised GK it would pass flying colors. Plus both sides replaced the entire nego cmte except for a couple people.
You guys get AMFA in there and there will no longer be these games being played.

Do you realize that if We get AMFA that WE will be the majority and we will take over AFMA
AMFA has different divisions or company locals. It's not one for all and all for one. It does come together as one when it comes to elections positions like National Director and so on. SWA and Alaska are separate as far as respective representation. Either way we really need to blow this association asap before they do more harm to unionized labor. Again the Association lied. First the NMB representational vote and now a ILC JCBA. I can't wait for strike three. Hopefully we can make strike three and tell the association YOUR OUT!!!

Do you realize that if We get AMFA that WE will be the majority and we will take over AFMA

Yes I do. I have no prob with that. As I have stated this from the get go that you guys will in fact take over the AMFA National if you all get AMFA in. I don't have a prob with that, but some do. Look at it this way, right now WE rule the roost within AMFA. SWA mechs and officers all run AMFA National. When you guys get AMFA in at AA and get ironed out you guys will in fact, more than likely take over. That's ok in my eyes. It is what it is. I still hope you guys are successful in getting AMFA in. I'm not one of those IGM'ers. I care more about the industry as a whole. Most ALL on here know this already. Keep that card drive going as strong as it has been going. AMFA 2020 @ AA.

Yes I do. I have no prob with that. As I have stated this from the get go that you guys will in fact take over the AMFA National if you all get AMFA in. I don't have a prob with that, but some do. Look at it this way, right now WE rule the roost within AMFA. SWA mechs and officers all run AMFA National. When you guys get AMFA in at AA and get ironed out you guys will in fact, more than likely take over. That's ok in my eyes. It is what it is. I still hope you guys are successful in getting AMFA in. I'm not one of those IGM'ers. I care more about the industry as a whole. Most ALL on here know this already. Keep that card drive going as strong as it has been going. AMFA 2020 @ AA.

I believe the current national officers have another 4 years in their position before elections.

I believe the current national officers have another 4 years in their position before elections.

Yes, they do. Heck you guys may wanna keep Brett where he is. But then again Brett may want to take a break too. At any rate, I would say within the first or second elections that the National would start to get AA heavy at the top. 4-8 years.
Hey no offence, but this is all contingent on you guys getting AMFA in. Keep the card signing going no matter AIP or T/A coming down the pipe.

Latest posts