American Air to increase regional fleet

Jesus Christ. The only thing missing now is Bob Owens to educate all of us about AA's mechanics having the lowest pay, fewest paid days off and worst benefits.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not like most airline forum topics have any more focus than a kid w/ ADD on Toys R Us' online catalog two weeks before Christmas.

Except we get to do this year round - except for a few slow days around Christmas and other big holidays.

Bob has already weighed in earlier in the topic but the subject was the shortage of mechanics.

WT had it correct. You keep making the same mistake in numerous, I'm trying to help you out and educate you. Unions have lost grievances for poor writing, would hate to see the same happen to you/the IAM.

Josh

Dude, you have issues.

By the way, I won awards for my writing and my recent trip going back to college for my degree, I got A's in all my English classes.

So try again.

and your contribution to the RJ discussion - or something remotely related to AA's restructuring...?

There are a lot of people who have very good writing skills on here.

what are the odds of aa getting an order of erj/crj before a potential merger and if so what effects will the merger have on the rj orders

what are the odds of aa getting an order of erj/crj before a potential merger and if so what effects will the merger have on the rj orders

Since AA already signed a contract with Republic to fly 53 E175s, and the first deliveries begin in June, then I'd say the odds are very good. See post # 15 for links.

Bankruptcy court hasn't yet approved, but given that AA obtained approval for the 500 plane orders a few weeks ago, approval for this one is a certainty.

How would a merger affect them? Unless Parker causes AA to breach the contract, the merger won't affect them at all. AA has a huge deficit of 2-class RJs compared to UA, DL or US.

No 190's. It's not worth paying APA rates to chase the extra 15 coach seats.

Unless Embraer ramps up its production speed to very fast levels and makes AA (or regional partners like Republic) deals that cannot be refused, AA will probably get some CRJ-900s as well, As a passenger, I much prefer the ERJ175s to the CRJ-900s.

The new AA pilot contract scope exception was written to permit the ERJ-175 and CRJ-900 from a MTOW and seat limit. Anything with more than 76 seats or anything above 86,000 pounds MTOW would have to be flown by mainline crews.

American Eagle unions want to delay American Airlines deal with Republic Airlines

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/american-eagle-flight-attendants-wants-to-delay-american-airlines-deal-with-republic-airlines.html/