Alpa Ta This Weekend (?), Ed. By Mod To Reflect St

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K., I could have placed a question mark into the title, but I have talked with a number of ALPA Reps and it appears the deadline for the parties is Sunday.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

How can this be, since I reported this news before it was published by the news media?

Does this article have a "rather deceptive and misleading heading" and is it "wayward" too? Maybe it's that 25-year vet influencing things again.

Complete Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Airline, pilots trying for deal

By Steve Halvonik
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, August 21, 2004

US Airways and its pilots' union failed to announce a tentative labor agreement on Friday, but both sides said they remained optimistic that a bargain would be struck soon.

This is a big difference from the title of this thread. It says "Trying for deal" and "would be struck soon". Nothing about a definite deal or this weekend as soon.

USA320pilot,
I have told you every step of the way that if you cave in, they will be back for more. You did not believe me, but I was right. Mark my words, if you cave in to them this time, they will be back for more. Its a bluff. He has no intention of shutting down the airline. He will keep hitting you (and all employees) for more cuts, with his self emposed deadlines, until someone says enough. What fools you are.

USA320Pilot said:
How can this be, since I reported this news before it was published by the news media?

Does this article have a "rather deceptive and misleading heading" and is it "wayward" too? Maybe it's that 25-year vet influencing things again.

Complete Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="171085"][/post]​

Because it was all over the 6PM news in Charlotte, sorry Jimmy Olsen, you did not report anything before the real Media.

700UW said:
Because it was all over the 6PM news in Charlotte, sorry Jimmy Olsen, you did not report anything before the real Media.
[post="171120"][/post]​

700:

My God man, do not denigrate Jimmy Olsen that way! He was Superman's friend.

MY sources inform me that any TA that arrives on the MEC's conference table with any mention of the DC retirement plan will never make it to the rank and file for a vote. The NC knows that as they attempt to bring back an agreement that can be voted on by the pilot group.

Should they fail to convince the company that ANY change to the DC plan is a deal breaker,the majority of pilots represented by the MEC will convince them in no uncertain terms and the TA will be DOA when it lands on the table. This is not a bluff. This is going to happen.

Let me state this again so it is "crystal clear" for 320 and his gang. This company does NOT need the pilot DC plan to survive. Their attempt to once again grab the pilot pension will be met with titanium resolve and will be turned away. Count on it.

And let me make one more thing clear for 320. The company has shown you what they think of the 279 jet requirement. You can bet that the TA, if one comes to us with the DC plan untouched, will result in furloughs and downgrades. You can also count on that. Glanzer himself allude to a smaller airline. And that is what is coming. Unless the cretins try to take the retirement. At that point there may well be NO airline. And many of us are totally prepared for that scenario.

mr

mwereplanes said:
700:

MY sources inform me that any TA that arrives on the MEC's conference table with any mention of the DC retirement plan will never make it to the rank and file for a vote. The NC knows that as they attempt to bring back an agreement that can be voted on by the pilot group.
[post="171126"][/post]​

You are not reporting accurate information.

Just so you can see the other side of the story, a BK judge can see both sides and sometimes rules against a company or gives it a severe warning. I'd urge you to read the Chicago Tribune for Sat Aug. 21st {Business Section}

A bankruptcy court judge warned United Airlines on Friday that he will let outsiders bid for control of the troubled carrier if management does not improve deteriorating relationships with its unions and others.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/

USA320Pilot said:

Complete Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="171085"][/post]​

Let me be basic and elementary with you. You posted a misleading heading to your link, you admitted as much in the post prior to the one which I am quoting.

Secondly, it is patently obvious, even to the most moronic individual alive, that you are incredibly jealous that I married a man with a great job that has been extremely successful in his career. Get over it! And for the record (once again), he has been an institutional head trader for MORE than 25 years and he has never been a vet. Grow up, and get a freakin' life. Although, I know you wish to live vicariously through mine, I have no room for you in it.

Now can we please get back to something that is more important than your fractured ego?

savyinvestor said:
This sounds personal Lark. Did you dump him? Curious minds want to know! Savy PM me if you like!
[post="171232"][/post]​
:D Ha Ha! No, right up to, and including marriage, I'd only dated credible, intelligent, good looking men!

Now that I've had my fun - I have never met the poster.

Mwereplanes information is inaccurate and is likely more of his "wish list" due to his age and maybe because he is ill-prepared, unlike many of us, for retirement.

Click here for more to the story.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.