Aircraft Maintenance and support under Trump

Thanks Traymark,

I laughed so hard at your ignorant reply it took me awhile to think about it.

FYI, I voted for Trump so don't get your panties in a wad.

Trump is against outsourcing, I don't GAF what DemoRATS and/or RepubliRATS could never do or even care about us.
If your A$$Clown Onions don't step up to this last opportunity to bring work back to US then all is lost.
Better pack your bags and work at Denny's!
I have been an advocate for aviation workers for more than 40 years. Where the **** have you been?

I used to post here and other sites under my own name and when I was shown the door at the Lazy'U, I could not find a job 'anywhere' as the 'interweebs' had my info.

Yes, I paid a heavy price for supporting 'any' union and AMFA.

I can never work in aviation again,what have you done?

If I may continue off topic for a moment.
I was a union steward for some 8 plus years.....wanna know why?
Because no one wanted to be BOTHERED. I was a Republican too, that was fun. I asked to go for training at the IAMAW Education Center and was repeatedly passed over...wanna guess why? Finally, it got so bad for recruits they came to me in my 7th year as a steward. I was to go again in 2005 but I had enough and took the early out. I saw worker involvement at an all time low. Bribe members with pizza and beer after the meeting and we had trouble getting a quorum. Attendance on daylight and midnight was a little better but nothing to write home about, daylight was much more senior too.

Saw a couple runs for representation challenges...AMFA was the soup de jour.....everybody wanted AMFA.....AMFA rally, one of my coworkers asked what AMFA was going to do for us, AMFA Man said "nothing, you're going to do it for yourself"...(stunned silence in the crowd) I got a good laugh out of that.

Ramp wanted representation, got a first contract.....mind you, a first contract....a base for future negotiations.....well they weren't happy with what they got and went for another representation drive and couldn't garner 50+1 and lost union representation on the property.....company wacked full time and the ramp was mostly part time with people having to come to work twice during pushes.

Bring us to now and Trump. A lot of my union (PIT) brothers I have contact with still hold the hard line and are freaking out with Trump. I tried too get them to see that if Trump brings jobs back, many will be union jobs but they keep the staunch anti-conservative dem establishment line that made many dem workers listen to and vote Trump. You wouldn't believe the backlash as they are still following the dem TPM everyday and as far as I'm concerned, not thinking for themselves. I told a guy who put a lot of effort and sacrifice into the union that he should be focusing on why your party members are crossing over and seeking the vision and message being offered by the opposing party.

They freak out that national right to work may become reality, who's feet do you lay the blame on that? My answer to that has always been a Union is a product, you have have a good product that makes people want to belong, want to belong, not forced into joining. Get people to want to join and people will want to protect what they own.

My 2 cents.

They freak out that national right to work may become reality, who's feet do you lay the blame on that? My answer to that has always been a Union is a product, you have have a good product that makes people want to belong, want to belong, not forced into joining. Get people to want to join and people will want to protect what they own.

My 2 cents.

Here's mine - I don't work for a union. Last time I did was 1981 (Teamsters). Since then I have held "white collar" jobs which are typically non union. BUT...It bugs me to hear union bashing...and you HAVE to look at history. I got a minimum of 2 weeks vacation every year. I got sick time every year. White collar jobs are most likely more anal about workplace safety that jobs where people are running around airplanes, trucks and cars. My pay is good. And the REASON for all that is because unions earned it for all of us. I've seen the impact of what happens to a "non union" white collar shop during hard times...Just after I left Sprint, they implemented a "mandatory 50" hour work week. We were all "exempt" from the labor laws governing overtime. Come evaluation time, the guys who "only" worked a 50 hour week were considered slackers. I drove by their headquarters one Christmas day and there were quite a few cars in the lot....and there was NOTHING in that building that had any need for people to be there 24/7.

Yeah...unions are nothing more than business anymore. But when the fervor gets built up to abolish them by becoming "right to work"...you'll start to see things like vacations go by the wayside. You'll see a lot of the thing you take for granted today (including pay) start to suffer. I don't know....there is so much focus on "shareholder value" these days that should we go "right to work", the attitude will be "you're lucky you have a job". And pay will get cut. Benefits will get cut (witness pension programs). Employers will shift more of the burden of paying for health insurance back to the worker. And when that day comes, that "product" of a union will suddenly start to look a lot better.

Here's mine - I don't work for a union. Last time I did was 1981 (Teamsters). Since then I have held "white collar" jobs which are typically non union. BUT...It bugs me to hear union bashing...and you HAVE to look at history. I got a minimum of 2 weeks vacation every year. I got sick time every year. White collar jobs are most likely more anal about workplace safety that jobs where people are running around airplanes, trucks and cars. My pay is good. And the REASON for all that is because unions earned it for all of us. I've seen the impact of what happens to a "non union" white collar shop during hard times...Just after I left Sprint, they implemented a "mandatory 50" hour work week. We were all "exempt" from the labor laws governing overtime. Come evaluation time, the guys who "only" worked a 50 hour week were considered slackers. I drove by their headquarters one Christmas day and there were quite a few cars in the lot....and there was NOTHING in that building that had any need for people to be there 24/7.

Yeah...unions are nothing more than business anymore. But when the fervor gets built up to abolish them by becoming "right to work"...you'll start to see things like vacations go by the wayside. You'll see a lot of the thing you take for granted today (including pay) start to suffer. I don't know....there is so much focus on "shareholder value" these days that should we go "right to work", the attitude will be "you're lucky you have a job". And pay will get cut. Benefits will get cut (witness pension programs). Employers will shift more of the burden of paying for health insurance back to the worker. And when that day comes, that "product" of a union will suddenly start to look a lot better.

Yeah, our union interest peaked when people were faced with job loss in bankruptcy. Even that subsided after 2 approaching three. Became old hat. After all the peaked interest, meetings were about the same as before, once everybody knew what was coming.

Unions made great contributions to labor laws and workplace safety, no doubt. Employers today know what they need to provide to keep people happy and not seeking union representation....that's a given.

I don't think national right to work laws would eliminate unions......if it did then it would be a case of you don't know what you got until it's gone....ask the ramp guys. I think they lucked out through mergers now.

I was a union steward for some 8 plus years.....wanna know why?
Because no one wanted to be BOTHERED. I was a Republican too, that was fun. I asked to go for training at the IAMAW Education Center and was repeatedly passed over...wanna guess why? Finally, it got so bad for recruits they came to me in my 7th year as a steward. I was to go again in 2005 but I had enough and took the early out. I saw worker involvement at an all time low. Bribe members with pizza and beer after the meeting and we had trouble getting a quorum. Attendance on daylight and midnight was a little better but nothing to write home about, daylight was much more senior too.

Saw a couple runs for representation challenges...AMFA was the soup de jour.....everybody wanted AMFA.....AMFA rally, one of my coworkers asked what AMFA was going to do for us, AMFA Man said "nothing, you're going to do it for yourself"...(stunned silence in the crowd) I got a good laugh out of that.

Ramp wanted representation, got a first contract.....mind you, a first contract....a base for future negotiations.....well they weren't happy with what they got and went for another representation drive and couldn't garner 50+1 and lost union representation on the property.....company wacked full time and the ramp was mostly part time with people having to come to work twice during pushes.

Bring us to now and Trump. A lot of my union (PIT) brothers I have contact with still hold the hard line and are freaking out with Trump. I tried too get them to see that if Trump brings jobs back, many will be union jobs but they keep the staunch anti-conservative dem establishment line that made many dem workers listen to and vote Trump. You wouldn't believe the backlash as they are still following the dem TPM everyday and as far as I'm concerned, not thinking for themselves. I told a guy who put a lot of effort and sacrifice into the union that he should be focusing on why your party members are crossing over and seeking the vision and message being offered by the opposing party.

My 2 cents.
Nope, you are exactly on topic!
Two thumbs up!

You and I have few disagreements, if any.

Sure, I try to kick you in the nuts:D once in awhile to stir debate for entertainment ;) but you always seem to kick my a$$:eek: LOL!
I know your story and you know mine.
NOW is the best and (IMHO) , last time these people (not you or I) have to make a change but they are too disenfranchised (i.e. stupid:p) to realize it.
That was my point (as you well know).
Yea, it was tough for me too being an AMFA rep surrounded by a bunch of sheep that did 'nothing' than ***** and whine.
They think only the DemoRATS can save them, but we know from experience that it's all bullshit!
I hope some of these folks learn, but I doubt it.
Right now they should be collectively pressing their case for in-sourcing again, but these unions will 'NEVER' agree.
Too lazy to do anything but expect a paycheck!

You take care my Friend!
:cool: UAL_TECH
My 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: delldude
At that AMFA rally in PIT, when the IAM member asked what AMFA was going to do for us and He replied "nothing, you are going to do it for yourselves".

It was like
566ff4519059de14769e831e589ab615-pops.gif
And I'm not kidding.

At that AMFA rally in PIT, when the IAM member asked what AMFA was going to do for us and He replied "nothing, you are going to do it for yourselves".

It was like
566ff4519059de14769e831e589ab615-pops.gif
And I'm not kidding.
LOL!
We can talk these stories every day. How asinine is the 'membership?
After AMFA was voted in at the Lazy'U, I went to the back shops handing out informational flyers, one worker asked me if they will finally get a shop rep, I said ' of course, that would be you!'
Not sure but I think I smelled ammonia as he pissed his pants.... :eek:

If you take a look at the AIRR Act that was proposed by Delldude's guy Shuster (R-PA) in the House Transportation Committee (Shuster is chairman) last year, it included mandatory drug testing and background checks for safety sensitive workers at foreign repair stations doing heavy maintenance work on 121 certificated air carriers. Look at section 402.

http://transportation.house.gov/uploadedfiles/airr_act_text.pdf

It has a lot of other stuff like privatization of the FAA Air Traffic Organization and how it is funded. This will be brought up again this year and will pass. Look for this to take effect on 10/1/2017. Look for airlines to lobby hard to get rid of the testing and background checks. It costs money. And with Chao as DOTSEC, she will probably work with Congress (her husband, McConnel) to get it stripped.

Call your congress critter while you have a chance.

You're welcome for this PSA. Now go back to beating each other up while you get screwed by lobbyists and your onion.

If you take a look at the AIRR Act that was proposed by Delldude's guy Shuster (R-PA) in the House Transportation Committee (Shuster is chairman) last year, it included mandatory drug testing and background checks for safety sensitive workers at foreign repair stations doing heavy maintenance work on 121 certificated air carriers. Look at section 402.

http://transportation.house.gov/uploadedfiles/airr_act_text.pdf

It has a lot of other stuff like privatization of the FAA Air Traffic Organization and how it is funded. This will be brought up again this year and will pass. Look for this to take effect on 10/1/2017. Look for airlines to lobby hard to get rid of the testing and background checks. It costs money. And with Chao as DOTSEC, she will probably work with Congress (her husband, McConnel) to get it stripped.

Call your congress critter while you have a chance.

You're welcome for this PSA. Now go back to beating each other up while you get screwed by lobbyists and your onion.

Wrong...Delldude's guy is Mike 'No show' Doyle.

I'd be very surprised if testing goes away....big liability issue.

I think the Johnstown area.

Think about what would happen if testing wasn't done and a stoner screwed something up causing a crash. Airline unknowingly let that clown work on their A/C but would be liable based on past testing I'd bet. What do you think?

Dude's got some serious power right now. I'll bet most of the mechanics out there have no frigging clue who he is, or how their entire future rides in his (lobbyists) hands.

The best position I ever held in my onion life was legislative liaison for our local lodge. I learned how important it was for people to call their reps. Peeps would be amazed at how votes/support can be moved by the amount of phone calls received by a congressional office.

The latest example was the ethics rule change tried by the new house. There was a huge campaign by a group of us ethics wonks to call each and every congressional office. They were overwhelmed, and they dialed it back.

We used to be able to do that at the local lodge. But now you have a bunch of puss ants in now. The TWU and IAM have made their bed. Until members are willing to pur in the work, expect the steamroller.

Rant off

Dude's got some serious power right now. I'll bet most of the mechanics out there have no frigging clue who he is, or how their entire future rides in his (lobbyists) hands.

The best position I ever held in my onion life was legislative liaison for our local lodge. I learned how important it was for people to call their reps. Peeps would be amazed at how votes/support can be moved by the amount of phone calls received by a congressional office.

The latest example was the ethics rule change tried by the new house. There was a huge campaign by a group of us ethics wonks to call each and every congressional office. They were overwhelmed, and they dialed it back.

We used to be able to do that at the local lodge. But now you have a bunch of puss ants in now. The TWU and IAM have made their bed. Until members are willing to pur in the work, expect the steamroller.

Rant off

That ethic rule change, Trump slapped them on it too....said we got bigger issues.