Aircraft maint issues

Classic example- Tuesday I was informed I needed to visit the sick nazi's
office, I sat in the reseptsionists area for 25 minutes only to be told I have been late 3 times in the last eleven months for a grand total of 6 minutes
for all 3 accurences. She informed me the next acurrance will trigger an F29 meeting and that I should think about using an hour of vacation. I told
her that will not happen because the next time highway 169 backs up at 2:30 in the afternoon it will surely trigger a migraine that normally lasts 3 days for me. What could she say my sick bank has been maxed out for years.

Silly question, but did you bring up Article 24 of our contract??? You can be late up to 15 minutes per occurance, and are allowed 2 occurances per year without affecting your attendance record....

Just another example of the prison like atmosphere.
I remember the company telling us the turnstiles would not be used for time and attendance, right before they fired the gullible.

The fences, the turnstiles, the work horns, the inflexible schedule. Yes that sounds like a prison alright.

Prison fence or American Airlines?

prison-fence.jpg

I guess it does not really matter. According to liberals fences don't work anyway.

Having to go explain why you needed to use sick day ( in which you
we're only paid 1/2 pay) to a snarky condescending prick every time
you are sick (the first time I had see the sick nazi I had 3 years of
perfect attendance and a maxed out sick bank) it tends to piss you off.
The prison atmosphere, the counseling they give you when you use sick time, read between the lines my friend. The company sees you not as an asset but a liability to be controlled.

Am I a bad employee? A jaded employee? Or a frustrated employee?
Why not go for the triple crown? :)

I understand and agree with what you are saying. At the risk of sounding repetitive you should look at the situation as a form of communication. What is the company telling you?

Maybe the workforce should do a little "communicating" of their own.

Silly question, but did you bring up Article 24 of our contract??? You can be late up to 15 minutes per occurance, and are allowed 2 occurances per year without affecting your attendance record....

It was my third occurance in 11 months and the total time was 6 minutes for all three. My point was that it is a joke that I waisted 45 minutes of their time because I was 2 minutes late 3 times (all traffic related)in less then one 12 month period. She only informed me my next would result in an F29, which I'am not concerned because it will not happen.

And BTW, two of the three occurance's I could have just not
clocked in and told my supervisor I forgot and they wold have used the
turnstile time (which they said they would not use when they
installed them but they do) because the turnstile time would not
have been late. But that would be lieing and I will take my medicine
(Because it is so stupid anyway) before I lie. Would my Union
choose I lie? It's all such a waste of everyone's time

And BTW, two of the three occurance's I could have just not
clocked in and told my supervisor I forgot and they wold have used the
turnstile time (which they said they would not use when they
installed them but they do) because the turnstile time would not
have been late. But that would be lieing and I will take my medicine
(Because it is so stupid anyway) before I lie. Would my Union
choose I lie? It's all such a waste of everyone's time

I understand, my point is that you should have told the attendance nazi to pound sand. They probably aren't even aware of that article. Sad thing is, most AMT's aren't even aware of that article.

well isom threw it out there in lga today. 40% more mechanics then Delta.

Pure negotiations tactic. Crank up the fear campaign. There are already guys beating the "money for jobs" drum. How many times will we fall for this? If we are that over manned they will lay off guys either way. Don't fall for the fear campaign. Look for this kind of rhetoric to increase in the coming days.

Reactions: dfw gen
well isom threw it out there in lga today. 40% more mechanics then Delta.

Looks like AA has 40% too many mechanics. I guess AA will have to learn how to manage their resources.

Let's look at the troubleshooting chart. Twice we gave money for jobs, twice that didn't work. What is the chart telling us?

Looks like AA has 40% too many mechanics. I guess AA will have to learn how to manage their resources.

Let's look at the troubleshooting chart. Twice we gave money for jobs, twice that didn't work. What is the chart telling us?
It is telling you that you have a bunch of easily manipulated cowards that have a low opinion of their worth to the company.

Pure negotiations tactic. Crank up the fear campaign. There are already guys beating the "money for jobs" drum. How many times will we fall for this? If we are that over manned they will lay off guys either way. Don't fall for the fear campaign. Look for this kind of rhetoric to increase in the coming days.
You could not be more correct.. If we have too many people, then we have too many people..Why did hiring continue from the onset of the merger? SCOPE is the big kahuna here........
I will repeat this as I have many many times before.....We should not have to give up ANYTHING to get a good contract.....But that is not how it works....For those of us getting impatient with the pace of negotiations saying frequently, "I want a contract", how do you respond to the fact that they are finally telling us that SCOPE is the main issue here? If anyone thinks they are getting a good contract without changes to Scope, you are going to be in for a rude awakening...No SCOPE, NO CONTRACT!

Latest posts