Aloha Airlines to Liquidate

DesertFA66

Advanced
Nov 12, 2006
Aloha Airlines announced it plans to cease operations tomorrow, March 31, 2008 for it's Passenger Service division. Very sad to see this happen. :( :(

I wish the grumbling that goes on on this board about our company could just sit back and think a little bit about how fortunate all of us are, especially the pilots! Especially in this day and age...don't take things for granted! :mellow:

I wish the grumbling that goes on on this board about our company could just sit back and think a little bit about how fortunate all of us are, especially the pilots! Especially in this day and age...don't take things for granted! :mellow:

Yes, how fortunate you are to be working for a company that hates its customers and employees. :rolleyes:

Aloha Airlines announced it plans to cease operations tomorrow, March 31, 2008 for it's Passenger Service division. Very sad to see this happen. :( :(

Fortunate, Parker has this place heading in the same direction. This company needs to be split back up or we will suffer the same fate.

Actually, as much as I find Tempe's methods and goals mystifying at times, I did just read an article in one of the international newspapers, I think it was the Wall Street Journal about how with the recession one of the first things that corporations do during a downturn is clamp down on travel. Specifically Business Class travel. Instead of getting a BC seat for a flight of 5 hours or more, now it's 8. I shook my head, because this is another situation where Tempe just got lucky. The article cited that this was bad news for UAL and DL, as they had just "invested" in their upper class cabins.

We don't compete in this area, but maybe it doesn't matter for the time being.

After all of this mess, liquidation would be very hard on a lot of people.

I doubt this thread will be allowed in the US forum for long, but I feel for those people at Aloha.

Certainly the price of oil had a big part in this, but I think Johhny O ought to be in jail...he had a significant part in all of this as well.

"Buisiness is buisiness.........and only the tough survive..." Godley and Creme

Ummmm, I get your point Piney but I've been doing this for almost 25 years, through thick and thin, and I acturally like my paycheck, and my profit sharing check, and my hat trick check. No offense :D

Blah, Blah, Blah

Customer Service or rather the lack thereof will ensure that many companies follow in Aloha's footsteps. When the economy contracts, companies need to re focus on their key customers. Otherwise another vendor will.

Now then Class what have we seen to date from US?

Aloha Airlines didn't have any customer service problems (at times they trumped rival Hawaiian) and yet they are gone.

People out in the open (as there was no class to begin with) have seen the new US perform financially (excellent might I add), even though the some say that bread and butter has left, the elites are leaving in droves and they feel nickle and dimed. I wonder what's going on?

Furthermore US's network is rather stable. No erratic behavior.

-Kinglobjaw

I am sorry to see Aloha close. We used them in the past for inter-island flights.

Besides the cutthroat fares from Go, I think one problem is that Aloha was primarily aligned with United, while AA, CO, US, NW and DL have code-share and mileage reciprocity with Hawaiian. I hope that Aloha succeeds in its court case against Go, but I doubt that would do anything to bring them back.

Routes now to be open from mainland to the islands

Honolulu to Orange County

Honolulu to Oakland

Lihue/Kona to Orange County

Kona/Lihue to San Diego

Maui to Sacramento

Maui to Oakland

Maui to San Diego

Maui to Orange County

any others the vultures will go after in these markets

Fair notice--nothing to do with US Airways-will be moved to the regional page shortly.

Latest posts