Aircraft maint issues

Parker claims American Airlines can turn a annual profit of $5 BILLION a year for years to come.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/142...ects-a-turning-point-in-industry-history.html

And Parker has said that American should regularly produce an annual profit around $5 billion but investors haven't yet realized it.

"If you believe the company is going to produce $5 billion on a regular basis, on an average basis the company is undervalued," Parker declared at the carrier's annual meeting in June.

So if he believes that much of a profit think how much more of a profit American will turn with happy employees on the front lines. Biggest airline should have the best pay, profit sharing, 401k plan, vacation, medical and so on. The pace of the negotiations says otherwise.

Reactions: anotherdelay
I will be glad to join you if you allow me to carry an anti IAMPF sign.
Join in and carry your sign.

This is just the start even state & city employee pensions are failing, the state of Illinois is about to go bankrupt because it cant pay its pension obligations.

Yes. Our very own here in Dallas Tx Police and Firefighters pensions are on the chopping block and will bankrupt Dallas as they are, pretty sure they will get slammed with at least 50% cut soon if not frozen or handed over to the fed gov. So sad man...

Reactions: anotherdelay
Brothers and Sisters,

I wanted to take a minute to address a few things in regards to the upcoming informational picket scheduled on Wednesday, July 26th, 2017.

The first thing I want everyone to understand, is that this picket isn't just being planned by Local 513. It's an equal and collaborative effort with all of the TWU Locals on the property here in DFW. Those Locals are 513, 567, and 591. Our Local, 513, has about 3900 members. Local 567 has over 500 mechanics here in DFW, with the bulk of them at the DWH hangar. Local 591 represents over 3800 line mechanics and Stores Clerks system-wide, and over 1100 of those are here in DFW.

The Presidents of these three Locals are all members of the Negotiating Committees for Fleet Service and Maintenance. The Negotiating Committee members have been sitting at the negotiating table for nearly two years, fighting to secure the very best contract they can for us. We've asked a lot of our negotiating team, and not once since they've sat down with the company have they asked us for anything. Now they've asked for the memberships' help, and what they're asking us to do doesn't require much effort on our part at all. They're simply asking us to show up on the picket line on July 26th as a show of solidarity. That's not much, considering all we've asked of them.

Further, we have contacted all the other Unions on the property, and received a swift response from the Pilots, Flight Attendants, and Passenger Service Agents that they will mobilize their memberships, and fully support us on the picket line.

We also have full support of all the Local Presidents around the system, as well as the support of our International Leadership.

Finally, I understand everyone wants to know each and every detail in regards to the picket. Rest assured, you will be fully informed on everything you need to know in advance. Every detail of this picket is strategically planned and well thought out, including when to release exact details.

Make no mistake, on July 26th a message will be sent. A large turnout shows that we're tired of working under a contract that was forced upon us in bankruptcy, and a small turnout shows that we're good with whatever we get, whenever we get it.

Reactions: swamt and OldGuy@AA
FB_IMG_1499814886083.jpg

Brothers and Sisters,

I wanted to take a minute to address a few things in regards to the upcoming informational picket scheduled on Wednesday, July 26th, 2017.

The first thing I want everyone to understand, is that this picket isn't just being planned by Local 513. It's an equal and collaborative effort with all of the TWU Locals on the property here in DFW. Those Locals are 513, 567, and 591. Our Local, 513, has about 3900 members. Local 567 has over 500 mechanics here in DFW, with the bulk of them at the DWH hangar. Local 591 represents over 3800 line mechanics and Stores Clerks system-wide, and over 1100 of those are here in DFW.

The Presidents of these three Locals are all members of the Negotiating Committees for Fleet Service and Maintenance. The Negotiating Committee members have been sitting at the negotiating table for nearly two years, fighting to secure the very best contract they can for us. We've asked a lot of our negotiating team, and not once since they've sat down with the company have they asked us for anything. Now they've asked for the memberships' help, and what they're asking us to do doesn't require much effort on our part at all. They're simply asking us to show up on the picket line on July 26th as a show of solidarity. That's not much, considering all we've asked of them.

Further, we have contacted all the other Unions on the property, and received a swift response from the Pilots, Flight Attendants, and Passenger Service Agents that they will mobilize their memberships, and fully support us on the picket line.

We also have full support of all the Local Presidents around the system, as well as the support of our International Leadership.

Finally, I understand everyone wants to know each and every detail in regards to the picket. Rest assured, you will be fully informed on everything you need to know in advance. Every detail of this picket is strategically planned and well thought out, including when to release exact details.

Make no mistake, on July 26th a message will be sent. A large turnout shows that we're tired of working under a contract that was forced upon us in bankruptcy, and a small turnout shows that we're good with whatever we get, whenever we get it.

Has the TWU or anyone received any kind of swift response from the IAM union on showing up and giving full support for this info picketing being planned? I see the other unions for Pilots, F/A's, and PSA's have quickly responded with full support and mobilizing. But I see no words of support or action from any IAM leadership or international letter of support. I see nothing from the IAM, am I missing something here or what? Maybe I missed the full support from the IAM side. All other unions on property showing such great unity in support for you guys, why is the IAM so quiet???

Has the TWU or anyone received any kind of swift response from the IAM union on showing up and giving full support for this info picketing being planned? I see the other unions for Pilots, F/A's, and PSA's have quickly responded with full support and mobilizing. But I see no words of support or action from any IAM leadership or international letter of support. I see nothing from the IAM, am I missing something here or what? Maybe I missed the full support from the IAM side. All other unions on property showing such great unity in support for you guys, why is the IAM so quiet???

Nope. Nothing from the IAM as far as I know.

I`m guessing the IAM is fat,dumb and happy. Why rock the boat? They have better holidays,overtime, holiday pay,shift differential and cheaper medical. The TWU membership has had it. We are pushing back and want to, at a minimum, enjoy parity with our IAM counterparts. It`s up to the IAM if they want in this fight. They are certainly welcome to join us at DFW on July 26th. AMTs, FSC, Facilities maintenance,Pilots and Flight attendants are all coming together that day. I`d hope the IAM shows up as well. Will this protest push the company to the table? No, but it is a push in the right direction. It is a building block to help get this thing done. Hopefully it will push the momentum and keep rolling thru other stations. IMHO, ORD got the ball rolling with their heated town hall meeting. I`m looking forward to the 26th. I hope to see our IAM brothers and sisters standing with us. -HOG

Reactions: swamt
dvlhog the picketing is a good idea. Parker has stated that we will be banking 5 BILLION in profits a year for the foreseeable future. A lot of the American public does not want to see American jobs going over seas much less when companies are making record profits. I understand that some of the public only wants to see a cheap ticket but AA has fleeced its employees since 2003 with concessions and continued in 2011 with a sham bankruptcy. AA has paid its executives like Horton bonuses when by law they were not suppose to. Remember when we were told that it was going to be a shared sacrifice and we took a 17 1/2 % pay cut and management took a pay freeze for 1 year. That was fair right ???? It is time for them to pay up. From what I am being told there will be trucks with HD video boards rolling thru DFW informing the public of the companies intentions to outsource American jobs overseas and other things that public needs to know when they are making RECORD PROFITS. The pilots and the F/A unions are going to be there to support us as well. We need to greet them with open arms to show the company that this is not a fight for one group. It is a fight for every group of employees. The company has intentionally drug its heals in negotiations lately by not having people in negotiations that could make a decision. Which in my opinion was part of there plan to begin with. If this is going to work it will work because of the people on the floor not because of the internationals after all it was the locals that took the bull by the horns while the internationals sat on there ASSES.

I`m cautiously optimistic about the turnout for July 26th. The addition of high definition rolling bulletin board is a nice touch. I`m off that day and plan on spending the entire day either walking the line or helping out anyway I can. I feel if we are going to cry and complain about the pace of negotiations. We dang well better show up and put our money where our mouth is.

July 11, 2017

Mr. Doug Parker
CEO, American Airlines
4333 Amon Carter Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76155

Mr. Parker,

On behalf of the Tarrant County Central Labor Council, I’m writing to express my disappointment with American Airlines as a corporate citizen of Tarrant County, North Texas, and the nation.

American is one of Tarrant County’s largest employers, and its thousands of employees have always been the first to volunteer in the community. American workers’ labor and sacrifice in the community are invaluable to our citizenry, society, culture, and the commons of our republic. American Airlines workers get it... Citizens participating in the community is a positive for all. The workers at American have always understood the value of participating in the community. However, American Airlines as a corporate citizen is failing.

Part of the reason American Airlines is ‘permitted’ to exist in our republic as a business and as a corporate citizen of the community is because of the value that American provides to our country’s transportation needs and the jobs that are subsequently created to meet that need. Those transportation jobs fuel our nation’s economy. The value those jobs provide to the community should be in parity with the value American Airlines gains and benefits from being a corporate citizen of that community.

Just as the value of stock is negotiated and bargained at NASDAQ and Wall Street and the salaries of executives are negotiated in boardrooms across the country, the workers at American Airlines have the freedom to organize and bargain collectively for better wages and working conditions. As you well know, the ground employees, represented by the Transport Workers Union are currently in negotiations with American Airlines for a collectively bargained union contract for the value of their labor. It is time for American Airlines to recognize the value and sacrifices of its employees and sign a fair and equitable contract with the Transport Workers Union.

Ground workers at American Airlines deserve an industry leading contract agreement for their labor that is commensurate to the industry leading profits and benefits that the company gains as this nation’s largest airline. The time has come for American to sign a collective bargaining agreement with the Transport Workers Union, stop stalling with negotiations on a contract, and participate in being a bigger part of the community. It is time for American Airlines to own its corporate citizenship in Tarrant County and across our nation.

Sincerely,
Brian Golden
President, TCCLC
Proud TWU 591 Member

spacer.png

Latest posts