Aircraft maint issues

Quote from TWU 591 Newsletter

"The fact of the matter is that soon we will be entering into the three most significant articles of these negotiations: Scope, Compensation, and Benefits."

They will SOON be entering these articles? So what are the concessionary items they say the company keeps passing across the table from? And then asking for support on an Informational Picket line when the membership is clueless as to what the hold up really is! We pay money for this "Representation".

Yeah, it is kind of ironic that we will be doing informational picketing. All the while we are deprived of information from the negotiations!

I read it too 1AA. And your correct, if this was a 1 union representation then you guys would be done or at least a lot further. There are rumors out here that there is an info picketing coming late July, I hope there is, and I hope we can help out with it in our areas. But I saw no mention of the info picketing in the 7 page July 4th update. Do you know if they are really putting one on? I would have thought the pres. (Peterson) would have mentioned something about it, but he said nothing at all about it. I hope you guys do get one going with a fantastic showing of unity. The asso. should get it out to the other unions on property and invite any and all. It will bother the company if they see all that support from other top unions showing unity support for you guys.

Picketing is still on schedule for July 26th in DFW.

They will SOON be entering these articles? So what are the concessionary items they say the company keeps passing across the table from?

I had the same take away.
They announced "expedited executive level negotiations" in .... wait for it ... January.

Just can't make this stuff up.

Negotiations were suppose to start 30 days after the ratification of the Association. That was May of 2015. They actually met in November of 2015 just before the Holidays. That led to both sides wishing themselves happy holidays and we'll see you next year. January 2016 rolled around and here we are over two years later with vague updates, finger pointing between the association and company. Both unions still arguing over articles and work ethics. We can't agree on what to present to the company because of the TWU and IAM disagreements. We had a resignation of the TWU president because he could not take the pressure. The current TWU president knows nothing about "AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ISSUES ".
As long as the dues keep flowing into the TWU, IAM, IAMPF and the AFL-CIO not much is going to change. UAL/CAL took 5 years after their contract became amendable to get a JCBA. They did it with one union representing both sides and they too had their differences in work rules and ethics and so on. I'll just keep my seat belt on for this ride. It's going to be a long ride before I can take it off.

" ONE UNION, ONE VOICE"

Reactions: Flying low
This kind of reminds me of 2008 ,
we were in negotiations and the TWU peeps were running around the system saying, "we're waiting until Obama gets elected, that will help us get a better contract".
Good times...

This kind of reminds me of 2008 ,
we were in negotiations and the TWU peeps were running around the system saying, "we're waiting until Obama gets elected, that will help us get a better contract".
Good times...
Good old UNION propaganda.

They serve their Democrat masters well.

Hey guys, sorry for interruption but it appears we might very well be on our way to a possible vote (not T/A) by this fall. SWA is wanting us to indulge into a Mediator-Arbitrator nego's after our next nego's meeting on July 17-19th. If no T/A is produced after that nego's session then we may enter into the Med-Arb type of nego's. The co. states that they will adhere to what ever the arb. says on any open articles, and we, as a membership will have a vote rather we accept or decline. So basically we will have a choice and the company will not. Union is calling for a union meeting on the 20th of July at a local hotel conference room expecting a rather large crowd, and may be asking the membership if they should continue with this type of nego to allow the membership to go ahead and vote. If the co. does not move one iota on their current offers I expect a huge 90% or better no vote if the NC allows this to come out. We all think it's a test or meter if you will to see what the co. has to do to get a passing vote to barely pass. The meeting set for the 20th will probably set the future way we go with all this. Some are liking it, and some are not. Not sure the NC feelings on any of this as of yet. Now I will have to figure out just how much RETRO I am deserved in order to get ready for a "possible" vote. No vote will pass without full RETRO, just like the pilots got. Headcount protections (LOA 1 & 2) remains. Scope remains. And basically no concessions in these times of record profits under our current existing contract, no concessions are required. Will update when I get more info.

And the IAMPF will be heading that way unless the association can suck us AA TWU guys into their pyramid scam.
Don't get sucked in. Can't these union officials see that this is a reaccuring event with the pensions? After the feds cut these pensions listed in the article, then this same problem will come again in another 10 years, at which time, yes some of you will be going thru the unions and feds gutting pension funds up to and including up to 60% cuts in benefits paid out. The 2 that should stand out the most is the teamsters (as usual) and the IAM's pension are currently on the chopping blocks. But take note, all these pensions are union's pensions affecting over 20,000 union retirees as well as current workers, because when they cut current retirees benefits they are in fact cutting all future retiree's benefits as well, it just doesn't affect you YET because you are not retired yet receiving benefits but you will be in the future and your future benefits are cut at retirement just like the retirees are now. Hate seeing this many pension funds in trouble at once, but as we can all see pensions are always getting reduced, cut, frozen or all together discharged over to the fed gov for massive benefit reductions at retirement time, then what is all the retirees gonna do? Some will have no choice but to reenter the employment field, but God forbid they accidently start a new job from the restricted jobs on the unions pension list and get the entire pension shut down. This alone should make people run like hell from the pension ideas even if they are currently fully funded because they will not be fully funded in another 10-20 years when the fed gov will be asked to force cuts yet again by request from all the unions do to lack of participants, there are more cuts coming in the future.

Informational Picketing

Brothers and Sisters,

I have raised my voice for Tulsa for exactly 2 years on July 6th about the need to get a contract. The time has come to take action publicly. It is pathetic that American Airlines profits are not considered by them to be high enough that they can actually do the very thing that has come out of their mouths in town halls with you across the nation. Give you an industry leading contract. Had they kept their word by now you wouldn’t be today taking only your second holiday off of the year.

Myself along with the International and all Air Division TWU Locals have been working on a plan to do informational picketing in cities across the nation.

Today I received a text from the President of TWU Local 567 Rollie Reaves stating that the Dallas area locals put out a letter that stated they will picket the Dallas area on July 26th. (Which I already knew from our conference call with all the presidents last week).

Tulsa will be in the mix to do informational picketing just like all the other US cities. Local 514 Officer Terry Buck will be our point man for organizing Tulsa dates as well as trips to help other local walk the picket line.

One Voice, UNION!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your 2nd holiday
Happy 4th
Dale

I will be glad to join you if you allow me to carry an anti IAMPF sign.