AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE OUTSOURCING SUMMIT-NATIONAL PRESS CLUB

No this is what I like to see. Taking our issues to the media and public.
Has way more effect than loud mouthing at a town hall.

https://www.local591.com/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=762957

Very interesting to read what Robert Crandall has to say about outsourcing. You remember him? The AA CEO who the unions didn't like either?

Well if you notice it’s being sponsored by the TWU and the AMFA National Director will also be participating so it looks like the TWU and AMFA walk arm and arm now.

And the closing remarks will be given by the loudmouth that you don’t like.

Well if you notice it’s being sponsored by the TWU and the AMFA National Director will also be participating so it looks like the TWU and AMFA walk arm and arm now.

I can't wait to hear the airlines' response to this. Especially ours!

I can't wait to hear the airlines' response to this. Especially ours!

I hate to say this but why would you expect them to respond? And if they did respond I’m sure it would be their customary canned response how they currently do more in house Maintenance than any other Airlines and their proposal continues that practice.

I hate to say this but why would you expect them to respond? And if they did respond I’m sure it would be their customary canned response how they currently do more in house Maintenance than any other Airlines and their proposal continues that practice.
I think they might given it's sponsored by the TWU. Never mind the outsourcing percentage, if AA or other airlines respond, it will be more of a safety related response.

Needless to say, now be be the best time for this given the 737 MAX fiasco. Maybe the flying public will care a tad more about safety rather than price.

I think they might given it's sponsored by the TWU. Never mind the outsourcing percentage, if AA or other airlines respond, it will be more of a safety related response.

Needless to say, now be be the best time for this given the 737 MAX fiasco. Maybe the flying public will care a tad more about safety rather than price.

Metal whether you agree or disagree with how and where both the TWU and AMFA are shining a spotlight on offshoring Aircraft Maintenance work, it’s still a full court press for both groups. And it doesn’t even matter that AMFA now has a deal in place with SWA and it’s not going to matter when the TWU gets one either.

And BTW that includes being a loudmouth at a Town Hall telling the President of the Worlds largest Airline that “You have a Business plan and you want to implement that Business plan and I’m here to tell you that that’s not gonna happen”

Metal you can’t have one without the other. You can’t apply pressure on the Outsourcing and then just passively accept what the Company is offering which entails more of it.

And the Public has extreme short term memory so you have to keep pounding the drum daily to try and get through.

BTW don’t forget as President of the TWU John Samuelsen was shown American’s Business “Plan” Something the rest of us don’t get to look at.

That Business Plan is obviously something that he feels doesn’t benefit us.

Metal whether you agree or disagree with how and where both the TWU and AMFA are shining a spotlight on offshoring Aircraft Maintenance work, it’s still a full court press for both groups. And it doesn’t even matter that AMFA now has a deal in place with SWA and it’s not going to matter when the TWU gets one either.

And BTW that includes being a loudmouth at a Town Hall telling the President of the Worlds largest Airline that “You have a Business plan and you want to implement that Business plan and I’m here to tell you that that’s not gonna happen”

Metal you can’t have one without the other. You can’t apply pressure on the Outsourcing and then just passively accept what the Company is offering which entails more of it.

And the Public has extreme short term memory so you have to keep pounding the drum daily to try and get through.
So basically, a company, any company, is not allowed to run its business unless the union approves?
Let's see what the mood is if we were ever allowed to strike where the company imposed its terms and replaces employees at will. How about another trip to bankruptcy court?
Listen, WeAAz, I don't like the loudmouth, that's it. However I do like the media blitz that is about to be bestowed on the public. Kudos and It's about time.
So, have the last word, and I am finished with the topic of Samuelsen The Great!
If he wins the day, more power to him. If, either by strike or bankruptcy, we all lose, then he needs to take responsibility.

Last edited:
So basically, a company, any company, is not allowed to run its business unless the union approves?
Let's see what the mood is if we were ever allowed to strike where the company imposed its terms and replaces employees at will. How about another trip to bankruptcy court?
Listen, WeAAz, I don't like the loudmouth, that's it. However I do like the media blitz that is about to be bestowed on the public. Kudos and It's about time.
So, have the last word, and I am finished with the topic of Samuelsen The Great!
If he wins the day, more power to him. If, either by strike or bankruptcy, we all lose, then he needs to take responsibility.

The media blitz that’s “about” to be bestowed????? I mean WTF? Are you blind?

So what if the Business said it wanted to run it’s plan with no Unions whatsoever in the House? You think the Union should just go along with that plan?

No they can’t run their Business however they like unless the Union approves. Why do you think the Company is always bumping up against the Pilots Scope clause for Regionals.

And the ONLY reason you don’t like Samuelsen is because you’re looking down on him because you think he’s nothing more than an uneducated NYC Subway worker. It’s that elitist attitude seeping in again.

So who would you like to see as your type of Union President and how effective do you think that choice would be?

Another thing. You say you want to vote and would vote no. So if you vote no then it’s you who is authorizing that you would rather Strike or see the Company twist you again in a Bankruptcy Court.

Otherwise if you really don’t want that then you would be saying you want to vote and you want to vote yes. That’s the only way you get out of your last sentence unscathed.