Aircraft maint issues

So now a "Trackworker" will be at the nego table for mechanics? Just great. It's the same as having a trucker, or fleet guy nego for the "Aircraft Mechanics".
Any dibs on why Harry left so abruptly? Sounds fishy to me.
The word I got today is that when he came to Tulsa to ask for support for his president's bid he said he'd do it for three years and then retire. He said he would not finish his term and apparently he was at three years. I heard this from two different guys who were there when he talked to the executive council of 514.

What was the CWA alliance?
Screenshot_20170503-202306.jpg

And that very expensive lease in DC was the sweetener on the deal I guess?

Alliances absolutely are a good thing but every one Jim got us into seemed to come with quite a few catches. CWA, IAM, IBT, an admission that he brought in the IBT to try to "inform" members about the scourge of AMFA.

"I don't get it, they started a card drive?"

WHAT??????

Not sure why these numbers have not set the thread on fire?

Quite simply, this case has been made many times over here before. I've known it was a POS scam 4 years ago when the IAM shouldered their way onto the property when they should have politely bowed out just like all the other lesser unions in the merger.
Why would they not bow out?
The IAMNPF.
This was their last, best chance to infuse it with fresh cash, our cash.

It was easy to see it was trending badly in the wrong direction.
It was easy to see it was not run by top notch Financial Experts.
It was easy to see it was not well run.
It was easy to see it didn't come close to being the vehicle for retirement monies that a 401K is.
And now that we have documentation supporting those facts, even a blind weaasel, er, squirrel can see it too, amazing.

Anything involving LAA going into the IAMNPF is dead on arrival. I know of not one person in M&R that wants it.

Last edited:
Quite simply, this case has been made many times over here before. I've known it was a POS scam 4 years ago when the IAM shouldered their way onto the property when they should have politely bowed out just like all the other lesser unions in the merger.
Why would they not bow out?
The IAMNPF.
This was their last, best chance to infuse it with fresh cash, our cash.

It was easy to see it was trending badly in the wrong direction.
It was easy to see it was not run by top notch Financial Experts.
It was easy to see it was not well run.
It was easy to see it didn't come close to being the vehicle for retirement monies that a 401K is.
And now that we have documentation supporting those facts, even a blind weaasel, er, squirrel can see it too, amazing.

Anything involving LAA going into the IAMNPF is dead on arrival. I know of not one person in M&E that wants it.

Hey the Weaasles and I clashed many times about the IAMPF, but give
Credit where credit is due, he supplied the document. ( with a side order
of crow)

Do I read this chart correctly? If the liabilities remained the same at end of year 16 then there is a 1.2 billion difference. And from the chart supplied it appears to be getting more into the hole as time goes on. Even though they report it being 96% funded Jan 2016, (and going down I might add), it does not give the true ballance of the fund. My question is why is it that the union and the pension fund pushers out here always have said that the pension fund is 90-103% funded, that don't mean crap when their liabilities out way the assets by over a Billion $$$. Run like hell from this pension guys.

Maybe they're confused and don't know what to make of the fact that I'm not a pitchman (pimp) for the IAMPF? :eek:
But I do recall you saying that you do want to be offered the IAMPF, for the pure sake of, not to be left out and not having a opportunity to have a choice, even tho the plan is poison. Some things shouldn't be left up to the members to decide. Democracy works sometimes but not always, remember, Trump is in office for 4 long years.

But I do recall you saying that you do want to be offered the IAMPF, for the pure sake of, not to be left out and not having a opportunity to have a choice, even tho the plan is poison. Some things shouldn't be left up to the members to decide. Democracy works sometimes but not always, remember, Trump is in office for 4 long years.

On financial issues I think I'm now wise enough to make my own choices yes. As far as my Brother, I can be my Brothers advisor but I don't want to be his keeper.

That last funding letter can't not put up a flashing red warning proceed with caution sign. For me tough questions need to be asked and answered.

On financial issues I think I'm now wise enough to make my own choices yes. As far as my Brother, I can be my Brothers advisor but I don't want to be his keeper.

That last funding letter can't not put up a flashing red warning proceed with caution sign. For me tough questions need to be asked and answered.
Fair enough, and the traffic headed in and out of the keys was horrible, brought my younger brother, from NY, he'll always be broke living in the city, and your right, I'll be a advisor, but not a keeper.

Yeah, members should not be able to decide. Spoken like a true leftist. Maybe you forgot but the MEMBERS pay the UNION to represent THEM.

Better Trump than that traitorous "open borders" Hillary Clinton.

I guess you wanted another one of our presidents bowing to the Muslims.

I am sure the employees of American Airlines don't mind funding the invasion of a bunch of welfare loving Muslim "refugees" and low cost labor from third world countries while paying higher taxes.

Ugh, that did`t take long. A trackworker takes over the international. FSC take over yet another AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE thread....smh

Reactions: 1AA and AA89
Not sure why these numbers have not set the thread on fire?
How about these numbers? These Multi-Employer Pensions are doomed as Corporate America continue to renege on promises made of the past to their loyal workforce. Economic challenges along with an increase of near term Pension recipients add to the risk of this Retirement type. This is my previous career prior to aviation and this teamster organization is providing me a compelling discussion as to why I shouldn't expect anything. IAMNPF has this in their recent past and will undoubtedly repeat most likely when our generation as 'Pensioners' will be in full stride.

Attachments

• 20170505_215317[1].jpg
    20170505_215317[1].jpg
    871.1 KB · Views: 245
How about these numbers? These Multi-Employer Pensions are doomed as Corporate America continue to renege on promises made of the past to their loyal workforce. Economic challenges along with an increase of near term Pension recipients add to the risk of this Retirement type. This is my previous career prior to aviation and this teamster organization is providing me a compelling discussion as to why I shouldn't expect anything. IAMNPF has this in their recent past and will undoubtedly repeat most likely when our generation as 'Pensioners' will be in full stride.

Unfortunately, I feel LAA, as a group, will be unable to prevent the IAMNPF.

Due to the fact that we were unable to resist the pre-JCBA, Letter of Agreement pay raise, there will be very few that would vote against a contract that included the IAMNPF and possibly risk losing that nice pay raise. There will be a small minority who resist, but the majority will not want to risk losing those payments for the nice new cars and trucks and boats and houses.

We've been bought and sold and played like fools.

The failing pension plan is a pyramid scheme, at best. Now all the AA folks have to do is find somebody else to buy in at the bottom to prop up your end.

The payback time on my investment in the IAMNPF is nearly 4 years before I make my first dime. I just hope I can a least get my initial investment back in the time the fund is still solvent.

Watch out, and keep your eyes and ears open because soon the snake oil salesmen will be coming to town on their covered wagons to sell you the magic elixir, the IAMNPF. Because, after all, you're too stupid to manage your own money.

Just like they told us.............