Aircraft maint issues

Jimmy Little is a lieing sack of s--t !

If Hoffa was serious about the raid he would have been smart enough
to file one week later when all the former TWA mechanics were dropped
from the re-call list.

I still think the AFL-CIO put Jimmy on the carpet for the TWU screwing the TWA - IAM members, and kindly told him "Not This Time Jimmy"

Actually I think there were just too many straws that broke the camels back IMO for some to just stay on the sidelines any longer. The IBT, a CWA alliance and the final straw the IAM Association. So Jim was informed this was coming and his time was up. And had team Lombardo lost many that ran and supported him would have been ousted back to where they started. Some took a big leap to support team Lombardo even publicly.

Jim Little knew his support was lost among the delegates so a ticket was hastily put together with International VP Joesph Gordon placed at the top of the ticket to see if it would work and others could keep their positions and continue the initiatives Little had built. They did have two supporters in the AA TWU in Presidents Sidney Jimenez out of Local 568 and Darrin Pierce out of Local 513. There tag line being basically "Do you want a Bus or Rail guy back in control of the TWU"

During Gordon's campaign one guy on the ticket was offered an organizing position on Lombardo's team if they won and he then bailed on the ticket again maybe seeing the writing on the wall for their chances at success.

Team Gordon then quietly disappeared. They were a no show at the Convention and no letter of their concession and thanks to their supporters for both support and donations to the cause was ever put out by that team.

After Team Lombardo was sworn in as you may not completely know the bloodletting began. In particular familiar names to those of us at AA like Tim Gillespie, Bobby Gless and Don Videtech and others were told their services were no longer needed. (Putting it politely)

And with all this personal and professional information on our newly unelected Grand Pobah we in Aircraft Maintenance are now clueless in the direction and future of our ongoing negotiations. It should be another interesting summer for the Association and it's negotiators. Let's hope everyone will be brought up to speed with minimal delay and no rush to get a T/A under duress.

There will be no changes in the direction of how things are already progressing. Alex Garcia, Mike Mays and Gary Peterson know and understand our contracts quite well and John Samuelson joining in the room won't change the tone if there has been continuing progress.

People want to believe that there has been all this infighting among the Leaders of the IAM and TWU at this stage. But that's simply not true.

But I guess our minds always have to look for the conspiracies and drama over actually believing the facts in this day and age. Fake news obviously being more popular and juicy than real news.

If you want to learn more about who your new International President is you can put in a Google search.

TWU Local 100 John Samuelsen

And read. There's a ton of articles on the man both good and bad. Without anyone trying to sell him or throw rocks at him you can make up "your own" minds.

There will be no changes in the direction of how things are already progressing. Alex Garcia, Mike Mays and Gary Peterson know and understand our contracts quite well and John Samuelson joining in the room won't change the tone if there has been continuing progress.

People want to believe that there has been all this infighting among the Leaders of the IAM and TWU at this stage. But that's simply not true.

But I guess our minds always have to look for the conspiracies and drama over actually believing the facts in this day and age. Fake news obviously being more popular and juicy than real news.
I see you did not waste any time trolling me. Kind of makes one think why many AMT'S don't post here anymore or as frequent.

Reactions: FWAAA
I see you did not waste any time trolling me. Kind of makes one think why many AMT'S don't post here anymore or as frequent.

You mean people like yourself aren't posting here as frequently as before right? I'm sorry if you think my response to what you wrote was directed just for you. It wasn't. It's directed at those who are just sitting in the background and reading. It's up to them who they think is most credible to actually "read" and "think" on?

You actually used to have some fantastic reasonable posters who came here but any time they went against the angry narrative the rocks were thrown at their heads and they finally gave up and left. You guys "shockingly" even turned on Bob Owens when with an open mind he started to say he liked the direction the new leaders of the TWU were headed in.

Think about that again. You guys actually turned on and started biting Bob Owens!!!!! WOW was that a sight to witness.

newsletterheading.png

At the TWU International Executive Council meeting today, Executive Vice President John Samuelsen was elevated to International President after incumbent President Harry Lombardo unexpectedly announced his retirement, effective immediately. Samuelsen is President of TWU’s largest affiliate, Local 100 in New York City, which is also the nation’s biggest transportation local union with 42,000 active members.

Samuelsen, 49, becomes TWU’s 10th International President and the youngest to achieve that position since founder Michael J. Quill in 1937.

A lifelong Brooklynite, Samuelsen joined TWU in 1993 after signing on with the New York City Transit Authority as a Trackworker.

He was elected Local 100 President in December 2009 and was overwhelmingly reelected in 2012 and 2015.

Samuelsen pledged to bring the same kind of aggressive, militant leadership to the International Union that marked his leadership of Local 100 for the past seven and a half years.

During that time, he fought two multi-faceted contract campaigns that brought home agreements with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) that outpaced every public-sector contract in wages and benefits in New York City and the state, including for the first time, the uniformed services.

He also took on and defeated New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio in several high profile public battles, regularly calling attention to anti trade union positions embraced by some so called “progressives” in the Democratic Party, including the mayor himself.

As Local 100 President, he worked tirelessly to bridge political divides within the union and stop the infighting that had torn the Local in half for more than a decade. He committed to bring this approach of respect and unity to his new role as national leader to forge a fighting, democratic TWU across the country.

Samuelsen emphasized that the core leadership of TWU remains strongly united with Secretary-Treasurer Alex Garcia, and Administrative Vice Presidents Gary Maslanka and John Bland, all standing firmly as one. He said the leadership’s immediate priority will be working with the TWU national bargaining committee on all of the union’s pressing national contracts, including the vital American Airlines negotiations, which covers over 25,000 TWU members nationwide. Samuelsen said he will continue in his role as Local 100 President for the short term, to see through the implementation of the most recently negotiated agreement for the Local’s largest bargaining unit, the 38,000 members at MTA-NYCT, MTA-MABSTOA and MTA Bus.

In his earliest days on the job with New York City Transit, Samuelsen took on Track Department bosses over numerous safety concerns affecting his co-workers. He was elected a Shop Steward before he completed his probationary employment. From 2001–2006 he served as Chair of the Track Safety Committee, Chair of the Track Division, and acting Vice President of the Maintenance of Way Division from 2002–2005. He worked his way up from the ranks and has served in nearly every union position in Local 100.

Like TWU’s founding President, Michael J. Quill, Samuelsen is an ardent believer in industrial trade unionism. He explained his philosophy of leadership to the International Executive Council in the following manner: aggressively take on management to win the best contracts possible for TWU members; develop a strategic plan to organize new workers across all of our industrial sectors; utilize the resources of the International union to fight back against governmental fiscal austerity in public transit; work alongside TWU locals to develop and fight strategic campaigns to advance the union; and challenge the Democratic Party to once again become the party that wholeheartedly represents the interests of the trade union movement and blue-collar America.

So now a "Trackworker" will be at the nego table for mechanics? Just great. It's the same as having a trucker, or fleet guy nego for the "Aircraft Mechanics".
Any dibs on why Harry left so abruptly? Sounds fishy to me.

Reactions: bigjets
So now a "Trackworker" will be at the nego table for mechanics? Just great. It's the same as having a trucker, or fleet guy nego for the "Aircraft Mechanics".
Any dibs on why Harry left so abruptly? Sounds fishy to me.
If he could get the AMTs a contract like the trackworkers have up here in NYC they would be doing just fine

And with all this personal and professional information on our newly unelected Grand Pobah we in Aircraft Maintenance are now clueless in the direction and future of our ongoing negotiations. It should be another interesting summer for the Association and it's negotiators. Let's hope everyone will be brought up to speed with minimal delay and no rush to get a T/A under duress.

Is 3 weeks enough time? If I am not mistaken you all meet again May 22nd. Saying the international needs to be rebuilt from the bottom up is totally different than DOING it. I hope this change is for for the better for you guys, good luck.

Actually I think there were just too many straws that broke the camels back IMO for some to just stay on the sidelines any longer. The IBT, a CWA alliance and the final straw the IAM Association. So Jim was informed this was coming and his time was up. And had team Lombardo lost many that ran and supported him would have been ousted back to where they started. Some took a big leap to support team Lombardo even publicly.

Jim Little knew his support was lost among the delegates so a ticket was hastily put together with International VP Joesph Gordon placed at the top of the ticket to see if it would work and others could keep their positions and continue the initiatives Little had built. They did have two supporters in the AA TWU in Presidents Sidney Jimenez out of Local 568 and Darrin Pierce out of Local 513. There tag line being basically "Do you want a Bus or Rail guy back in control of the TWU"

During Gordon's campaign one guy on the ticket was offered an organizing position on Lombardo's team if they won and he then bailed on the ticket again maybe seeing the writing on the wall for their chances at success.

Team Gordon then quietly disappeared. They were a no show at the Convention and no letter of their concession and thanks to their supporters for both support and donations to the cause was ever put out by that team.

After Team Lombardo was sworn in as you may not completely know the bloodletting began. In particular familiar names to those of us at AA like Tim Gillespie, Bobby Gless and Don Videtech and others were told their services were no longer needed. (Putting it politely)

What was the CWA alliance?

What was the CWA alliance?

I suggest you try to locate Jim Little and ask him about it as I might be accused by NYer of spreading gossip from my handlers.

Or you can look up the TWU International LM2's and ask yourself the question why are we renting office space from the CWA in Washington DC when the TWU still owns a place in Brooklyn NY?

Whatever I say without documentation to back it up would only be construed as hearsay or twisted to fit someone else's narrative.

IMG_2510.PNG

OK NOW we have official documentation to begin to actually concern ourselves about the long term health and viability of the IAMNPF.

Welcome to the club, it is time for the TWU to end any discussion of the IAMPP
that trend is alarming.

Maybe the Company needs to do a rethink as well? And I am sorry to the people who are in it and maybe were relying on it.

With the Stock Market on the tear it's been on the last year I REALLY did expend that funding level to have gone UP not DOWN.