Aircraft maint issues

Hey you mechs at AA, what do you all think about the contract offer? Very curious to hear from you guys. Scope? Top out pay? % of outgoing years raises? Health care? Retirement? Restore and More?
Why is it so quiet???

Hey you mechs at AA, what do you all think about the contract offer? Very curious to hear from you guys. Scope? Top out pay? % of outgoing years raises? Health care? Retirement? Restore and More?
Why is it so quiet???
The lack of retro and signing bonus is a huge disappointment. We know without really knowing our retro will be used as “quid pro quo” to get out from under the fine. Not having real negotiations as mech n related have hurt us again and that reality is hitting home pretty hard this time around. For most this will be the last hurrah and to go out with the same twisted screwed up contract BS is depressing.
Sure we got the holidays,most of the sick time, one week of the 2 lost weeks of vacation, dbl time and a decent raise. Is it industry leading? Hell no not by a long shot.
What these so called negotiators didn’t do is clean up the 2 agreements into 1. It’s still us and them after 4 “YEARS”.
MnR doesnt trust or have faith to send Sito n Alex back because we all know its waste of time but as
for myself I’m voting no anyway.
If there would have been full retro from the amendable date and a real signing bonus I might have been a yes vote but not seeing any language and just bullet points I can’t say it would have been a yes.
I feel good about this AMFA drive and am willing to throw the dice and vote no in hopes we can go back to the table and negotiate for ourselves. Just my 2 cents.

I think most of us here at AA will want to keep Brett as national director if that’s his wish.
The BS about us taking over AMFA is nonsense. Some of the posters here have an agenda that’s not ours!

The lack of retro and signing bonus is a huge disappointment. We know without really knowing our retro will be used as “quid pro quo” to get out from under the fine. Not having real negotiations as mech n related have hurt us again and that reality is hitting home pretty hard this time around. For most this will be the last hurrah and to go out with the same twisted screwed up contract BS is depressing.
Sure we got the holidays,most of the sick time, one week of the 2 lost weeks of vacation, dbl time and a decent raise. Is it industry leading? Hell no not by a long shot.
What these so called negotiators didn’t do is clean up the 2 agreements into 1. It’s still us and them after 4 “YEARS”.
MnR doesnt trust or have faith to send Sito n Alex back because we all know its waste of time but as
for myself I’m voting no anyway.
If there would have been full retro from the amendable date and a real signing bonus I might have been a yes vote but not seeing any language and just bullet points I can’t say it would have been a yes.
I feel good about this AMFA drive and am willing to throw the dice and vote no in hopes we can go back to the table and negotiate for ourselves. Just my 2 cents.
Thx for the input. Very good points and I agree with all of it. Understand the position of not having any faith in these guys going back and I would not put anyone down for voting yes as long as this card drive comes to fruition in 2020.

I think most of us here at AA will want to keep Brett as national director if that’s his wish.
The BS about us taking over AMFA is nonsense. Some of the posters here have an agenda that’s not ours!
I would think the same as Brett is doing a great job, just hope he is willing to stick it out and hope his wife is willing to keep supporting him as well. It does a take a toll on the family side during nego's and such but at least that part is over for us.
The agenda groups are the ones we will all have to keep in line once you guys go AMFA, we don't need that **** trying to invade the AMFA National and try to destroy it from the inside out. I wish you guys the best of luck getting AMFA in 2020. Also looking forward to all the details getting released, and somewhat in hopes that I have to eat crow on my T/A day release comments, but I don't think so. It's still why they still won't release any details yet.

Thx for the input. Very good points and I agree with all of it. Understand the position of not having any faith in these guys going back and I would not put anyone down for voting yes as long as this card drive comes to fruition in 2020.

I would think the same as Brett is doing a great job, just hope he is willing to stick it out and hope his wife is willing to keep supporting him as well. It does a take a toll on the family side during nego's and such but at least that part is over for us.
The agenda groups are the ones we will all have to keep in line once you guys go AMFA, we don't need that **** trying to invade the AMFA National and try to destroy it from the inside out. I wish you guys the best of luck getting AMFA in 2020. Also looking forward to all the details getting released, and somewhat in hopes that I have to eat crow on my T/A day release comments, but I don't think so. It's still why they still won't release any details yet.

Brett is considered one of us anyway.
He was an AA amt for many years before leaving.
He knows very well how things are here.

Brett is considered one of us anyway.
He was an AA amt for many years before leaving.
He knows very well how things are here.
I know he was at AA. And I know he does. Met Brett a many times in the past at AMFA info. meetings in Tulsa.

Good for him but he’s not one of US now. We will put all AA guys in there. The biggest group always take over. I’ don’t have a agenda. Just stating fact. Also. US air guys we can’t wait to show you some AA love. Ask the TWA guys how it feels.
Dont think so chief. Refrence the association. Climb back under.the rock where you came from. We dont need your agenda

Last edited:
Good for him but he’s not one of US now. We will put all AA guys in there. The biggest group always take over. I’ don’t have a agenda. Just stating fact. Also. US air guys we can’t wait to show you some AA love. Ask the TWA guys how it feels.
Newbie joined two weeks ago. Are you 700 reencarnated, maybe the weaadsle?
Charlie brown?

Aviation Junkie, I have a question who is this WE you talk about. Looking at what LAA has with the TWU I would think Bozo the clown would do a better job, that's just my opinion. I've got 41 yrs in the Industry and from what I have seen with the TWU's leadership you are or must be one of the TWUs supporters.
Boasting how the TWU piped the TWA guy's just shows me and those who read your statement that it is acceptable to you for one union to pipe another.
The IAM did them no favors but the TWU and those who felt they should go to the bottom instead of merging one for one with occupational seniority that was to me Unacceptable. Just as well as what happened to the Reno Air guys. The AirCal members got a fair deal. Thank god when we merge LAA & LUS it will be done by the McCaskill Bond and each member will be merged with his occupational time.

Why would the AMFA membership which we would be a part of put any of the dysfunctional TWU thinking into AMFA?

So everybody should keep their occupational seniority in mergers and acquisitions. That's great.

Yet the TWU represented, Title 1 American Eagle AMT who transfers to AA through the inter-company transfer system because of a layoff doesn't get to keep occupational time.

Gimme a break!
Just another of the TWUs finest moments, did you work for any other the companies merged into AA? Each employee brought his/her past experience to AA. They did not start at AA, but were taken over by, JUST AS AA was taken over by the IAM and LUS, since we went BK. Just be lucky that the LUS guys didn't say put you at the bottom. Think about that. Shoe would be on the other foot wouldn't it? We are AA only in Name. AWA/LUS is running the show.

Just another of the TWUs finest moments, did you work for any other the companies merged into AA? Each employee brought his/her past experience to AA. They did not start at AA, but were taken over by, JUST AS AA was taken over by the IAM and LUS, since we went BK. Just be lucky that the LUS guys didn't say put you at the bottom. Think about that. Shoe would be on the other foot wouldn't it? We are AA only in Name. AWA/LUS is running the show.

Nope, 30 years all under the AMR and now AAG umbrellas.

Dumbest move I've made in my career was transferring to AA.

F the TWU.

Reactions: swamt
Nope, 30 years all under the AMR and now AAG umbrellas.

Dumbest move I've made in my career was transferring to AA.

F the TWU.

I'm Glad you dislike the TWU, even the Eagle guys over the yrs were piped by the TWU&AA. Depending on your age maybe you'll have a chance to package out.
STS is working on the Eagle/Republic aircraft in MIA.

So everybody should keep their occupational seniority in mergers and acquisitions. That's great.

Yet the TWU represented, Title 1 American Eagle AMT who transfers to AA through the inter-company transfer system because of a layoff doesn't get to keep occupational time.

Gimme a break!

too bad you didn't start with say, piedmont. that seniority would count.

i lumped it at aa...honestly, it didn't bother me, intra-aa. i understood when i got hired on. building cleaners, polishers, sky chefs, AMR, fuelers, simmons/eagle...2 seniorities.

with the merger, i had a problem with this. this is why i started posting here. i felt the twu let me down.

little did i know it was only the start of a train-wreck. just the tip of a nasty iceberg. the merger has clearly benefited lus.

He's more "one of you" than most there are junkie, this I assure you. He is all about the AMT's across the board and in the industry and he is far from an IGM'er. IMO, the AA'ers should leave Brett in place as long as Brett will do it. He has the experiences, contacts, he gets along GREAT with ALL our other union groups and can do the same with AA's. He was one of them that got all the groups at SWA all on the same page that brought all the unity and support throughout all the union groups. He is also well, well known throughout the media.
But like I said before, if AA takes over the National then so be it. Don't care. I would rather see that and the added growth to AMFA which will bring greater strength within the mechanic and related industry as a whole.
All I know is it's time for change at AA for the M&R before this asso destroys itself from the inside out...