America West Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvthe9

Veteran
Aug 30, 2002
Bottom line: Delta CEO Richard Anderson wants to move swiftly in merging the carriers, but he and his team are taking the time to plan integration changes in detail because they don't want to compromise the experiences of their customers. It will take about two years to fully integrate the two companies.

"At the end of the day, this new airline will be about unparalleled service of a superior nature to our competition," said Ed Bastian, Delta's president and Northwest's new CEO.

Story, http://www.startribune.com/business/344992...L7PQLanchO7DiUT

What he "Says", and what really happens are two different things. Based on some of the stuff that I'm reading on the DL & NW boards, he has his work cut out for him. Those who sit in the palace, tend to have unrealistic views of what should happen.

"At the end of the day, this new airline will be about unparalleled service of a superior nature to our competition," said Ed Bastian, Delta's president and Northwest's new CEO.
If I dug enough, I could probably find this very same, exact quote spouted off by Lakefield and Dougie 4 years ago.

Other then the mentioned quote and the pilots (and FAs who generally follow the pilots) I fail to see a difference betweent he two. Communication was excellent during the merger of US and HP. Our hangup was labor, and except (assuming they've accuratly portrayed the situation) for the pilots that will be their biggest problem as well. Unless of course you count all the East and West infighting we had and still to an extent have. I'd bet their merger goes about exactly like ours.

Other then the mentioned quote and the pilots (and FAs who generally follow the pilots) I fail to see a difference betweent he two. Communication was excellent during the merger of US and HP. Our hangup was labor, and except (assuming they've accuratly portrayed the situation) for the pilots that will be their biggest problem as well. Unless of course you count all the East and West infighting we had and still to an extent have. I'd bet their merger goes about exactly like ours.
I guess you weren't a front line worker when SHARES/QIK went down like no other

As much as a clusterF that the res. migration was, if that was the only real glaring issue in this whole merger I think most of us would be long over it and ok with it by now. There have just been too many hiccups and management blunders that have made this the mother load screwup of all airline mergers.

you are kidding...right????????????????????????//

As much as a clusterF that the res. migration was, if that was the only real glaring issue in this whole merger I think most of us would be long over it and ok with it by now. There have just been too many hiccups and management blunders that have made this the mother load screwup of all airline mergers.
Yah, right. Stand by for DL/NW. :lol:

I guess you weren't a front line worker when SHARES/QIK went down like no other

Nope, I'm not. All I saw was East folks talking about what a POS SHARES/QIK is, when it had worked fine before the merger. When people attack the quality of a working system in that manner they get ignored as fanatics, at least by me. That as it is, even if I forgot that, that was really the only major issue other then labor. I'm gonna predict that the DL/NW folks will be crying about how the "other side" sucks just as much as happens here.

This THREAD has nothing to DO with AMERICA WEST MGMT. There is no more AWA mgmt, but US Airways mgmt. MODERATORS Please close this thread!! :blink: :unsure: :blink: :down:
Let Delta deal with there own problems, heaven forbid, there flight attendants better vote AFA or are doomed. :eek:

Nope, I'm not. All I saw was East folks talking about what a POS SHARES/QIK is, when it had worked fine before the merger. When people attack the quality of a working system in that manner they get ignored as fanatics, at least by me. That as it is, even if I forgot that, that was really the only major issue other then labor. I'm gonna predict that the DL/NW folks will be crying about how the "other side" sucks just as much as happens here.
When you have the presidents of two unions write a letter to DP Realization starts to sink in to those that are in denial.
The combined association represents 2 million workers in customer service, technical support, and customer contact in the U.S. (Canada and Puerto Rico); in both the private and public sectors of the economy; in telecommunications and information technology; media and publishing; health care; higher education; law enforcement and public service; in the airlines and in manufacturing. public defenders in Minnesota; vegetable workers in California; sanitation workers in New York; brewers in St. Louis; newspaper workers in Seattle; construction workers in Las Vegas; zoo keepers in Pennsylvania; healthcare workers in Rhode Island; bakery workers in Maine; airline pilots, secretaries and police officers.
Name the occupation and chances are CWA/IBT represent those workers. The reservation system is the backbone of a airline.
WHEN HOFFA AND COHEN speak up and go on record a few people are made aware

“We are writing to express the serious concerns and frustrations coming from customer service agents – members of the Customer Service Employee Association CWA-IBT -- across the US Airways system and to urge you to take action by restoring needed staff positions and allowing our members to do what they do best: providing quality service to US Airways customers.â€￾
http://www.cwa.net/news/page.jsp?itemID=28327042

Bottom line the agent groups work thru it all and still do

Nope, I'm not. All I saw was East folks talking about what a POS SHARES/QIK is, when it had worked fine before the merger. When people attack the quality of a working system in that manner they get ignored as fanatics, at least by me.
Bags off bags on

Mods need te regain control of this board, the US haters have made poitnless after pointless post, I find I come here for info much less then before becuase there is none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts