Aircraft Retirements

Any info on the VEOP? How many per station and per work group? When will awards be posted? What is the time line for implementation? Nothing on Jetnet since the closing date to apply.

Any info on the VEOP? How many per station and per work group? When will awards be posted? What is the time line for implementation? Nothing on Jetnet since the closing date to apply.
I think Apr 13 n 20 wld be dates ive heard of. Not sure if its DC or system wide

I read today that a 757 had a tail strike on landing the other day in LAS. Then it flew right to ROW.

Is that true? How many 757's are now left in the fleet?

It's beginning to look like that old joke about the business man who needed to hire an accountant. He asked each applicant, "how much is 2+2?" Every candidate answered "4" except the last candidate who was hired. He answered "what would you like it to be?"

HA!

I read today that a 757 had a tail strike on landing the other day in LAS. Then it flew right to ROW.
Is that true?

I'm assuming it's this one?

http://avherald.com/h?article=4d59e06b&opt=0

Well you guys are showing some great numbers when it comes to the takers of the leave options. Nearly 40% for you all. Hoping our numbers pick up a bit in the next two months. If ya can take it people, take it, (at my airline) as our CEO has said, it will aid in less layoffs, furloughs later if they are needed at all, BUT, will be only a "last result" move if needed.
Thx for the numbers Kev. if I get a total on ours I will update. Take care, be safe and stay healthy all. Any ones life is not worth the risk just to keep showing up for work just because. :)

They're now offering 1/3/6/9/12 month leaves, and have sweetened the pot to cover things like medical premiums while you're gone. I anticipate more people making the leap. I took a week later in June, but may just make that a month. Might be the only time I'm ever able to hold that much vacation time in the summer. Lol.

Still no word on any sort of formal Early Out package. DL has been pretty blunt about how this is going to get worse before it gets better, but they are also pretty adamant about wanting to avoid layoffs if possible.

Clear all TWU Local 591 Bulletin Board's of any and all Court Documents
:
Fellow TWU Local 591 Representatives at all Regions,
:

Per the TWU International you may clear all TWU Local 591 Bulletin Board's of any and all Court Documents related to the Injunction.
:

A more detailed update is forthcoming.
:

Fraternally,

Jorge Rojas
TWU Local 591
Recording Secretary

Clear all TWU Local 591 Bulletin Board's of any and all Court Documents
:
Fellow TWU Local 591 Representatives at all Regions,
:

Per the TWU International you may clear all TWU Local 591 Bulletin Board's of any and all Court Documents related to the Injunction.
:

A more detailed update is forthcoming.
:

Fraternally,

Jorge Rojas
TWU Local 591
Recording Secretary

the fix is in......

Ok... let talk about the postal workers... take it over to the cooler dude...
The topic was not the postal service. The topic was tens of billion of dollars and how some people think that high debt load is inconsequential as to who the government will support through this crises. I only used the post office as an example because they have ongoing long term financial issues that have yet to be remedied. If you would focus more on critical thinking and less on being a smart ass you would have figured that out on your own without me having to spell it out for you. Perhaps in the future I will use smaller words and bright colors for your benefit.

Last edited:
Im glad your annoyed, wtf ru talking about bailouts on 2 threads for? Did you know, there a whole thread devoted to bailouts right above this one? This one says something about "aircraft retirements" IDIOT...
Who cares. The comment I was replying to was on THIS thread..... idiot.

Latest posts