America, Land of the free?

Ms Tree said:

How? Voting requirements are not being talked about. Just mandatory voting.

I do not understand how the idea of getting more people to the voting booth is a bad thing? I am not in favor of mandating it although there are several countries that do but the fact that only 36% of the eligible voters turned out for the mid terms is pretty pathetic.

Voting should be on a weekend when most people are off, the voting booths should be open earlier and stay open later, registration should be automatic upon verification. There are a lot of ways to make it easier bit for some reason many want to make it more difficult. We are supposed to be a representative republic. Lets get people represented.
Again Tree,------- Either you're missing the point, or choosing to ignore it. Getting more people into the voting booth is not a bad thing, but forcing them to be there against their well, for whatever reason,  now that's a different matter!

Reactions: 1 person
MCI transplant said:
Again Tree,------- Either you're missing the point, or choosing to ignore it. Getting more people into the voting booth is not a bad thing, but forcing them to be there against their well, for whatever reason,  now that's a different matter!

Already agreed that I am not in favor of mandating voting.  Your post that I was addressing illegals in some bizar link to mandatory voting.  Illegals can no more vote legally now than with some as yet proposed mandatory voting law.

Instead of forcing people to vote maybe Obummer should instead focus on making good of all his broken promises so more people would vote democrat. But alas the poor are even poorer under his presidential term so why bother voting.

Reactions: 2 people
Black Magic said:
Instead of forcing people to vote maybe Obummer should instead focus on making good of all his broken promises so more people would vote democrat. But alas the poor are even poorer under his presidential term so why bother voting.

IF the " poor are even poorer",..... just imagine how they'd be....if there was some asss-hole from the GOP...in there  !!!

News flash for the Bear.  Under Bush's term the lower income families wages remained flat during his presidency.  The travesty under Obama is that for a president that it supposed to benefit the poor most of all but with their incomes have dropped AND that the wealthy have gotten even more rich. That's not a political problem that's a math problem.

MCI transplant said:
I'm not a fan of "mandatory" anything Tree! " ------ Automatic registration? With proper identification, maybe.
Now you've done it. Proper identification? You must be a racist!

Coming.to a voting near you.....Demorats giving away a free flat screen for every vote for them!

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
IF the " poor are even poorer",..... just imagine how they'd be....if there was some asss-hole from the GOP...in there  !!!
Just more duckin'...dodgin'...and laying the blame anywhere other than where it belongs!

Move along.folks.....nothing to see here, as usual!

Ms Tree said:

Already agreed that I am not in favor of mandating voting.  Your post that I was addressing illegals in some bizar link to mandatory voting.  Illegals can no more vote legally now than with some as yet proposed mandatory voting law.
After obama gives them SS cards, and drivers licenses, what's going to stop them? And you can't be so naive as to tell me that there are some that have already done so!  As to what I've previously stated, it's really not that farfetched. It's what democrat's do best. They say to consume an apple, it takes one bite at a time! Mandatory voting would only be the first bite! 

So what's next?-------President obama picks up his pen, and phone, and  puts out a Presidential edict to make it "mandatory"  that everyone has to take two craps per day weather they want to or not?

MCI transplant said:
After obama gives them SS cards, and drivers licenses, what's going to stop them? And you can't be so naive as to tell me that there are some that have already done so!  As to what I've previously stated, it's really not that farfetched. It's what democrat's do best. They say to consume an apple, it takes one bite at a time! Mandatory voting would only be the first bite! 
Drivers licences are state, not federal.  Who said anything about issuing SS to non-citizens?

Ms Tree said:
Drivers licences are state, not federal.  Who said anything about issuing SS to non-citizens?
Where you been Tree? It's in the works! The only thing stopping it right now is one brave Texas Federal Judge which has stopped obama in his tracks!----- At least for now! ------ God bless his pea picking heart!!!

Ms Tree said:

How? Voting requirements are not being talked about. Just mandatory voting.
I do not understand how the idea of getting more people to the voting booth is a bad thing? I am not in favor of mandating it although there are several countries that do but the fact that only 36% of the eligible voters turned out for the mid terms is pretty pathetic.
Voting should be on a weekend when most people are off, the voting booths should be open earlier and stay open later, registration should be automatic upon verification. There are a lot of ways to make it easier bit for some reason many want to make it more difficult. We are supposed to be a representative republic. Lets get people represented.
Vote by mail is fantastic. There's something to be said about going to the polls, but there's also something to be said about getting herbalist & pamphlet delivered to your house, and having a few weeks to make one's decision...

Latest posts