American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
First official updates are written by the iam for the association.
Dont kid yourself with equal veto power to bring something for a vote, the tail is in control and wagging the dog.
If we had one union, either the twu or tge iam it would have been a whole lot easier.
Reading some of the tweets by gary peterson if they are true, knocking isom and company we are in for a long ride. Totally unprofessional and counter productive.
Petersons BS rumor is probably why talks kind of broke off this past session.Like you said totally unproductive. As it stands the company could wait for ever.

Ok this was a comment I admit that I found interesting. Does this mean that the Association agrees with the position I’ve long held not to ask for any PS to be places directly in the Contract but instead to try to at least get back to the original offer that Parker made on wages which was 7% above the top in the industry?

View attachment 14201

If true that shows the association is "negotiating". It shows willingness to move off a table position. What has the company moved off of? Nothing as far as I know.

So AA has updated negotiations on Jetnet...Did I read the Association didn't show up to discuss isuues with the NMB and AA leadership?

For over a year, we have made ourselves available for any negotiations meeting, including the current schedule with the National Mediation Board (NMB). What occurred this past week included a request by the Association’s Executive Committee to meet with American’s senior leadership team. On Tuesday, the mediators informed both parties that the meeting would be held the next day. The Association chose not to attend that Wednesday meeting, so the company and the NMB met anyway. The company’s full negotiating team was available and participated in the regularly-scheduled bargaining sessions that kicked off on Tuesday with the Association.
I didn't read this anywhere in the Association update...let me look again...It might have been in petersons but omitted when it was copied from crayon to print.

Reactions: AANOTOK
So AA has updated negotiations on Jetnet...Did I read the Association didn't show up to discuss isuues with the NMB and AA leadership?

For over a year, we have made ourselves available for any negotiations meeting, including the current schedule with the National Mediation Board (NMB). What occurred this past week included a request by the Association’s Executive Committee to meet with American’s senior leadership team. On Tuesday, the mediators informed both parties that the meeting would be held the next day. The Association chose not to attend that Wednesday meeting, so the company and the NMB met anyway. The company’s full negotiating team was available and participated in the regularly-scheduled bargaining sessions that kicked off on Tuesday with the Association.

The Association was at the Negotiating meeting room as specified. What they didn’t do was go running across town to meet behind closed doors with Executive Management.

I guess we can debate here whether they should or shouldn’t have gone but I do know in the past any of these “Closed Door” meetings were not well received by the rank and file.

Perhaps just for once the thought was Parker, Isom, Seymour, Popovich, Johnson or whoever it is can make decisions should meet with them?

If true that shows the association is "negotiating". It shows willingness to move off a table position. What has the company moved off of? Nothing as far as I know.

As I do know our guys have and are continuing to move towards the Company in many areas while since they’re first Jetnet Proposals the Company has not budged one inch.

Next Month may likely be the catalyst where we see if we really reach an impasse or not?

The first week of April meeting in DCA was not put out because it wasn’t confirmed.

BTW again looking at it as much as some posters here keep assuming it’s something else holding us back if you read that Company update they’re pretty well focused that the issue is Scope (Jobs) first.

BTW since neither the Company or the Association signed any disclosure agreements. The Association as far as the initial wage increase has also come down off their last ask that I knew of.

The last offer was for them to keep their PS but if the Company is insisting on it being a part of our Compensation the Association wants it put in writing like they have at both UAL and SWA and the last wage ask would be lower to accommodate that decision of course.

No the Association does not trust leaving it out in the open not in writing. And still the current offer by the Company that they haven’t moved off of is still sub par.

If they took PS off the table, what’d they replace it with? It might be “at risk” compensation, but that's still a lot of cash to potentially leave at the table.

Ok this was a comment I admit that I found interesting. Does this mean that the Association agrees with the position I’ve long held not to ask for any PS to be places directly in the Contract but instead to try to at least get back to the original offer that Parker made on wages which was 7% above the top in the industry?

View attachment 14201
Yet you have this, so a little contradictory.

"The best overall pay in the industry and guarantee industry-leading profit sharing Annual industry wage comparator reset"

The Association was at the Negotiating meeting room as specified. What they didn’t do was go running across town to meet behind closed doors with Executive Management.

I guess we can debate here whether they should or shouldn’t have gone but I do know in the past any of these “Closed Door” meetings were not well received by the rank and file.

Perhaps just for once the thought was Parker, Isom, Seymour, Popovich, Johnson or whoever it is can make decisions should meet with them?
If the NMB set the meeting, place and time, you go. Doesn't look good on the Association in the eyes of the NMB.

If they took PS off the table, what’d they replace it with? It might be “at risk” compensation, but that's still a lot of cash to potentially leave at the table.

Yep. I figure taking Deltas profit sharing formula off the table is worth $6 or $7/hr at least.

Yet you have this, so a little contradictory.

"The best overall pay in the industry and guarantee industry-leading profit sharing Annual industry wage comparator reset"

I’m sorry but I really am not sure where you’ve read that? I just double checked and am not seeing that in the latest Jetnet letter?

If the NMB set the meeting, place and time, you go. Doesn't look good on the Association in the eyes of the NMB.

You do realize that these top Executives (Parker and Isom) have not been at any of our Negotiation sessions even one single time.

Not to mention something not publicly known but any time the Association Leadership has met with them they get the same smoke blown up their asses that you see in those Town Halls.

Kind of does not want to make you waste your time and look like a bunch of schmucks frankly.

Yep. I figure taking Deltas profit sharing formula off the table is worth $6 or $7/hr at least.

I don’t think unfortunately we can go that far at least in Fleet? Remember that AA is not generating the Profits that Delta is and they share the pool with 40,000 more employees as well.

Think somewhere in the range of 7 to 10% above and that’s being (gulp) fair to the Company.

I’m sorry but I really am not sure where you’ve read that? I just double checked and am not seeing that in the latest Jetnet letter?
Go to WAGES W, first thing on the right.

Wages The best overall pay in the industry and guarantee industry-leading profit sharing Annual industry wage comparator reset
It's under Association Proposal Claim.

You do realize that these top Executives (Parker and Isom) have not been at any of our Negotiation sessions even one single time.

Not to mention something not publicly known but any time the Association Leadership has met with them they get the same smoke blown up their asses that you see in those Town Halls.

Kind of does not want to make you waste your time and look like a bunch of schmucks frankly.
That really doesn't address my point W. My point is if the mediators (NMB) schedule a meeting, as they did this one at a different location HQ and different folks AA Brass, I think it's in your best interest to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts